Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand that according to the FBI, in 2013, 76 police officers were killed in the line of duty. That same year, according to OSHA, 4,405 construction workers were killed on the job. I already said being a cop is dangerous sometimes, and I have a respect for it. But those numbers aren't even close, and every year is about the same. I dont ask for more respect, or think im special because my job is dangerous. Its my job, I just go do it. If I thought the risks outweighed the reward, id get a different job. That "im better than you for some reason" attitude is exactly what I was talking about. Go catch bad guys.

you're saying construction workers have the same level of danger as police officers?

SCF Rewards
    Country

you're saying construction workers have the same level of danger as police officers?

Statistically more actually.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And on a daily basis

SCF Rewards
    Country

Statistically more actually.

that is absolutely absurd. How many construction workers are in the workforce compared to police officers?

SCF Rewards
    Country

that is absolutely absurd. How many construction workers are in the workforce compared to police officers?

Alot more obviously. Im just basing it on the risk of death factor. Just because you walk up to a car and think your life might be in danger, doesn't mean it is. These aren't "what if" numbers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alot more obviously. Im just basing it on the risk of death factor. Just because you walk up to a car and think your life might be in danger, doesn't mean it is. These aren't "what if" numbers.

I'm finished discussing with you. Your point of view is beyond ignorant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm finished discussing with you. Your point of view is beyond ignorant.

Its not a point of view. And I do appreciate what you guys do. Already said that. I just think alot of people are cops for the wrong reasons, and being a cop doesn't entitle anyone to act however they want and still be respected. That was all I said. But you had to demand special respect and wanted to argue....in true cop fashion. I hope someday we might be able to discuss more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its not a point of view. And I do appreciate what you guys do. Already said that. I just think alot of people are cops for the wrong reasons, and being a cop doesn't entitle anyone to act however they want and still be respected. That was all I said. But you had to demand special respect and wanted to argue....in true cop fashion. I hope someday we might be able to discuss more.

You have no idea why I am a cop, and what drove me to become one. I don't demand respect from anyone. I don't have a complex because of authority. Honestly, I don't care if you respect me. I don't care if anyone I encounter on a daily basis respects me. I do what I do for my own reasons, and it isn't because I want your respect. I don't command respect from anyone while on duty.

I was stating that the field is a lot more dangerous than you realize, and comparing it to construction work is ridiculous. I don't know anyone that condemns a person for being a construction worker, I dont see construction workers getting randomly killed for being construction workers. I don't even see lousy construction workers make local news for doing awful jobs. Your logic is absurd and you sound ignorant AF.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You have no idea why I am a cop, and what drove me to become one. I don't demand respect from anyone. I don't have a complex because of authority. Honestly, I don't care if you respect me. I don't care if anyone I encounter on a daily basis respects me. I do what I do for my own reasons, and it isn't because I want your respect. I don't command respect from anyone while on duty.

I was stating that the field is a lot more dangerous than you realize, and comparing it to construction work is ridiculous. I don't know anyone that condemns a person for being a construction worker, I dont see construction workers getting randomly killed for being construction workers. I don't even see lousy construction workers make local news for doing awful jobs. Your logic is absurd and you sound ignorant AF.

I give you numbers, you give me insults. People dont like cops because of how a vast majority of them treat people. Im glad youre a good one who doesnt think too much of himself. BTW, "AF" is a pretty obvious one. Who sounds ignorant?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I give you numbers, you give me insults. People dont like cops because of how a vast majority of them treat people. Im glad youre a good one who doesnt think too much of himself. BTW, "AF" is a pretty obvious one. Who sounds ignorant?

Your numbers are skewed. They aren't represented to the population of construction workers to the population of police officers. Lets say there is 100 deaths of construction workers the same year 100 officers are killed. Now there are millions of construction workers, millions, compared to 900,000 police. How is that an accurate representation? Its not, so to answer your question, you sound ignorant.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast