Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do YOU judge???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I also find it funny that you would be concerned with anyones religious practices, as you think religion is false.

My guess is that he's concerned because there are quite a few people who want to use their religious practices to rule us all? That's really the only reason why I'm concerned with religion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Maybe if you are so sensitive about others judging you that you should consider changing your behavior.

You sure get wrapped up that book that you do not believe.

I'm not sure that it's that easy. Some people get judged because of their negative actions. They control that and can change or could have made better decisions. Other people get judged based off of the judging person's lack of knowledge. Some things that people get judged for are things they can't change.

As of the overall topic it's pretty much human nature to judge. Sometimes judging helps you though life. Other times it has negative effects on people or groups of people. It's kind of hard to give an opinion with out having specific scenarios.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Maybe if you are so sensitive about others judging you that you should consider changing your behavior.

You sure get wrapped up that book that you do not believe.

Where did you get the impression that I care what others think of me? Obviously you haven't been paying attention to my posts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I learned a lot during my Christian years and one reason why I began to slip away was due to the massive hypocrisy I saw.

I sat through many Sunday sermons with the pastor preaching how vile homosexuality is and how non-believers were arrogant and foolish.

Looking back at it, I don't know how I never walked out.

There's a good reason why young people want nothing to do with Christianity, and why people in general are finally seeing religion for what it really is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

and why people in general are finally seeing religion for what it really is.

the truth?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    See timber-9's Items on eBay

This is slightly off-topic but I feel like it is noteworthy.

I read about this test in one of the Malcolm Gladwell books (Blink I believe), anyway, the stats behind it are fascinating. Feel free to go in and take one of the tests on your own (skin tone was the topic of that article and the one that I have taken a couple of times). Personal results may vary but will likely surprise you.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

I don't think anyone gets away from prejudices, pre-judging to be more specific. It is ingrained in the mind as a survival mechanism, unfortunately it does have some fairly uncomfortable side effects from time to time, regardless of how accepting one claims to be.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Thanks for posting that link. I came out with what I expected: moderate automatic preference for light skin.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I learned a lot during my Christian years and one reason why I began to slip away was due to the massive hypocrisy I saw.

I sat through many Sunday sermons with the pastor preaching how vile homosexuality is and how non-believers were arrogant and foolish.

Looking back at it, I don't know how I never walked out.

There's a good reason why young people want nothing to do with Christianity, and why people in general are finally seeing religion for what it really is.

So Christianity is the only religion with hipocrasy? I hope you can answer honestly.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

So Christianity is the only religion with hipocrasy? I hope you can answer honestly.

From all of Alex's posts I assume he will answer with "all religions are full of hypocrisy". His comment was limited to Christianity because it is the religion that applies to him. That's normal isn't it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Yes usually but if you read ALL of Alex's posts and it is hard not too he does make you think,you never see ANY OTHER RELIGION questioned. Of course maybe I kissed one comment out of thousands but I doubt it
    From all of Alex's posts I assume he will answer with "all religions are full of hypocrisy". His comment was limited to Christianity because it is the religion that applies to him. That's normal isn't it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast