Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Question about release dates

I'm trying to get my hands on a John(ny) Gaudreau rookie card, but I see that he has 4 already:
    2014-15 Upper Deck #211 Johnny Gaudreau
    2014-15 O-Pee-Chee #544 Johnny Gaudreau
    2014-15 Black Diamond #231 Johnny Gaudreau
    2014-15 Artifacts #146 Johnny Gaudreau

I know that for most people the RC would be any card in the first year of the player, but I prefer to collect the "rookie" rookie card so to speak. That would be the first one released for the season. I know that traditionally artifacts is first, but I also know that in past years they did rookie redemptions. I'm not really sure about the release order, or presence of redemptions this year (I wasn't paying attention).

Could anyone tell me which of the above sets was the first to have his rookie card available through packs on the market?

Alternatively, does anyone know if the release dates for sets are stored anywhere? like in a wiki or something so that we know whch products came to market & when?

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought ultra had one too...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that OPC would be the one you're looking for.

It hit shelves before UD Series 1 (which was out before Black Diamond) and before Fleer Ultra (which does have a rookie card of him as well. It's just not marked that way in the SCF inventory, which is where I assume you got your list from).

Artifacts also came out after OPC, so that wouldn't be it. Just to set the record straight though, Johnny Gaudreau was NOT a redemption. He played last season as well, so he's one of those "carry over" rookies. Debuted the season before, but too late to get any cardboard.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dave71120's Items on eBay

2014-15 MVP would technically be his "first" rookie card, but it's a redemption. His first live rookie card would be his OPC card #544.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone. I didn't see the ultra in the SCF trade manager as was guessed.

I'll be on the lookout for the OPc if that was his first release.

Cheers,
    reoddai