Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC at the Toronto Expo

Hello all, I'm planning on attending the Expo in May, and I figured I would use that opportunity to submit some cards to COMC while I'm there.

I've never submitted anything to the site before (not even through the mail) so I'm wondering what the process is? ie. How much are you charged? (per card? per specific amount of cards?) Do you pay in person or with your online store credit? How to properly submit cards? (in top loaders, in sleeves; are multiple cards in a team bag acceptable or would this incur an additional charge?)

Basically I'm looking for someone who has done this before to shed some light on the whole process. Thank you in advance!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Signup for an account online and you'll get a user name. Then bring in your box of cards and the guy at their booth will get & tag your submission with your username. In a few days/weeks you will get an email with progress of how your submission is going and you'll start seeing your cards being added to your 'store'.
    Easy, no cost for the shipping and you pay per card. The fees are posted on their site. I use them for all of my $2-$20 cards that aren't worth posting or shipping to FEEbay.
    Collect what you like. Simple.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You'll pay online, through their store, once they begin processing your cards (loading them into your inventory). I've dropped things off with them at the Expo several times, and it's a really good service. Saves all that shipping cost.

Anyway, it's simple:

- Put in information regarding your submission (20 cards? 200 cards? 2000 cards? Whatever)
    - Print the slips from that submission, and when you drop the cards off at the Expo, include the slips (so they know which order is which).

Within 10 weeks (it doesn't normally take that long) they'll start loading you cards into your inventory. They'll charge you, per card, as they do it. Once you see that they've accepted your submission (i.e. you see that they've got one, there is X number of cards, but it's 0% processed) that's when I make sure there is enough money in my account to pay for it.

Right now, they've got a Canadian promotion on. 20 cents per card to load them into your inventory. Normally it's 25 cents.

As cards get loaded in, you can start pricing them and start selling. It's that simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I agree with the replies above. In terms of packaging, I suggest penny sleeves only or no sleeves at all in the card box (they have have given out free 200 card count card boxes at their booth at past Expos). If the cards are in toploaders, they charge an extra few cents per card since they have to take them out when they scan them into their inventory and ship with new supplies to buyers.

If you have never listed before, they usually have had a first time seller promotion where you get $15 or $20 off your first submission. I wouldn't expect it but t has happened in the past.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey all, totally forgot to say thanks for the info!

One last question. When I'm submitting the form online and it asks which submission center I'm sending to, what do I do? As there is no choice for the Expo....

Thanks in advance!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just say the Canadian one..... won't matter.