Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Open Carry guy walks around a school with rifle....cops back down!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/w...you-tough-guy/

A random guy was walking around with a rifle near a school campus....

WOW!

It's amazing with all the crazy stories of cops shooting people to death, such as a kid playing with a toy gun, or a guy in walmart walking with a gun he had gotten in the same walmart.....how this guy was able to not only TAUNT the cops but he even got them to BACK DOWN!

Seriously....wow!

Oh and nice to see the cops ask this random guy walking with a RIFLE near a high school if he actually has a permit or not.

Oh and read the story to see how he feels about liberal.....he's obviously not a fan.

He's very clearly NOT a fan of cops either.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Walking NEAR a school with a firearm is not a crime. Furthermore, he LIVES NEAR THE SCHOOL so if he is to exercise his right to open carry then he has no choice but to do it near the school.

From another article that isn't giving partial truths to promote a liberalized agenda...

In Michigan, it is legal to carry either a handgun in a holster or a long gun that is not pointed in a threatening way in public.

So this guy broke no laws. He didn't "force the police to back down" as you put it. They had nothing to back down or not back down over. He was breaking no laws.

With that said, taunting the police and doing something intentionally induce a situation is not how this guy should be conducting himself. He is doing open carry laws and gun rights activist no favors.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Ironic the cops do not shoot somebody with a gun and try to talk to them and yet still whining. I guess it is a now win situation.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Alex must believe they person would have been shot had more melanin in his skin.

Guy is a moron, plain and simple.....

Someone on another forum put it perfectly....

"i'm all about everybody having constitutional rights and all... but there's way
    too many gun and camera owning "street lawyers" who purposely seek attention
    from the police just to rant about what rights they have.
    this video is
    lengthy, but the idiot thinks that because he has the right to open carry, he
    can walk onto public school property with a rifle just because it's a public
    school and he is a tax payer.
    because he wanted to exercise his rights to
    open carry, he had a high school go on lockdown, and he wasted the time of quite
    a few law enforcement officers."

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Here's a silly idea; why not ban guns from school zones? We lower speed limits .... nevermind, silly me, we need more guns in schools, not less.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

nevermind, silly me, we need more guns in schools, not less.

don't this guy live by the school?

he LIVES NEAR THE SCHOOL so if he is to exercise his right to open carry then he has no choice but to do it near the school.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

don't this guy live by the school?

Does that mean he can do the regular speed limit that is 5 blocks away?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, what law was he breaking? Also, how do the cops back down?

How were these officers anything but professional? So what is the actual purpose of your post?

Plain and simple, the guy recording is a jaggoff who has one objective when he open carries, and that is to initiate a response. He had his firearm strapped on his back, obviously, because if he was carry the weapon in his hands, cops would have had him laying on the ground with their guns drawn.

When a kid pulls off an orange tip off a fake look alike, and pulls it out when police are approaching, what do you want them to do? Wait to get shot? You sound a lot like the guy in this video, just plain ignorant.

Tell me, which one of those is the toy gun? If either were being pointed at you from 20-30 feet, what would your reaction be? I know what mine would be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

this guy deserved to be dropped,what a fool

if this guy was doing this around my local school i would of winged him just to be safe

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

this guy deserved to be dropped,what a fool

if this guy was doing this around my local school i would of winged him just to be safe

I am with you. I am a gun enthusiast and fully support both open carry laws and not having a permit for concealed carry, but this guy is antagonizing the situation in an unnecessary manner.

I think part of the problem is that in the video it looks like a public access road goes right by the school. That means that he, or anyone, can open carry right by school buildings. In my area our schools have campuses, even the elementary schools. So open carrying close enough to a school to be a threat requires actually going on school property, which is against state law.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast