Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

What no riots for a slain African American??????????????

Oh yeah he is an officer of the law so no love for him from Al and Uncle Jesse. RIP Officer Wilson and condolences to the family and two children who lost a father. But you wont see no protesting for this man.

Philadelphia Police are in mourning after the loss of one of their own.
    Officer Robert Wilson III, an 8-year veteran with the 22nd District, died from his injuries after he was shot several times at close range during an attempted robbery inside a North Philadelphia GameStop.

The 30-year-old father left behind two young children, as well as a grandmother.

"Take a moment and say a prayer for this family," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey. "And this 9-year-old boy who will now grow up without a father. A 1-year-old is going to grow up without a dad because of what happened today."

Wilson, who was in full uniform, along with his partner, went inside the GameStop at the Hope Plaza Shopping Center on 2101 West Lehigh Avenue around 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Suddenly, two armed men came inside and announced a robbery.
    "We don't know if they knew he was a police officer or not," Ramsey said. "We suspect, perhaps, they did not."
    Wilson immediately confronted the pair, leading to a shootout. The suspects, who were on both sides of the officer, shot at him several times at close range as Wilson returned fire, officials said.
    "Even though he was being struck multiple times, he continued to fire until the fatal [[shot]] was fired," Ramsey said.
    Customers at the shopping center ran for cover. Sharon Coffield, an employee at the nearby Rainbow Clothing Store, told NBC10 she heard the gunshots and then witnessed part of the shooting.
    "My assistant manager ran to the door," Coffield said. "She was getting ready to pull down the bleachers and that's when she saw the cop out there shooting!"
    Wilson's partner heard the gunfire and shot at the suspects as well, police said.
    "Whoever was in the GameStop, they must've been shooting out," Coffield said. "And he was like, shooting in. And he was running across the lot."
    One of the suspects was struck though police have not yet confirmed whether he was shot by Wilson or his partner.
    The second suspect who wasn't struck fled the store and tried to blend in with a crowd outside but was quickly apprehended by responding police officers, according to investigators.
    A call for an officer down went out at 4:44 p.m. and Wilson was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where he died from his injuries at 6:25 p.m.
    "I knew him," Ramsey said. "He was one of the best police officers this city has to offer. A very, very brave, heroic individual. Even though he was struck multiple times he was able to continue to fire."
    The suspect who was shot was taken to Einstein Hospital, though officials have not yet revealed his condition. Police also said the suspects had priors, and one was on parole.
    Police later recovered the suspects' weapons at the scene of the shooting, a .40-caliber and a 9mm. One of the weapons had an extended clip, allowing the suspect to fire more rounds than usual, officials said.
    Wilson along with his partner were part of the group of 22nd District Officers who volunteered to participate in the trial run of the Philadelphia Police body camera program. During our interview with him in December, Wilson told us he wanted to work to rebuild trust between police and the community.
    "It's less negative reaction from the community," Wilson said. "They're recording us and we're recording them also."

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny no outrage???? Figured not

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Funny no outrage???? Figured not

Don't judge us all but a mere few please. My prayers go out to Officer Wilson's family & friends. If I lived there I couldn't protest now but when the trash that did this is caught I would want the death sentence imposed for capital murder& if not then crap would hit the fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No I am not judging I just find it insulting that all the big mouths who were all for Mike Brown have no love for a law abiding citizen here.
    Don't judge us all but a mere few please. My prayers go out to Officer Wilson's family & friends. If I lived there I couldn't protest now but when the trash that did this is caught I would want the death sentence imposed for capital murder& if not then crap would hit the fan.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

No I am not judging I just find it insulting that all the big mouths who were all for Mike Brown have no love for a law abiding citizen here.

True it is somewhat sickening. I try to stay out of the P&R section as I see it has no good use in a Sports or Sports Cards Forum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

HA. Thats the way people are. Nobody cares about good news or posts about good people. Maybe this officer should have been off duty and robbing someone when he was shot, then it would have been horrible news that he was killed. A majority of the people in this country have their priorities way out of order

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Not a profitable story I'm afraid.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes and that goes to show how sad society has become and how the media is a waste
    Not a profitable story I'm afraid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

Yes and that goes to show how sad society has become and how the media is a waste

The exact reason why i tell people to stop posting racial news and other similar stories. All they are doing is promoting something that causes problems between different races and makes our country look bad. There are plenty of people doing good things that we should be promoting, but it doesnt get much attention.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The exact reason why i tell people to stop posting racial news and other similar stories.

who you telling that to, the media? I don't think they are going to listen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast