Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice meeting you as well. If you want just post in this thread with your results.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Arfmax,
    Nice write up.

Dom

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice meeting you as well. If you want just post in this thread with your results.

Don

Alright will do it here...

SCF Rewards
    Country

My 2015 National Results

Last week, I went with a friend to Chicago to attend the 2015 National sportscard show which took place in the area. This is my 3rd National that I have attended in the past 7 years. It was nice to do some IP graphing again for a change. I haven't done any IP graphing since I moved out of Minnesota just over 2 months ago. Long story short, I have had a busy summer since I moved out of Minnesota. Alright before I share the results, PLEASE NOTE that I decided to combine my IP results and other pickups over the 2 days I was able to attend the biggest card show in the country. Alright here are the results and I will start with my IP pickups first:

2015 National IP pickups

MLB

Manny Ramirez 1/1 card, 1/1 8x10 photo!!! (Was aware of his personality and the graphs he could give before going into this signing. I will just say this, I am glad to get a card done and out of the way for my Red Sox autograph projects! Thought about getting 2 cards done but I couldn't justify the cost for 2 cards. Glad to have an 8x10 done for a change! Yes I am a Red Sox fan if anyone is wondering lol. I will have more to share on Manny below in this thread.)

NBA

John Havlicek 1/1 8x10 photo!!! (It was nice to have an photofile for him for a change. He has a nice sig! In Baltimore he was a popular guest so I was surprised to not see the line so big for him at this show.)

Nate "Tiny" Archibald 1/1 8x10 photo

Dominique Wilkins 1/1 8x10 photo

Allen Iverson 1/1 8x10 photo!!! (Glad to have him on an 8x10 for a change!)

That is all I got to share from IP pickups at this show.

I heard alot of rumors about Manny Ramirez walking out from signing autographs and not completing his line and mail order items. I was able to get through the line and get my two items done no problem. Heard alot of stories/rumors of what went on with Manny Ramirez at this show. Does anyone on here have the exact story and if so please share your sources? Was wondering if anyone on here heard any of the rumors that I heard at this show? Just curious to know since when I saw him, it wasn't a problem getting my stuff done. I heard in his playing days, he was sporadic with his personality and signing habits. He wasn't very chatty but it was nice to finally get a couple things done of a known tough signer in the MLB. Yes I was aware of what autos to possibly expect from Manny being Manny.

Here are the scans of my IP pickups:

That concludes my IP pickups from this show.

Alright I will move on to my card pickups from this show:

Never seen an Anderson Varejao full sig before. Wonder if he only gives that out on certified autos lol.

These are obviously my better basketball auto pickups from this show. Nice to get an Hal Greer auto for a change since I did go to his school. If only I can find an signed card of him in his Marshall jersey. I have heard Danny Manning is tough to get on cards. Was surprised to see he has a certified auto out now on cards. Got a good deal on the Karl Malone to hard to pass up since I don't see many certified autos of him out these days.

I think after this show, there is a good chance I could be starting a football player collection for Aaron Dobson now. I was in school at the time he did play football for Marshall University.

Pats autos pickups

That is all I got to share card pickup wise of importance from this show.

Here are the results of 4 boxes that I busted. Got them for reasonable prices to where it was to hard to pass up.

Results from 2 boxes of 2012-13 Panini Past and Present basketball

The 2nd box had an auto redemption card. Unfortunately it has expired so I am unusure whether I will contact Panini or not or just try to redeem it. Has anyone on here ever pulled an expired redemption card from an Panini basketball product? If so please share your experience so I can figure out what to do with this expired card.

Results from a box of 2013-14 Prizm Basketball

Both the base parallel cards are #'d to 49.

Last but not least:

Results from a box of 2013-14 Panini Titanium Basketball

This turned out to be the biggest hit from all 4 boxes I busted!!!:

Yup my best card from all 4 boxes came from the last pack in this box that I busted.

doniceage: It was great to finally meet you in person for a change! Hope you had a great time at this show. I didn't realize that you did alot of shows and I was surprised to hear what happened to the Gibraltar show over in Taylor, MI. Didn't hear anything about it until you told me. I will have to find out from a couple Detroit graphers I am friends with. Last time I attended a show there was 6 years ago.

That is all I got to share for now. Sorry for not being able to post much anymore. I am very busy these days. Thanks for looking!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

doniceage: It was great to finally meet you in person for a change! Hope you had a great time at this show. I didn't realize that you did alot of shows and I was surprised to hear what happened to the Gibraltar show over in Taylor, MI. Didn't hear anything about it until you told me. I will have to find out from a couple Detroit graphers I am friends with. Last time I attended a show there was 6 years ago.

That is all I got to share for now. Sorry for not being able to post much anymore. I am very busy these days. Thanks for looking!!!

Glad you could stop by and chat for a while during the show. Gibraltar was and will always be one of my favorite shows. Just have the Mt. Clemens location now but still a great show for those around the area. Thanks again for posting some of your pickups at the show.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Boston Red Sox Denver Broncos
    Twitter: @FaZeBls0618

The 2nd box had an auto redemption card. Unfortunately it has expired so I am unusure whether I will contact Panini or not or just try to redeem it. Has anyone on here ever pulled an expired redemption card from an Panini basketball product? If so please share your experience so I can figure out what to do with this expired card.

You should have taken the expired redemption card to Panini. They had an expired redemption trade up program. A friend gave me an expired redemption card at the show of Dion Waiters. I took it up to the redemption booth at Panini and the guy in charge (Dave Sharp) said Waiters was a crap signer and still hadn't returned any autos. He said I could have something as a replacement and asked which sport I wanted. I picked baseball and he handed me a 2015 Cooperstown HOF Signatures Red 38/49 Don Sutton. Sutton wouldn't have been my first choice but I really can't complain about getting a HOF'er autograph to replace an expired redemption that was given to me.
    Trout, Harper, Puig, Rizzo, Myers, Darvish, Strasburg, Jeter, Ortiz, Sizemore, Tanaka, Abreu, Castro, Bryant, Soler, Baez, Russell, Schwarber, Szczur, Contreras, I Happ, Cespedes, Pollock, J Robinson, Ruth, Williams, Musial, Cobb, Aaron, A.J. Green, Decker, J.J. Watt, Winston, Mariota, Odell, P Manning, W Payton, LeBron, Porzingis, Simmons, Embiid, Lonzo, Chamberlain, K Malone, J West

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

If you wanted to move either of those Malone autos, let me know. Unfortunately I had to miss the National this year, as I had also attended in the Chicago the last two times.
    Collecting Karl Malone, Ryne Sandberg, Pat Angerer, Tavian Banks, Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Cook, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray, Luka Garza, Joe Wieskamp, Jordan Bonhannon, DJ Carton
    Hidden Content

Inventory:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

You should have taken the expired redemption card to Panini. They had an expired redemption trade up program. A friend gave me an expired redemption card at the show of Dion Waiters. I took it up to the redemption booth at Panini and the guy in charge (Dave Sharp) said Waiters was a crap signer and still hadn't returned any autos. He said I could have something as a replacement and asked which sport I wanted. I picked baseball and he handed me a 2015 Cooperstown HOF Signatures Red 38/49 Don Sutton. Sutton wouldn't have been my first choice but I really can't complain about getting a HOF'er autograph to replace an expired redemption that was given to me.

Had no idea that was going on at this show. Wish I knew about this and busted the boxes during the time I was at the show now lol. Well I have heard they honored expired redemption cards in the past so I guess I will get on their website and see what they will do with it...

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you wanted to move either of those Malone autos, let me know. Unfortunately I had to miss the National this year, as I had also attended in the Chicago the last two times.

Not really looking to move either one of them at the moment unless the offer is very good. Please send me a pm if your still interested. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Finally got my haul from the National up on my site as well. I've linked it here rather than post all the pics up here. The highlights for me were picking up Bobby Douglass as an unexpected bonus on Thursday and my Stan Hack 4x6 that I picked up on Friday.

Arfmax, great hanging with you again. Don... thanks for the trades. I appreciate the help. Look forward to doing it again in 2 years!

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast