Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Went for one day last year...and I wish I could've been there the whole time. Taking a weekend off and going! Super excited.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i will be attending for a 2nd straight year, I stopped by the booth last year in the massive thing we call the national, last year was my first I was only able to attend for 1 day, but I plan on doing it all this year, looking forward to it, hope to see more people this year,

my best pickup at the national last year was the 2006/07 limited logo jersey number from Martin brodeur 30/50 its a nice 3 color swatch but I had to pay a 80 dollar premium for it being his jersey number, but hey im happy with it and it will never leave my collection

I wish I could say I bust boxes when im there but im a strange collector in that I don't like the design of most cards after 2009, I am a seller 2nd and a collector first so the fear of the expired redemption has always stopped me from buying any old products its not the premium price that scares me away its that redemption thing

later ... DAVE

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Went for one day last year...and I wish I could've been there the whole time. Taking a weekend off and going! Super excited.

Yeah it definitely hard to enjoy one day as there not nearly enough time to cover the show.m what are you looking for this year?

i will be attending for a 2nd straight year, I stopped by the booth last year in the massive thing we call the national, last year was my first I was only able to attend for 1 day, but I plan on doing it all this year, looking forward to it, hope to see more people this year,

my best pickup at the national last year was the 2006/07 limited logo jersey number from Martin brodeur 30/50 its a nice 3 color swatch but I had to pay a 80 dollar premium for it being his jersey number, but hey im happy with it and it will never leave my collection

I wish I could say I bust boxes when im there but im a strange collector in that I don't like the design of most cards after 2009, I am a seller 2nd and a collector first so the fear of the expired redemption has always stopped me from buying any old products its not the premium price that scares me away its that redemption thing

later ... DAVE

Nice pick it. Have a SCS the limited logo? What are you looking to add to your pc thus year?

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you have any questions as the National approaches lmk. Will be happy to answer your question with other members who been to a ton of Nationals.

Your going to have a blast!

Don

I actually do have a couple questions. I was going to wait until closer to the show but...

What are the highlights of Nationals? Is there anything you would consider a can't miss?

Are the athletes in the autograph pavillion generally pretty friendly? Will they say hi and make small talk or is it strictly a business transaction there?

Are there any bargains to be found when buying wax or is everything priced sky high for the event?

And, last one for now, do any of the stands pass out freebies?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I actually do have a couple questions. I was going to wait until closer to the show but...

What are the highlights of Nationals? Is there anything you would consider a can't miss?
    Well it depends on where your hobby love is. If you love true game used there ton of equipment, jerseys, balls, bats, gloves, etc. to buy of all kind of athletes. Stuff you never see.

If you like case breaks you can watch some of the high dollar products be broke in person and see the plethora of goodies that come out of them. Stuff you only dream of seeing imo as the cases are so expensive.

Are the athletes in the autograph pavillion generally pretty friendly? Will they say hi and make small talk or is it strictly a business transaction there?
    It all depends on the athlete. Some are great and will chat beyond just hi, take pictures, inscriptions etc. I would suggest looking at a via bag as you get a lot of freebies plus ticket to pick up extra freebies. The autograph signers are the lower tier but these are usually the friendlier ones imo.

Are there any bargains to be found when buying wax or is everything priced sky high for the event?

Bargains happen on wax especially as the show goes on. As people rather not take it home. Plus you can check prices and get other dealers to beat the other dealer prices. Not going to find bargains on wax like you will on singles of cards that a dealer might not realize the value.

And, last one for now, do any of the stands pass out freebies?

There always freebies but nothing earth shattering. The best thing is toward the end of the show sometimes a company will move extra freebies if they have a lot leftover.

Anything else just ask and I am sure others who attended can offer their opinions as well.

D
    O
    N

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (63)
    Country
    See whyfly10's Items on eBay

Given the luck that it is in Chicago this year, I most likely will be attending! Just out to see what is there maybe buy a box or a case of whatever. Mostly there to see some pick ups meet some of the NBA greats

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pick it. Have a SCS the limited logo? What are you looking to add to your pc thus year?

Don

I dont really expect to add much if anything to my 2005-2008 cup collection, but I love looking at great cards and some of the best rarest cards in the world are usually front and center at the national , even the NBA an NFL which I dont collect at all its just great to see the highest of the highest end I HAD my mouth drop atleast 5 times on cal ripken Jr stuff but I just cant afford that 1/1 stuff

a nice Patrick roy would be nice to add this year in his montreal jersey, I only have him in Colorado patches and jerseys , whether its cup or ultimate collection really wont matter but that would make it a Huge plus .... its not more than a 4 hour drive for me, so why not experience the event again

does SCS of the logo mean screenshot?

Later

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Given the luck that it is in Chicago this year, I most likely will be attending! Just out to see what is there maybe buy a box or a case of whatever. Mostly there to see some pick ups meet some of the NBA greats

There plenty of greats to meet. Just usually have to figure out what you are getting signed etc.

I dont really expect to add much if anything to my 2005-2008 cup collection, but I love looking at great cards and some of the best rarest cards in the world are usually front and center at the national , even the NBA an NFL which I dont collect at all its just great to see the highest of the highest end I HAD my mouth drop atleast 5 times on cal ripken Jr stuff but I just cant afford that 1/1 stuff

a nice Patrick roy would be nice to add this year in his montreal jersey, I only have him in Colorado patches and jerseys , whether its cup or ultimate collection really wont matter but that would make it a Huge plus .... its not more than a 4 hour drive for me, so why not experience the event again

does SCS of the logo mean screenshot?

Later

I am sure you will see some Cup stuff. The guy from Russia usually has some insane pieces of course the price tags are crazy. I am sure you will be able to find some patrick Roy stuff in a Montreal uniform.

Would like to see a picture of your Marty B. If u have time.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

There plenty of greats to meet. Just usually have to figure out what you are getting signed etc.

I am sure you will see some Cup stuff. The guy from Russia usually has some insane pieces of course the price tags are crazy. I am sure you will be able to find some patrick Roy stuff in a Montreal uniform.

Would like to see a picture of your Marty B. If u have time.

Don

yeah the Russian and ebay tag ovechkin the great 8 were both stationed last year And figured they are both national regulars with the High priced products they collected during the innagural years of the cup, So many property of sticks out of ovechkin the great 8 and The Russian guy had many Jersey numbered Serial number cards Which can only be accomplished through massive buying through boxes or online in the first 2 years of the cup...

here is the martin brodeur, one of my 20 favorites for sure in my ever growing 2005 and 2006 cup collections

[/URL][/IMG]

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah they have some sick stuff. Awesome cards of Marty. Have to love the 3 color to boot.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

That a few of the items he has.

Don

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast