Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! I need somebody!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok! Ok! Now we're getting somewhere! Ok so I just bought a box like I mentioned, it was my first ever box... What next? Should I buy like one or two more of the same box to give my "collection" some meat and then start figuring out what I want to go for? I appreciate all these tips fellas!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Ok! Ok! Now we're getting somewhere! Ok so I just bought a box like I mentioned, it was my first ever box... What next? Should I buy like one or two more of the same box to give my "collection" some meat and then start figuring out what I want to go for? I appreciate all these tips fellas!

If you liked what you got, then sure, grab a couple more boxes of that. If you wanna spice it up; grab a couple different ones. I'm not sure your budget, but if you really don't know what to get, I would suggest 13/14 Panini Rookie Anthology. It is a fair price, and it has a LOT of different things you can get in it.... like a very very wild assortment of cards from different sets. You can open one, see what you liked best, and then you can focus on that set, or try another new box. I personally have no opened much of 13/14 Rookie Anthology, but I work for a card store, and that is always something I tell new collectors who are unsure of what to get to try. It's just a lot of fun.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

One thing that I can offer as advice is stay within your means. If you want to collect a player or team, there is a number of ways to do it. If you like ripping boxes, find stuff that has good value that you can afford! I have been ripping 12-13 Classics like California's go through water (ok, crude analogy), Kyle is spot on with 13-14 RA.

Also, look at the products, for example Upper Deck S1 and S2 offer a hobby and retail version, there is a price difference between the two. If you are looking for rookies and don't care about Game Used, that might be a way of getting stuff at a lower price.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Set yourself up a budget as to what you're willing to spend and stay within the limits of that budget. Like a lot of people have already said if looking for particular players autos / GU / patches / RC's, check out ebay, COMC, Here, and other sites to gauge the going rate for a players cards. Also check out your LCS if you have a few around check them out and see what's popular and see what catches your eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12