Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

You are hitting on a major disconnect between the GOP and the people that they need to be convincing to vote for them. Maybe the GOP will evolve (get it?) on this issue before the next presidential election.

Do you honestly think they will? I think 2 of 12 or so GOP candidates in 2012 admitted they believed in evolution (get it?)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you honestly think they will? I think 2 of 12 or so GOP candidates in 2012 admitted they believed in evolution (get it?)

Can you not read and/or comprehend anything?

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are hitting on a major disconnect between the GOP and the people that they need to be convincing to vote for them. Maybe the GOP will evolve (get it?) on this issue before the next presidential election.

You seem to forget that the most Loyal base to the GOP are Far right Christians.....and therefore that is why the GOP pander to them.

Just look at Ted Cruz going to Liberty "University" and talking nonstop about God....why do you think he did that?

So unless, far right christians change their tune, I don't expect the GOP to change anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you not read and/or comprehend anything?

I just want you to finally admit the republican party is wrong about something....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just want you to finally admit the republican party is wrong about something....

I do every stinking day, back to my point of you being unable to read or comprehend anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You seem to forget that the most Loyal base to the GOP are Far right Christians.....and therefore that is why the GOP pander to them.

Just look at Ted Cruz going to Liberty "University" and talking nonstop about God....why do you think he did that?

So unless, far right christians change their tune, I don't expect the GOP to change anything.

No disagreement with any of this. There has been a huge societal shift on Social Issues and the GOP is going to have to figure out how to be a big tent party or become extinct.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The GOP has been going more and more right in the past decade...

Ironically their God (Reagan) would be seen as a Centrist by today's standards.

And what is MOST disappointing is that not only is this tolerated by GOP supporters who were once Moderate themselves, but they sell their souls just to go along with their party.

I was once a supporter of the Democrats, I immediately abandoned them when I saw that they didn't represent what I believe.

I suggest GOP supporters that have ANY integrity do the same.

Become Independent and leave behind this disgusting false dichotomy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No disagreement with any of this. There has been a huge societal shift on Social Issues and the GOP is going to have to figure out how to be a big tent party or become extinct.

fireworks went off in my head... CHURCH!!! haha.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    See timber-9's Items on eBay

Do you really want to know the real answer?

The real answer is that NO ONE IS FOR ANYTHING!
    All anyone knows how to do is destroy ideas, tear down people and criticize anyone that acts in any way that is even moderately bold (oh and if you are completely vanilla you will be crucified as well). The only way to succeed is to do nothing, dodge bullets, blame everyone else and prove to the lemmings that the person you are running against is incompetent.
    It's the equivalent of going to a job interview with the resume of all other candidates - answer no direct questions and deflect about how inept everyone else is. I don't have to be right, as long as you are wrong.

Don't believe me -

Start leafing through page after page of posts on this forum. Tell me when you find one that is a positive post about a commendable act made by a politician. Republicans blast Democrats, Democrats blast Republicans - meanwhile everyone with an ounce of common sense rolls their eyes and disconnects.
    It's not just this forum either - feel free to turn on Glen Beck, Sean Hanity, Bill Maher, Keith Olberman, etc, etc, etc.
    They will be happy to tell you why all the others are morons all the while never (or rarely anyway) talking about the good talking points and/or arguments their side has.

People are dumb - it's easier to hate than it is to support. Which is why negative ads continue to work.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Maybe YOU on a personal level don't care about it, but the GOP DOES.

I support the party that is closest to my ideas. none of them meet all my requirements, but the one that fits the most is the crazy old republicans.

sure I could say I don't like either (which I don't) or that i am an independent (easy way out) but I say I am republican because they are the closest to my values.

much like when we bought our new home it did not meet every requirement, but out of the 30 something we looked at, it was the closest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast