Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

i'm a 100% free market guy,if you dont want to bake a cake for this or that reason,so be it,lets let the free market decide how long you will be in business

I wonder how your concept works in reality?

I grew up in a community of about 5,000 people with very few minorities of any race or religion. Can only recall 1 Black family and 1 Asian kid (adopted) The community had 1 gas station for the longest time (it now has 2). There were 2 convenience stores (3 now) The community has grown to approx. 10,000 today with approx. 100 visible minorities and a handful of openly gay people. The community is situated 1/2 way between the major metropolis and the "valley". Summers would have many tourists passing through on their way to the valley for a day trip, weekend of camping or vacation.

How would your "100% free market" work if the families owning the garage/convenience store were racist or religious (to the point of homophobic)? Think they would ever go out of business? Now tell me how many "communities like this" exist in your country today?

Yet you see no problem with a letting a business decide who they serve or don't.

I wish I could say, "I'm shocked", but I'm not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

C'mon man, how is attacking a sports team the same as attacking you directly?

And for the record, I didn't mean what I said, I've been to Chicago and I liked it, I LOVE Chicago Deep Dish, and I think the city is a fun place to go see and do stuff, I even went to a Bulls game when I was there, had a blast, I respect Jordan a lot.

...and as for the Cubs and Bears, I'm neutral on both.....I only said what I said to try to make a point.

Do you know I'm a Heat fan?

Do you know what it was like to be a Heat fan in the last 4 years with Lebron?

We were easily the most Hated team in America....EASILY.

And yet, I never took it personally.

People hated the team, they talked trash, but that's just how it is.....but were they insulting me directly?

And BTW, they also insulted the fans to a very visceral level....and you know what....some of what they said was TRUE.

There was indeed a LOT of bandwagon fans and fair weather fans....as a realist I couldn't deny that.

I know I know. I only said that cause them's fightin words where im from! ;) you know im a cub fan, so by default you know my skin is a little thicker than that. Everyone loves (real) deep dish....except New Yorkers but only because they wont admit it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

i'm a 100% free market guy,if you dont want to bake a cake for this or that reason,so be it,lets let the free market decide how long you will be in business

I get wanting free market to decide how long a person has their business going, but it just doesn't work in this case. Everyone wants to jump to the "same sex wedding cake in a major metropolitan city" scenario but it goes way deeper than that. The bigger issues are the potential for services that aren't abundantly offered being refused buy companies that just feel like not offering them. Think of things that are necessities. Things that someone could be refused that they need in everyday life. food, power, heat, loans, shelter, and so on.

FYI, the citizens of Indiana as well as companies that do business in the state are being very vocal about fixing this bill. The Indy star ran their full front page voicing their opinion that this bill needs to be fixed. Hopefully this pressure will cause the bill to be rewritten. Sadly the damage has been done and even with a rewrite of the bill we are a punchline and will continue to be for some time. Even still, hopefully our law makers will take the steps to fix the bill.

Hopefully one good thing that will come out of this will be Indiana's renewed interest in state politics and we will see more people hitting the polls to vote. I think some of these politicians that supported or wrote the bill may have a hard time retaining their seats in 2016.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Please dont lump all atheists into the SMALL group that hates on and attacks you christians here. And yes Shrew, very very well said. I believe that with all the hate you carry in your heart sanfran, (it is hate, calling it belief doeant make it not hate sorry), you might have some serious explaining to do when you meet jesus.

There is no hate. You don't know me. It's called I shouldn't be forced to do something I disagree with. Are you purposefully being obtuse? to quote a famous movie. Does this kind of stuff go over your head? I never said do not serve them, I said i would not make an item I find objectionable. Same goes for a KKK rally cake, or a kill whitey cake ect ect. If it is something I morally object to, I would rather not do it. It's not that hard of a concept...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

First off let me say that was not an attack on sanfran.
    I was just expressing myself.
    sanfrans beliefs are his to have and I cannot say they are wrong for him, but they are wrong for me.

as a Christian I seem to offend other christians for their beliefs. my biggest issue is they always will point to a Bible passage and I for one do not consider the Bible as a work of God, but rather what those people who put it together wanted us to think was Gods ways.

The church in those times was ruled by the Romans (not technically, but realistically) and what was put in and left out was what they deemed as important to keeping their power and influencing our beliefs about God, God's ways, and God's intention.

The Bible is the work of God. It even says so directly in it. To believe otherwise would show that your whole basis is wrong....
    2 tim 3:16
    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

The Bible is the work of God. It even says so directly in it. To believe otherwise would show that your whole basis is wrong....
    2 tim 3:16
    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Let me get this straight. Because the Bible has written in it that it is the work of God, that makes it the work of God, even though EVERYONE knows men wrote every word in it?

If any book started out with. "This is the work of God" would that make it so?

How can you not see how illogical that is?

And we wonder why Christian's don't laugh with us when they hear Ken Hamm tell Bill Nye "It's in the book". SMH
    Last edited by habsheaven; 03-31-2015 at 10:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

Let me get this straight. Because the Bible has written in it that it is the work of God, that makes it the work of God, even though EVERYONE knows men wrote every word in it?

If any book started out with. "This is the work of God" would that make it so?

How can you not see how illogical that is?

You don't have to believe it, that's your choice. But you can't say you were not told.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

You don't have to believe it, that's your choice. But you can't say you were not told.

It has nothing to do with believing it. It has to do with you are offering, the fact it is written in the book, as some sort of proof for your assertion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

It has nothing to do with believing it. It has to do with you are offering, the fact it is written in the book, as some sort of proof for your assertion.

Read the book, look at whats happening in the world. You can tell me that people thousands of years ago guessed and were right. The Bible hasn't made a mistake. Man translating possibly, but the original texts are inerrant. That's a pretty good record.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Read the book, look at whats happening in the world. You can tell me that people thousands of years ago guessed and were right. The Bible hasn't made a mistake. Man translating possibly, but the original texts are inerrant. That's a pretty good record.

I read the book. Have yet to see a human survive in the belly of a whale. Have yet to see a grandfather sit down to supper with his 11th generation grandson. Have yet to see anyone walking on water, changing water to wine, splitting seas. I have heard of many young girls claim they are virgins as their bellies grow though. Does that count? Name a couple of these "correct" predictions.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast