Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Does it smell authentic?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

#1 – COLLECT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY

How do I collect dates with Alyssa Milano???

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm new to collecting so all that info up top pretty much answered the HOW, next is the WHAT; what is a PRINT RUN on the checklist?

Thanks!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How do I collect dates with Alyssa Milano???

Now that's a real 1/1.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

#1 – COLLECT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
    The best part about collecting Upper Deck Hockey cards is that there are so many different ways to do it. Hockey fans collect sets, teams, players, rookies, autograph cards, memorabilia cards and so much more. Find what makes you happy and enjoy the hobby for the fun experience it provides getting you more involved in the game and the players you cheer for.

100% agree. It is such a simple concept but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people screw this one up. If it isn't fun you shouldn't be doing it. Too many people take the fun out of it or they do it the "wrong way". You are free to collect and do whatever you want. Don't listen to others if their suggestions don't make you happy. You have to live with it every day of your life while they don't. Collect anything because you love it and enjoy doing it. When it becomes a chore or you aren't happy doing it you might either want to rethink how you are collecting or just get out of it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

100% agree. It is such a simple concept but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people screw this one up. If it isn't fun you shouldn't be doing it. Too many people take the fun out of it or they do it the "wrong way". You are free to collect and do whatever you want. Don't listen to others if their suggestions don't make you happy. You have to live with it every day of your life while they don't. Collect anything because you love it and enjoy doing it. When it becomes a chore or you aren't happy doing it you might either want to rethink how you are collecting or just get out of it.

Ok, I understand the concept now. If it's not going to make me happy then don't do it. That's why I AM doing this though! I want to start something new, something interesting that falls into my daily routine(watching NHL news, stats, updates etc.). With that being said and myself being a Devils fan... How would I even begin to collect their cards? Do I start with the earliest cards that came out(which have got to be pretty pricey by now) or do I start collecting from the year I started watching(2011)? I think I'm really going to enjoy this fellas(and ladies!)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's a great question - a lot of people (myself included) these days will pick out a handful of players from their favourite team and try to focus on their cards. With so many releases and so many cards in each release, it's impossible to go after everything of everybody. So the first question is: who are your favourite players, past or present, to play for the Devils? If you really like the legends of the team like Marty, Daneyko, etc. there's for sure a lot of options out there. For the current roster, because so many of the players are new to the team or got their career starts elsewhere, you may not see too much of them pictured as Devils players--for example, if you like Schneider, all of his rookies are going to show him with the Canucks. For some collectors that's a bit of a turn-off, but if you really like the player it doesn't matter quite as much.

There's absolutely no right or wrong way to collect hockey cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

First of all, you have to figure out how you are going to limit what you collect. It is not possible anymore to say, "I am going to collect one of every card of xxx...." With the over-abundance of 1-of-1s, it is nearly impossible to ever even SEE every one, much less be able to buy/afford it. Even if you are a Hilton or Rockefeller and can win any EBay auction you see, the mere chance that would see every 1/1 is too small to even compute. Unless you want to follow some scrub who never gets any GU cards made and there is no chance of a 1/1, you really don't have a chance to do it. Even then, there might be a printing plate somewhere you'll never find.

You have to set limits to the "possible". Last year, I decided I would start collecting OAK/CAL Seals cards. They have not been around for years, and there was no GU/auto stuff back then. I figured it would be easy. I started and got through all the regular Topps/OPC stuff. Then I found Shirriff coins, and wouldn't you know it? The three hardest SPs are all Seals and cost several hundred dollars a piece! Then ITG started creating GU and autos of them, so there is rare stuff, even though the team hasn't played in nearly 40 years.

One thing I have done recently is started to put together team sets of UD Exclusives cards. 1/100, so the stuff is a little rare and will never become worthless. Its a challenge to get every one every year, but not impossible. Or you can pick one particular set you like each year, and say I want to collect every one of my team/player from that one set. With the plethora of different sets/subsets/etc., setting limits is the key because what is the fun of never completing anything you start?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, I understand the concept now. If it's not going to make me happy then don't do it. That's why I AM doing this though! I want to start something new, something interesting that falls into my daily routine(watching NHL news, stats, updates etc.). With that being said and myself being a Devils fan... How would I even begin to collect their cards? Do I start with the earliest cards that came out(which have got to be pretty pricey by now) or do I start collecting from the year I started watching(2011)? I think I'm really going to enjoy this fellas(and ladies!)

Tough to say since you really can't collect every card of the Devils. A suggestion might be to try and get an autograph of every guy who ever played on the Devils in a Devils uniform. It can be from any year or set etc. If that is too expensive of a challenge you could always go with game used of every guy who ever played for the Devils. That should give you a good mix of past and present players and will keep you searching for new ones every year. Or if those suggestions don't sound good a variation on that.

A good tip might be to check out the section where others show of their collections and maybe take an idea or two from them. That way you can see how hard or easy it was for them and how much time and money they needed to put into it before you attempt to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alright, I can give it a gander... Are there any "rookie/novice collection forums"? If so, should you point me in the direction to see WTH I'm doing here lol. Thanks everyone��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast