Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this a joke ? C'mon Leaf how to trash a good set going for 10 years...

And after people don't understand why the card doesn't sell on the secondary market...

It's the set builder who keep the value of a set alive... and now all we have is a trash hit only products.... 95% of these card won't even sell in dollar bin....

Leaf is to worst company I've seen... don't have an idea of how the hobby is working...

By the way... to the dumb designer of Leaf... it's VÉZINA not VEZNIA....

Don't be so negative.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

The worst part of these mock ups is the serial numbering ..... it just looks so awful =S
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Never really been a fan of h&p, because I don't wtch that hockey level. The one time I did watch a game, I was very happy to pick up some h&p base of the players I saw, as well as some hits.

given how hard it is to get singles of pre-nhl players, I would have preferred H&p to keep its base set. As for the hits only, I'm very surprised to see the vezina. I think this will be the first time he's included in such a "low end" set (perhaps no longer low end?).

Designs seem okay. Pretty clean, but I will mirror the comment about the grainy photos and terrible air brushing.

I'd pick this above say.... opc, ultra, artifacts and bd, but not spa, ud s1, s2 nor spgu.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I don't know what to say anymore. When UD and ITG keep putting the same stuff out year after year, as people usually say, people complain its the same old crap. Now its changed and by seeing 4 pics and a product description all the sudden its crap.

They eliminated the base cards. How many people here did the base set and keep it? I see one above did collect base cards of their team. I suspect not many. If any of you pulled any of the cards above you wont be complaining.

Yeah Im not a fan of combining BTP & HP but Im not going to condemn the product. People said the same thing about leaf metal.

IMHO switching to a "hits-only" product is not a bad decision as with having Draft Prospects, one of those sets become redundant to a point. The design looks nice, and overall I would say it is a nice product...if they didn't insist on the horrible airbrush jobs. That one aspect can undo all the good work put into the set. Actually makes a Vezina GU piece look cheap.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Will make a few comments here, but there is a much longer thread devoted to the changes of this set on another forum, where the criticism of the "hits only" switch is much longer / bigger, and some of my points are really in response to reading that (and treating those comments as many people's opinions).

H&P is a set that I usually did a box or two of, never really collected it. I would always add Guelph Storm stuff (base, "regular" patches / autos.... none of the SPs or parallels, and inserts). I did generally like the set though. Value was always decent (star player base cards even sold) but you had to hit something really rare to get a truly "big" card.

To anyone who thinks they're going to kill the brand by getting rid of the base, I'd suggest you go to an online site (i.e. Dave & Adams) and see what a box of last year's H&P is selling for: $45. That's a lot less than when it hit shelves (you can get last year's BTP for only $34... after starting out at $112). Fact is, these products have NOT been a success the last few years. Do I like them? Yes. I like them very much, but collectors are speaking with their wallets, and they ain't buying this stuff.

I'm skeptical. When you make a big change like this, you're going to upset some customers. You're going to lose some of them. Maybe this change will get them new customers though?

I have not seen a release from ITG under the Leaf banner that I really liked yet, but I'm holding out hope that we'll get a winner from them soon. Way too early to write these guys off IMO.

For the BTP set, they are not really combining the sets. My understanding is that after last year's BTP did so poorly, they decided to scrap it..... but BTP will be an insert name in a few brands going forward.

I'll wait until I see the checklist before I make a decision on weather or not I want to buy. I really do hope they included enough stuff in the set that interests me that I will.... as I've always been a big fan of ITG products in the past.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

It's no longer a set. I'd be stunned if a product with 9 hits was anything but high end. This is another blow to set builders and those collectors who enjoy opening reasonably priced packs. Nothing special about the design and the marriage of BTP with H & P is simply a consolidation of ITG products. The allure is, of course, a chance to pull a card similar to one of those pictured above. I'm not that lucky.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

To anyone who thinks they're going to kill the brand by getting rid of the base, I'd suggest you go to an online site (i.e. Dave & Adams) and see what a box of last year's H&P is selling for: $45. That's a lot less than when it hit shelves (you can get last year's BTP for only $34... after starting out at $112). Fact is, these products have NOT been a success the last few years. Do I like them? Yes. I like them very much, but collectors are speaking with their wallets, and they ain't buying this stuff.

While that may be true it isn't like Leaf products light up the secondary market. They have a lot of products that tank and sell for a fraction of what they debuted at.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

While that may be true it isn't like Leaf products light up the secondary market. They have a lot of products that tank and sell for a fraction of what they debuted at.

But this isn't a discussion of Leaf products as a whole, the OP is about the new Heroes & Prospects/BTP.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Hey, some of us enjoy those $34 prices......
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

For the BTP set, they are not really combining the sets. My understanding is that after last year's BTP did so poorly, they decided to scrap it..... but BTP will be an insert name in a few brands going forward.

Horrors. Say it isn't so!

Cheers (how can I with no BTP?),
    reoddai

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast