Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

2011-12 BTP Decades /9 Set Complete - 3 Years in the Making

I think that 2011-12 BTP was the last great BTP set. Unlike the 12-13 & 13-14 releases, I don't think 11-12 felt as though it was rehashing previous years and offered lots of new quality content. It was the 10th anniversary year set and some of the pieces you could pull out of it were extremely good looking and very rare. One of ITG's signature card subsets that year was the quad jersey, probably playing off the success of the 1980 decades set from the year before that featured quad jerseys so prominently. If I remember correctly, in 2011-12, the quad jerseys were the big non-1/1 hits for captains, Canada vs the world and enforcers. Their inclusion in BTP wasn't a surprise, but the quad jerseys were not the big non-1/1 hit as that spotlight was taken by most of the 10th anniversary cards. Still, the BTP quad jersey for that year was called 'Decades' and spanned 8 decades of world class goalies. It was smartly designed with head shots featuring a number of masks and generous jersey colour inclusion. A respectful border and no stupid pun to name the card subset. Whether or not a company has a license for NHL logos, this is about as good a card as you can design and in my opinion was comparable with any licensed brand (I don't remember seeing a well designed quad with logos on the front as the space is taken up by head shots and GU pieces anyways). To top it off, this set is a veritable who's who of goal tending greats (unless you're a leafs fan since bower and Broda aren't here). This was a great set, but unfortunately, extremely difficult to complete. BTP Decades is a 12 card game used subset where half the set is /9 and the other half is /50. An error on the website just after release also mistakenly identified one of the /9 cards as /50. Were it not for that error, this set would have been completed long ago. Feel free to guess which card was the tough one to find.

For now, I present the complete set of 2011-12 BTP Decades, one of only 9 possible sets. Enjoy!

Cheers,
    reoddai

PS: Thank you to all the SCF's who helped me complete this set and provided info on tracking down others. In particular, ravenscreed who traded one of his prized cards to be so that I could complete the set.

D01_1112BTP_Decades_Worters_Gardiner_Hainsworth_Thompson.jpgD02_1112BTP_Decades_Durnan_Rayner_Brimsek_Lumley.jpgD03_1112BTP_Decades_Plante_Hodge_Sawchuk_Hall.jpgD04_1112BTP_Decades_Sawchuck_Hall_Giacomin_Crozier.jpgD05_1112BTP_Decades_Esposito_Meloche_Cheevers_Vachon.jpgD06_1112BTP_Decades_Tretiak_Parent_Myre_Gilbert.jpgD07_1112BTP_Decades_Fuhr_Roy_Vernon_Beaupre.jpgD08_1112BTP_Decades_Smith_Bouchard_Hextall_Brodeur.jpgD09_1112BTP_Decades_Belfour_Roy_Hasek_Richter.jpgD10_1112BTP_Decades_Joseph_Potvin_Irbe_Osgood.jpgD11_1112BTP_Decades_Fleury_WardGiguere_Nabokov.jpgD12_1112_BTP_Decades_Price_Luongo_Miller_Thomas.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Congrats on a superb looking collection!!!
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome stuff Matt!

D
    On