Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A few good autographs at spring training

I've had a few bad days this spring but had two pretty good days the last two games I've gone to.
    The first one was this past Monday, Twins at Phillies. The Phillies are usually decent down the left field line and the visiting team is sometimes good outside where the teams get on and off the bus.

Phillies: Cody Asche, Chad Billingsley, Cole Hamels, Mike Schmidt (had a black sharpie and signed in a bad spot), Jacob Diekman (parking lot)
    Twins: 1997 Fleer Paul Molitor (#332/500 for my autographed set, all in person)
    IMG_4226.jpgIMG_4227.jpgIMG_4228.jpgIMG_4229.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Had a little help, so I was able to get Molitor twice by the team bus after the game.

IMG_4230.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Today (3/27), Yankees at Phillies.

Threatening rain and drizzled during the game, then heavier towards the end of the game.
    Got A-Rod inside before the game. He looked at my baseball for a while, then me, before signing.
    Out by the visitor bus I got top prospect Aaron Judge.
    Then it rained for a while and most of the crowd left, maybe 20 or 30 people left.
    All of the Yankees left via their own car or bus, but A-Rod hadn't left yet.
    He finally came out and walked over, signing for all of the kids and about 5-10 adults that were there.

IMG_4242.jpgIMG_4286.jpgIMG_4285.jpgIMG_4283.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fantastic Arod sigs. Pretty cool that he signed the SS on one of them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks, I was really happy with the 3 autographs I got today. Alex was very relaxed and seemed happy when he came out after the game. Was interacting a lot with the kids there which was nice to see. Even gave one kid his business card, I think he is going to hook him up with tickets for a game or something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For all the crap he gets, he is a good signer. I got him back in 2001 when he was with the Rangers and again back in 2005 with the Yanks. He wasn't signing the SS then.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice job with a rod and the phils, billingsley was a good singer back with the Dodgers got him a few times

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Another good day today, Saturday 3/28, Pirates at Yankees minor league complex (minor league AA and AAA game). I heard CC Sabathia would be pitching so I decided to try and get him, plus I needed AA Coach Michel Hernandez on my 2008 Tampa Bay Rays World Series bat (already with 20/26 guys from the WS Roster). Got there at about 9:15am for a 1pm game, the minor league guys were working out and I got Hernandez quite quickly on my bat, which was my main goal for the day. Right after he signed I saw a bat in the trash can inside the dugout gate and asked the maintenance guy if I could have it. He pulled the bat out and gave it to me, it was an engraved bat of Eric Jagielo, the #8 prospect in the Yankees system. I was pretty pumped about that. We then saw Tino Martinez and I got him to sign two baseballs. Finally, I got Butch Wyenagar (one of the Pirates minor league coaches) to sign 3 cards, he has a very nice autograph. My friend got a bunch of Yankees minor league guys to sign cards since he recognizes many of them by face (they were wearing warmups during practice so you could not tell what number each player was). I asked Aaron Judge a few times and he said he'd sign after the game. Sabathia pitched 5 innings and gave up a few bombs, McCann was also there playing, neither signed when they came out of the game so I went home.

IMG_4317.jpgIMG_4314.jpgIMG_4315.jpgIMG_4316.jpg
    Last edited by mberger718; 03-28-2015 at 06:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice job...I like the Molitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast