Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your numbers are skewed. They aren't represented to the population of construction workers to the population of police officers. Lets say there is 100 deaths of construction workers the same year 100 officers are killed. Now there are millions of construction workers, millions, compared to 900,000 police. How is that an accurate representation? Its not, so to answer your question, you sound ignorant.

Except there werent 100 of each killed. Or yes, that would be true. I know theres more construction workers. I already said that. Glad you didnt need to swear that time though. Sounds less ignorant that way. Back to my original point. Being a police officer doesnt make you better than anyone, and I dont like how some of them treat people. Thats all I want to say about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bryan....can you give me 1 good reason why someone would WANT to open carry?? And don't use the 2nd amendment for once ok...I get it, people do it because its their right,and to me that's the ONLY reason why they do it,for attention.....but give me an honest to goodness reason why someone would want to open carry with the way the world is today crimewise.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I saw a meme yesterday of Justin Bourque split screen with (this guy, or someone similar) walking down the road holding their rifles. The meme asked, "How can you tell the difference?" You can't. Except in Canada it is illegal, so we had the benefit of knowing he was up to no good. Because of Open carry laws your police don't have that benefit.

For those that don't know, Bourque waited to hear the sirens and then went in ambush mode and killed 3 Mounties when they came to investigate.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

that is absolutely absurd. How many construction workers are in the workforce compared to police officers?

I'm finished discussing with you. Your point of view is beyond ignorant.

Your not going to like this...

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund there are over 900,000 police officers in America. LINK

According to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics there are 1,284,600 construction workers. LINK

Using those numbers for an estimation, police deaths happen at a ratio of one for every 11,842 officers, construction worker deaths happen at a ratio of one for every 292 construction workers, making working construction workers 41 times more likely to die on the job than a police officer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bryan....can you give me 1 good reason why someone would WANT to open carry?? And don't use the 2nd amendment for once ok...I get it, people do it because its their right,and to me that's the ONLY reason why they do it,for attention.....but give me an honest to goodness reason why someone would want to open carry with the way the world is today crimewise.

Hawk, no sir I cant. I dont know how many times I need to say that I dont like what this guy did. Some people will say that open carry is a deterrent to crime (especially with how the wotld is crimewise) as a potential bad guy might see it and not want to risk getting shot. Thats the argument I hear. I dont agree. I feel that having a visible weapon would make any potential psycho see you as a primary threat, and you would probably be targeted first.
    Im not a fan of making people afraid for no reason either. I do wish people weren't so terrified of guns, but I dont support forcing those people to be around them. Amendments are important Hawk, I cant and wont argue with our constitution.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can.

Reason 1: In a poll of convicted felons, 57% said that knowing their potential victim was armed would have changed if they committed their crime. Open carry removes all doubt that a potential victim is armed.

Reason 2: In addition, I am a large man with large hands. I own two handguns, a Springfield Armory XD-40 and a Beretta Nano 9mm. The XD-40 is a larger gun than the Nano, both in size and in caliber, and it also allows me to carry 14 rounds of ammunition without needing to carry extra magazines while the Nano has just 6 shots making it necessary to carry extra magazines if I want more than 6 rounds. However, carrying the XD-40 in a "concealed" manner is pointless. As I said, it is a bigger gun, so tucking it under my shirt is just plain stupid (and stupid looking) and every time I do so I end up with store security eyeballing me because they think I am shoplifting.. In addition, because of it's size it is rather difficult to even carry it in a concealed manner. So when I carry it, I open carry it, both for comfort and for practicality.

FYI, the Nano is the perfect concealed carry gun (It was designed for that purpose) but is entirely too small for me. I actually bought it for my wife, but she prefers a smaller caliber, so it remains mine.

Reason 3: Law enforcement are simply citizens hired to protect the community. They open carry. Do you have an issue with them doing it to? Or are you naďve enough to think that a uniform and badge makes them special and incapable of mishandling a firearm in public?

Now, can you provide me with a legitimate reason why someone should not utilize their right to open carry if "because they can" isn't enough.
    Last edited by duane1969; 03-24-2015 at 09:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw a meme yesterday of Justin Bourque split screen with (this guy, or someone similar) walking down the road holding their rifles. The meme asked, "How can you tell the difference?" You can't. Except in Canada it is illegal, so we had the benefit of knowing he was up to no good. Because of Open carry laws your police don't have that benefit.

For those that don't know, Bourque waited to hear the sirens and then went in ambush mode and killed 3 Mounties when they came to investigate.

And hes a psycho. How many Canadian citizens with hunting rifles DIDN'T do that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

If more responsible, respectful, non-confrontational, law abiding American citizens openly carried their firearms (in a responsible manner), people would start to be less afraid. I think 4 squad cars blocking a street and causing a huge scene over no crime being committed, only adds to the anti-gun hysteria when seen by the general public.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

And hes a psycho. How many Canadian citizens with hunting rifles DIDN'T do that?

The point was; when a citizen sees another Canadian walking though a suburb with a visible firearm, we know he's up to no good. We don't have to be complacent and think it's just idiot Joe out for a walk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The point was; when a citizen sees another Canadian walking though a suburb with a visible firearm, we know he's up to no good. We don't have to be complacent and think it's just idiot Joe out for a walk.

Because its illegal there. Its not here, so yes, people need to be complacent and think its just idiot joe out for a walk....until he becomes threatening, or breaks one of our laws.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast