Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Cheaper Options for international shipping - US Members

Hey guys, i constantly see new threads from members asking for cheaper ways to ship internationally So, i figured i'd start a thread, for everyone who wants to share their methods of saving in here, and i will add them all to the original post for a sort of resource thread instead of new threads being posted all the time. Or, at the very least, we can link them to this thread instead of re-writing the same stuff over and over again.

I will start with my personal method of cutting costs on international shipping.

Option 1:

http://www.stamps.com/

This is an excellent service! Before i go into in depth i will let you know that it does cost $15.99 a month (can call and downgrade to $9.99 and there no difference), however, the saving from international shipping along outweigh the monthly fee. I've personally been using this service for over 2 years without any problems.

To go to the post office it will cost you over $6 to ship a 1 oz bubble mailer package to Canada. To ship that exact package using stamps.com it will cost you $2.29 PLUS the customs form works as TRACKING until its delivered to their door which is awesome. Not only will you save on international shipping but you get free delivery confirmation to all packages in the US, so a package up to 3 oz will only cost $1.93, then it goes up a few cents each ounce after that. Not to mention the fact that you don't need to go to the post office anymore since you just place the packages in your mailbox for pick-up, that's a win on it's own.

This option does not have any way of linking to your paypal account, however, when i signed up for paypal i was given a paypal debit/credit card that i added for my payment method on stamps.com and it takes the money straight out of my account.

Another thing to mention about it, the lowest amount of postage you can buy at a time is $10 but if you are a serious shipper like myself then $10 goes very quickly but even if you don't use it right away, it wont go anywhere and will be there for you to use when its needed.

They will give you a free month of service as well as $5 free postage to try it out before committing to it so it's worth checking out.

Option 2:

PWE - Plain white envelopes

Shipping in a PWE is a very cost friendly way to make lower end deals with our friends across the border at only $1.15.

However, shipping PWE is frowned upon by many people due to the higher risk of the card(s) being damaged in delivery so if you plan or want to send PWE make sure to get the OK from your trading partner to ship the card(s) that way and i highly recommend only using this method on low end deal and thin cards, not jersey cards etc..
    Last edited by DnJcards; 03-03-2015 at 12:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Quick Question: How do you pay them. Through Paypal, Credit Card, something else?
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey guys, i constantly see new threads from members asking for cheaper ways to ship internationally So, i figured i'd start a thread, for everyone who wants to share their methods of saving in here, and i will add them all to the original post for a sort of resource thread instead of new threads being posted all the time.

I will start with my personal method of cutting costs on international shipping.

Option 1:

http://www.stamps.com/

This is an excellent service! Before i go into in depth i will let you know that it does cost $15.99 a month (can call and downgrade to $9.99 and there no difference), however, the saving from international shipping along outweigh the monthly fee. I've personally been using this service for over 2 years without any problems.

To go to the post office it will cost you over $6 to ship a 1 oz bubble mailer package to Canada. To ship that exact package using stamps.com it will cost you $2.29 PLUS the customs form works as TRACKING until its delivered to their door which is awesome. Not only will you save on international shipping but you get free delivery confirmation to all packages in the US, so a package up to 3 oz will only cost $1.93, then it goes up a few cents each ounce after that.

They will give you a free month of service as well as $5 free postage to try it out before committing to it so it's worth checking out.

Hopefully some member can chime in and we can get a nice little resourceful intl shipping thread together!

I'm seriously considering this option.

I gotta add the beloved PWE (plain-white envelope) which I have had great success with. Good for mailing up to 15 lower-end cards. Not recommended for jersey cards. Costs a $1.15 International stamp.

Cards in Ultra Pro pages cut into thirds, then loaded into Cheerios cardboard stock, tape on three sides crease at top protecting cards:

Finished:

Envelope:

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Quick Question: How do you pay them. Through Paypal, Credit Card, something else?

I use my paypal debit/credit card, i dont believe they can link paypal to stamps.com as of now so i just use that card and it takes the money straight out of my PP account.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gfel2795: perfect i have added the PWE option, let me know if theres anything you'd like me to add to it.