Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamluangraj_123's Items on eBay

TTM Projects, what's your favorite?

Ok, so since I've been doing TTM for a few months now basically starting out with my Indians cards from the 80's, sending to guys with high success rates, I have started other projects that mean something to me or send to other athletes outside of baseball that I remember and have some kind of meaning to me. Other than the Indians and my cards, I also have an ESPN Body Issue project, not really much there for me, but some of the names and athletes that I enjoy watching on TV are who I've sent to, the big one for me right now though is my Heisman winner project. My goal is to get every living hesiman winner on the same photo, not the exact photo, but sending every player an unsigned photo. I started out with 4 guys, mostly because that's all the sharpies I had at the time lol, but getting these back is probably the coolest thing I have started yet.

Have you ever had a project that you needed to complete that a player didn't sign TTM and had to go the paid signing route? How much have you spent doing that? I obviously would need MAriota and Winston for my project, but I haven't seen good return rates, they are doing a signing coming up but it's $110 per. With other signings coming up, I just can't afford it to get those two guys, I'm sure there are others, but those are the two notable guys that I have come across that sparked this question and post.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

I like your projects! The Body Issue one is very unique and the Heisman is going to be crazy, but fun!

I have a feeling Mariota will do TTM once he gets drafted. He's to good of a guy to not. I hope. That said, I'm doing the in-person auto for him just as insurance. I'm a Duck, so it adds extra value to me to be able to meet him and get a picture w/ our 1st Heisman.

But very creative projects! Got me thinking about some for me too!

SCF Rewards
    Country

FYI, I was able to get about 4 people from the 2014 Body Issue to sign. Can't remember the names (I am at work), but all for of them were females

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamluangraj_123's Items on eBay

Thanks grifnutz, the Heisman one is definitely fun already and I've just started basically. I can see your point on meeting Mariota, I met Eddie George a couple weeks ago for him to sign one of my photos for this and hope to see Troy Smith again to have him do this project as well. You can check out what picture I'm using in my success thread. I was actually surprised at the amount of Heisman winners that actually sign really well TTM.

Yes dabears67, that is all I've sent to is female athletes (I feel weird sending stuff like that to the male athletes for some reason lol), I currently have Rousey, Hilary Knight, and Courntey Force is in the mail already and I plan to send to Hope Solo soon. Was really hoping Hannah Teter was good TTM but I haven't seen much success from her. This is kind of slow project, not one of my big ones at the moment so I haven't done much research into who signs and who doesn't from the issues.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

My "big" project is I'm trying to collect the signatures of all living Chicago Cubs alumni from 1948-present. Trying to do most of it TTM. Been pretty fortunate to date, I've picked up over 200 in that manner, probably have close to 400 overall.

I do smaller side projects with the Bears and Blackhawks... will also sometimes just develop a small set to send out. For example, I did a USFL set of 19 cards (one for each team). I'm down to one card to finish that set.

To answer your question about getting someone IP to finish... I'll probably have to finish my USFL set in a more expensive manner... I would like to get Jim Kelly to finish the set. He used to be good through his foundation, although the price ($50) is steep. I've also done it before with guys who don't sign TTM for my Cubs set.