Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Clearly most here oppose a Christian business having the right to refuse service to a gay couple. I wonder...

Would you oppose a Jewish cake maker refusing to make this cake? Do you think the Jewish cake maker should be forced to provide the service of making this cake?

Should a black cake maker be forced to make this cake?

Should the family of someone killed on 9/11 be forced to make this cake?

I wonder if you would support a gay cake maker being forced to make a cake with this image on it?

At what point does it become OK for a person's personal feelings and/or beliefs to be squashed for someone else to get what they want?

Most of those are universally recognized symbols of hate and therefore the gay jewish black baker could refuse them. maybe not the marriage = man + woman one. but you get points for absurd creativity.
    To answer this directly:
    At what point does it become OK for a person's personal feelings and/or beliefs to be squashed for someone else to get what they want?

When your personal hatred denies peoples rights to things they are otherwise entitled to. Someone else's rights trumps your right to hate. Right then. That's when.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

By the way if anyone cares, the governor is already walking back this law because of the backlash.
    SO ATTENTION EVERYONE DEFENDING THIS LAW: The man behind it is already promising to change it because he realizes how flawed it is. So, you know, great law and way to stick to your principles and all that...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/01/us...-act.html?_r=0

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's not beliefs becoming law. It's right of refusal in your personal business. It's not right to force someone do something they morally do not support. You are way off base on this issue like the others. It is the right to refuse a contract, not refusing to do business with someone. There is a difference. It's the item in question, not the person. Do people relly not undersatnd the difference? Does anyone on here actually have anything to do with business?

If youre going to own/run a business, you know going into the laws that apply. One of those happens to be anti-discriminatory. Im ok with you running your business the way you want to, as long as you are ok with the legal consequences of it. Wanna discriminate? Get sued. Your belief has NOTHING to do with the law.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

It's not right to force someone do something they morally do not support.

personal morals should not play a role in business, otherwise we are back to segregation.
    you have no business running a business if you cannot separate your personal life from your business.

to use religion as a scapegoat for personal discrimination is just flat out wrong. you thinking Jesus would be ok with it, is just mind boggling.

also, you bring up text that existed before the Bible to prove the Bible is as baffling as it gets. I never said Jesus was not the mesiah I said the Bible was not written by Him and the information in the Bible was the result of a voting system by men in power, wanting to keep power and who were under the control of the romans.

and show me a Jesus quote were he says it is ok to discriminate based on sexuality.

But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I don't think it's that unrealistic to think that a gay baker probably wouldn't turn down straight wedding cake orders.

That's not the context I was speaking.... Of course they may not, but can they if they don't like the man + woman= marriage?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

If youre going to own/run a business, you know going into the laws that apply. One of those happens to be anti-discriminatory. Im ok with you running your business the way you want to, as long as you are ok with the legal consequences of it. Wanna discriminate? Get sued. Your belief has NOTHING to do with the law.

Turning down a job is not discriminatory. Turning away a person can be. Get the difference? Ever been in business?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

turning down a job because you think the client is a sinner is not only discrimination, it is unethical, and goes against the teachings of Jesus.

you are not turning the job down because you cannot get it done, or because it is not profitable, you are turning it down based on the persons personal beliefs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

personal morals should not play a role in business, otherwise we are back to segregation.
    you have no business running a business if you cannot separate your personal life from your business.

to use religion as a scapegoat for personal discrimination is just flat out wrong. you thinking Jesus would be ok with it, is just mind boggling.

also, you bring up text that existed before the Bible to prove the Bible is as baffling as it gets. I never said Jesus was not the mesiah I said the Bible was not written by Him and the information in the Bible was the result of a voting system by men in power, wanting to keep power and who were under the control of the romans.

and show me a Jesus quote were he says it is ok to discriminate based on sexuality.

Yes, they do all the time. Go to a minor league baseball game and try to get the word Homo on the back of your jersey. Should they allow that? An example that happened to me. I asked some disneyworld princesses to do the OHIO with my niece and I. They didn't want to do it as it made them uncomfortable. Should I sue?
    Segregation is no where near this issue. It's sad that you think it is. People that equate being black to being gay are insane. Not even close.
    Again, do you now the difference between a job and the person? They are not the same and you keep missing that point.
    You are way off on the Bible. I'll let you seek out the truth as what you think is not sound. Why call yourself a Christian if you don't believe the Bible to be the Word of God?
    Religion as a scapegoat? Maybe you should read more of said Bible and what Jesus says on accountability and your call to stand up for Him.
    Just because you have no problem watering down the truth, doesn't make it right.....I'm done with this conversation. Good luck in your future, may your find truth in your studies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

turning down a job because you think the client is a sinner is not only discrimination, it is unethical, and goes against the teachings of Jesus.

you are not turning the job down because you cannot get it done, or because it is not profitable, you are turning it down based on the persons personal beliefs.

You keep missing it. So you are ok with anything goes whether your agree with it or morally oppose it? It has nothing to do with the person being a sinner, we all are. It has to do with them asking me to put my work into something I find wrong. I wouldn't produce something with the N word, or something that speakes to vilence, or adultery, or off color humor. It's no different.Again, you should be able to turn down any job that you want. That doesn't mean turning down a person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Turning down a job is not discriminatory. Turning away a person can be. Get the difference? Ever been in business?

Turning down all jobs/cakes would be ok. Its when you pick and choose which ones to take/make based on your personal opinion is when it becomes discriminatory. Saying "i dont do cakes"...not discriminatory. Saying "i wont do YOUR kind's cakes"...is discriminatory. Get the difference?

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast