Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

That would be terrible. Youre right. I dont see the connection but ok. I have clearly stated (more than once now) that I dont agree with how this guy handled himself in the situation. I also dont like how the cops handled it. Respect is earned. I was raised by a police officer and they are not all men/women who deserve respect, just like the rest of us. The fact that they passed a written exam and can do x amount of sit ups in a minute does not (to me anyway) automatically warrant respect. Obedience to the extent that you have to, yes...but these cops could have not treated him like a criminal first, then maybe they would have been shown respect in return (SEE OTHER VIDEO I POSTED). Im sorry if you dont like it, but the constitution guarantees us certain rights. One of them is freedom to travel unmolested. That means....pay attention. ...If you are not committing a crime, the police can NOT legally detain (stop) you. PLEASE read at least a little of this stuff. Its important. You live here!!!!!

IMO, this is what is wrong with society nowadays. Respect should be given until someone does something to lose it. Not the other way around. I don't see respect as much different than kindness.

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO, this is what is wrong with society nowadays. Respect should be given until someone does something to lose it. Not the other way around. I don't see respect as much different than kindness.

Both parties should have been more respectful to eachother. Im just saying you cant be disrespectful to someone and expect them to respect you. Its a two way street. To me, respect and kindness are not the same. Im kind to plenty of people I dont respect. Ill say it again...BOTH parties should have acted differently. Had everyone been polite and respectful, the situation would have been solved in seconds and no one would be all upset.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That would be terrible. Youre right. I dont see the connection but ok. I have clearly stated (more than once now) that I dont agree with how this guy handled himself in the situation. I also dont like how the cops handled it. Respect is earned. I was raised by a police officer and they are not all men/women who deserve respect, just like the rest of us. The fact that they passed a written exam and can do x amount of sit ups in a minute does not (to me anyway) automatically warrant respect. Obedience to the extent that you have to, yes...but these cops could have not treated him like a criminal first, then maybe they would have been shown respect in return (SEE OTHER VIDEO I POSTED). Im sorry if you dont like it, but the constitution guarantees us certain rights. One of them is freedom to travel unmolested. That means....pay attention. ...If you are not committing a crime, the police can NOT legally detain (stop) you. PLEASE read at least a little of this stuff. Its important. You live here!!!!!

How did the cops disrespect the guy? If the police are called to investigate an area for a guy walking around with a rifle, they are going to follow around the guy carrying around a rifle. That is their job. That warrants the guy going up to the police and mouthing off?

Also, they didn't detain him, he was free to leave, and he did leave when he was good and ready. By ready, I meant, that he mouthed off like he wanted, sounded like an idiot, and left. He didn't have the correct information, so he sounded like a bafoon.

As far as police deserving respect, we deserve it. Let me know the next time you decide to go into a situation almost blind and have your life put on the line every second of your job. Don't give me that BS that they chose the career either. We choose to put the uniform on, we choose to put our lives on the line to hopefully save others and strengthen a community. In my eyes, that deserves respect, especially when you have pricks like this guy carrying around a gun for attention. If he was carrying the gun around for any other reason, he wouldn't have a camera at the ready. He did it to post to youtube, and probably hoping he would get a lawsuit.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Both parties should have been more respectful to eachother. Im just saying you cant be disrespectful to someone and expect them to respect you. Its a two way street. To me, respect and kindness are not the same. Im kind to plenty of people I dont respect. Ill say it again...BOTH parties should have acted differently. Had everyone been polite and respectful, the situation would have been solved in seconds and no one would be all upset.

The fact that you are kind to some people you do not respect doesn't mean the two are not similar. I never claimed they were the same. I said similar. Similar, in that, you should start all interactions with both as your default.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The fact that you are kind to some people you do not respect doesn't mean the two are not similar. I never claimed they were the same. I said similar. Similar, in that, you should start all interactions with both as your default.

Agreed

SCF Rewards
    Country

How did the cops disrespect the guy? If the police are called to investigate an area for a guy walking around with a rifle, they are going to follow around the guy carrying around a rifle. That is their job. That warrants the guy going up to the police and mouthing off?

Also, they didn't detain him, he was free to leave, and he did leave when he was good and ready. By ready, I meant, that he mouthed off like he wanted, sounded like an idiot, and left. He didn't have the correct information, so he sounded like a bafoon.

As far as police deserving respect, we deserve it. Let me know the next time you decide to go into a situation almost blind and have your life put on the line every second of your job. Don't give me that BS that they chose the career either. We choose to put the uniform on, we choose to put our lives on the line to hopefully save others and strengthen a community. In my eyes, that deserves respect, especially when you have pricks like this guy carrying around a gun for attention. If he was carrying the gun around for any other reason, he wouldn't have a camera at the ready. He did it to post to youtube, and probably hoping he would get a lawsuit.

He is an idiot. I never claimed otherwise. But no, a badge and uniform doesnt get you respect. It gives you authority, which should be respected. But its how you use that authority that determines the amount of respect you deserve (as a person). Thats the problem with alot of cops I see, the "im a cop, RESPECT me!" attitude. Your a man first. And please dont think I dont respect what you guys do and deal with...like I said I was raised by a cop. But I also know that most cops never fire their weapon in their whole career. I would not say your life is on the line every second. Again, not downplaying the job. not that it isnt dangerous sometimes, but lets be realistic. I dont agree with what this idiot did. But I dont have to, he has that right even if hes a jerk about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He is an idiot. I never claimed otherwise. But no, a badge and uniform doesnt get you respect. It gives you authority, which should be respected. But its how you use that authority that determines the amount of respect you deserve (as a person). Thats the problem with alot of cops I see, the "im a cop, RESPECT me!" attitude. Your a man first. And please dont think I dont respect what you guys do and deal with...like I said I was raised by a cop. But I also know that most cops never fire their weapon in their whole career. I would not say your life is on the line every second. Again, not downplaying the job. not that it isnt dangerous sometimes, but lets be realistic. I dont agree with what this idiot did. But I dont have to, he has that right even if hes a jerk about it.

Do you know what the deadliest part of an officers job is? Like what their deadliest duty is?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you know what the deadliest part of an officers job is? Like what their deadliest duty is?

I would assume patrol/driving, but something tells me im wrong

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would assume patrol/driving, but something tells me im wrong

traffic stops. you're walking up to an unknown person, and have no idea whats going to happen, while having to watch your surroundings so youdon't get hit by a car. Officers lives are in danger more than you think, and having been raised by a police officer, you really have a poor understanding of that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

traffic stops. you're walking up to an unknown person, and have no idea whats going to happen, while having to watch your surroundings so youdon't get hit by a car. Officers lives are in danger more than you think, and having been raised by a police officer, you really have a poor understanding of that.

I understand that according to the FBI, in 2013, 76 police officers were killed in the line of duty. That same year, according to OSHA, 4,405 construction workers were killed on the job. I already said being a cop is dangerous sometimes, and I have a respect for it. But those numbers aren't even close, and every year is about the same. I dont ask for more respect, or think im special because my job is dangerous. Its my job, I just go do it. If I thought the risks outweighed the reward, id get a different job. That "im better than you for some reason" attitude is exactly what I was talking about. Go catch bad guys.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast