Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Indiana Gov signs religious freedom bill......

.....or as some of our members here would call it "Anti-Gay" bill.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politi...hts/index.html

While I believe it is a stupid law I also believe in people to practice their religion.

I know that I would not patronize an establishment that has actually refused service to gay people.

This will hurt Indiana in tax revenue and I'm sure you will see a "change of heart" because of this,

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Correct me if I am wrong, but I know of no religion that says it is wrong to SERVE homosexuals. It all comes down to "interpreting and expanding" scriptures to fit your own moral code.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ous-objections

INDIANAPOLIS -- NCAA president Mark Emmert says the association is concerned about an Indiana law that could allow businesses to discriminate against gay people.

Emmert says the NCAA is watching to see if it could affect student-athletes and employees. The NCAA is located in Indianapolis and the men's basketball tournament's Final Four will be held there next week.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Thursday signed into law a bill that would prohibit state and local laws that "substantially burden" the ability of people -- including businesses and associations -- to follow their religious beliefs.

Emmert released a statement saying the NCAA "will work diligently to assure student-athletes competing in, and visitors attending the Final Four are not impacted negatively by this bill."

He added the NCAA intends to examine how the law might affect future events.

Former Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, an outspoken advocate for gay rights, took to Twitter to suggest that the NFL should reconsider holding the draft combine and future Super Bowls in Indiana.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Correct me if I am wrong, but I know of no religion that says it is wrong to SERVE homosexuals. It all comes down to "interpreting and expanding" scriptures to fit your own moral code.

you are correct.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    See timber-9's Items on eBay

I really wonder how many local business owners are pushing hard for this bill. My guess is none or very few.

Is there any benefit at all to a bill that helps people isolate themselves from other people?

Pros
    Rally a base (that needs no rallying).
    Draw hard line in the sand for other states to (hopefully) follow.

Cons
    Isolation from majority of American people.
    Lost tax revenue from tourism/business loss.
    Potential backlash from NCAA and other large local businesses.
    Significant negative press.

I personally just do not see how this is beneficial to any group and/or state in the 21st century. At the end of the day, regardless of politics, it just seems like bad business to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Sadly this is my state. I tried to read the actual bill but it's rather hard to understand. In my opinion this was a complete waste of resources and the PR from this is going to really hurt our state economy. Indianapolis is known for a pretty big convention city. We host the Final Four every four years or so, the NCAA headquarters are here, We had a super bowl and hope to get another one, we have a huge regional GenCon among many other events that come to us out great convention areas and centralized downtown area and much of this is being put in jeopardy just from the perception of this bill. Based on that alone and nothing to do with the actual discrimination potential that is reason enough to not even think about writing a bill like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

This will hurt Indiana in tax revenue and I'm sure you will see a "change of heart" because of this,

Sadly I think the time for a "change of heart" was the day from when the house passed it and Pence signed it today. There was much outcry after the house passed the bill on wednesday from citizens, conventions, and companies that call Indiana home. He obviously didn't care. Ironically there's a fairly large religious convention that said they will be moving their convention.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Someone tell me again how it's the Christians who are persecuted and oppressed when they have the power to make laws like this?

And someone tell me how Christians are NOT discriminate against gays again?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Arizona passes laws to discriminate against against Mexican Immigrants, Indiana passes law to discriminate against "religious freedom", texas and other states try to ban abortion (which violates federal law).... can someone tell me something the Republican / Right is actually FOR? Not just against?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike Pence may have just shot his Presidential aspirations in the foot.

This is a stupid law. How in the world can people justify in their mind refusing business to gays? Is their money gay? Will their gay-ness rub off on them?

.....or as some of our members here would call it "Anti-Gay" bill.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politi...hts/index.html

While I believe it is a stupid law I also believe in people to practice their religion.

I know that I would not patronize an establishment that has actually refused service to gay people.

Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast