Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do YOU judge???

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Do YOU judge???

Bible Verses About Judging Others

Bible verses related to Judging Others from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Matthew 7:1-5 - Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Read More...)

Luke 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

James 4:11-12 - Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. (Read More...)

James 4:12 - There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Romans 2:1-3 - Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. (Read More...)

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Romans 14:1-13 - Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, [but] not to doubtful disputations. (Read More...)

Matthew 7:5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:1-2 - Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Read More...)

John 8:7 - So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Matthew 7:1 - Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Jay's comments on Bill Clinton got me thinking. Here are a couple questions.

1. What do Christians interpret "judging" in these passages to mean?

2. How does Jesus's teachings relate to "judging", are all these above His teachings put to words?

3. How does most Judicial systems around the world figure into these passages? Clearly a jury is judging?
    Last edited by habsheaven; 03-26-2015 at 09:33 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Valid discussion.

I am not a Christian, so I don't necessarily speak for all, but from my upbringing in the Christian church I can attest that most of them would respond to this with several scriptures that instruct Christians to abide by man's law.

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ... Romans 13:1-7

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work. Titus 3:1

So in essence, man's law dictates that we judge based on the law's set forth by the judicial system. To refuse to do so would be contradictory to the teachings of the Bible.
    Last edited by duane1969; 03-26-2015 at 08:43 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Yes I do judge and I judge nobody harder than I do myself.
    I like people to stand behind their words. Take responsibility for what you say and do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I wasn't going to respond to your posts, but could not help myself.

Everyone judges, whether a chili cook off or the clothes your teen is wearing.

you are referring to religious judging, which means judging the relationship of a human to their God.

such as, you are a sinner. (remember casting the first stone? Did Jesus say she did not sin or that we all are sinners and cannot judge her relationship with her God?)
    you will burn in hell. (this is the best example and something many religious people do)

remember as humans we give caesar what is caesars. meaning that our earthly ties is our human nature and we should act upon it.

I also find it funny that you would be concerned with anyones religious practices, as you think religion is false.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Valid discussion.

I am not a Christian, so I don't necessarily speak for all, but from my upbringing in the Christian church I can attest that most of them would respond to this with several scriptures that instruct Christians to abide by man's law.

So in essence, man's law dictates that we judge based on the law's set forth by the judicial system. To refuse to do so would be contradictory to the teachings of the Bible.

That seems to address the judicial system of judgement quite well. What about making personal judgements of other people?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about making personal judgements of other people?

it is called being human and using logic to figure out who you do not want to be around you and your loved ones and who you want to be their role models.

would you hire a convicted rapist and murderer to work on your house while your family is home and you are not?
    why not?

much like I would not want known liars and cheaters to lead my country.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I wasn't going to respond to your posts, but could not help myself.

Everyone judges, whether a chili cook off or the clothes your teen is wearing.

you are referring to religious judging, which means judging the relationship of a human to their God.

such as, you are a sinner. (remember casting the first stone? Did Jesus say she did not sin or that we all are sinners and cannot judge her relationship with her God?)
    you will burn in hell. (this is the best example and something many religious people do)

remember as humans we give caesar what is caesars. meaning that our earthly ties is our human nature and we should act upon it.

I also find it funny that you would be concerned with anyones religious practices, as you think religion is false.

I read an article the other day basically arguing that it is impossible NOT to judge. His premise was that judging is necessary in society and therefore the passages should be ignored. He never made the distinction that "judging" relates to relationships with God. Maybe that is the key.

Maybe that is the reason you claimed you were not "judging" Clinton, when you obviously were in laymen's terms.

I'm not sure why you would find it "funny". I think it's perfectly normal. I am trying to learn. I am always trying to learn. My curiosity is not in the subject matter, it is in the human reaction to it. I saw it as a contradiction in what the Bible says and how Christians act. Now, just two posts later, I have some clarity on it.

Also, it is hard to call religion false when it clearly exists. If I said such a thing I will clarify now. I contend that most of the CLAIMS found in religion are false.

Now you can go back to ignoring my posts. :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That seems to address the judicial system of judgement quite well. What about making personal judgements of other people?

I think it is human nature to judge in some manner, no matter who you are. In the end, if someone of religious beliefs judges and feels they have sinned in their judgment then there remains the option to pray and ask forgiveness. I don't think anyone of religious beliefs considers themselves infallible if they are honest with themselves. The key is to admit your flaws, repent and then strive to not repeat your errors.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now you can go back to ignoring my posts. :)

I would, but you much like when I try to ignore my wife when she upsets me, I just cannot ignore someone I love so much!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe if you are so sensitive about others judging you that you should consider changing your behavior.

You sure get wrapped up that book that you do not believe.

Bible Verses About Judging Others

Bible verses related to Judging Others from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Matthew 7:1-5 - Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Read More...)

Luke 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

James 4:11-12 - Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. (Read More...)

James 4:12 - There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Romans 2:1-3 - Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. (Read More...)

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Romans 14:1-13 - Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, [but] not to doubtful disputations. (Read More...)

Matthew 7:5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:1-2 - Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Read More...)

John 8:7 - So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Matthew 7:1 - Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:31 - And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Jay's comments on Bill Clinton got me thinking. Here are a couple questions.

1. What do Christians interpret "judging" in these passages to mean?

2. How does Jesus's teachings relate to "judging", are all these above His teachings put to words?

3. How does most Judicial systems around the world figure into these passages? Clearly a jury is judging?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast