Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beauty!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Box #7, last of the night, will continue tomorrow

There just aren't enough hours in the day. I see myself breaking box 7 (& hopefully 8), and then huddling down for the night.

Box 1 & 6 have been Habs friendly. I'm still waiting to see my first Maurice Richard pull. Don't disappoint me box 7.

Box #7 (Maurice Richard).. Card (Maurice Richard) #1!
    I picked up the box and I got a tingle that said "Legendary". However, I tend to pick lousy boxes. Let's see.

Gold Superlative Top Prospect Luc Bourdon. Tri colour jersey piece, looking very nice, but for some reason, Luc Bourdon rang a bell but I couldn't place it. A quick search and now I remember. He's the guy in Vancouver who died in the very beginning of his career. Condolences to the Bourdon family. We'll never know how great you could have been. However, we know, and remember all the things you did.
    Box #7, Card, #2!

Jiri Tlusty First round pick, #13 overall in the 2006 entry draft (blue Vault stamp)? See, this is why I never trust my "Legendary" feeling when I pick up a box. I should have just turned around and given this to someone else. Maybe my "Legendary" means "Legendarily Lousy" :|
    Please redeem this box, this #7 box, with card #3

Game used Jersey gold Taylor Hall with a very nice tri-colour, thick seam and blue Vault stamp. I've just gotten the signal that its over for hockey cards for the night. Boxes 8, 9 & 10 will have to wait till tomorrow. While Hall is a good player, I've already pulled a Hall in my previous 4 boxes and it was a auto plus emblem. I'm also happy that the previous box wasn't my last box. If I opened this box up as the first one tomorrow, I'd be in a totally different zone. I can at least go to bed with visions of epic Lafleur and Dryden pieces dancing in my head.
    What can I expect as the #4 card in this box?
    It would have to be the hit compared to the other three
    The last box like this delivered an Orr GU, so it wasn't all bad.
    Am I getting a Maurice Richard?
    Box #7, Card #4!

ANOTHER Broda and he's joined by his friends Frank Brimsek, Dit Claper and Busher Jackson. The First six, 1939 Cup finals when Toronto played... I'm guessing Boston based on the clapper. I always though Brimsek was Chicago. Definitely the hit of the box and will match well with the two other Broda pieces I've already pulled, but a Toronto v Boston? Just plunge a knife in my heart ITG vault. #32 in the set, Montreal, no dice, #31 toronto vs boston, I get, #30, Montreal with Richard, no dice, #29 with Toronto vs Montreal, but Montreal loses that year and the card has Lach on it who wasn't even in the finals, I get. Still its a limited card /4 for players from 1939 (!), I can't complain too hard.

Night everyone, last 3 boxes tomorrow
    :beer:

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See haulan8's Items on eBay

So many nice hits, I would be interested in Jagrs if they are FT. Thanks!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I'll uhhhhhhh take that Kesler if yer looking to re-cycle it fer money :D

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rouss35's Items on eBay

Interested in all of the Richter's you pull. If they are available. Not sure I have anything for them. What would you be looking for?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boc #8, aint' it great?

The week is overrrrrr.......:comp:

I've got a long weekend coming up and I need to finish this case. Anyone who's posted about interest in a card, I'll shoot you out a PM when I'm done. It may take a day because it takes me 20+ minutes to get through one box and I've got 3 left. Fun fact, collateral ligaments in the knee can hurt if you run too much. Don't ask me how I know. Ask the hockey players how they can do it without hurting themselves all year long. I have more respect for those guys today.

Box.... NUMBER 8!, Card... NUMBER1!
    Getting tingles. Legendar(ily poor) box?

Superlative combos, LEAFS... always leafs. The card even says Maple Lefs forever. Sittler (with two nice pieces of stitching), McDonald and Sundin. I'm guessing Daryl Sittler here, Lanny McDonald (awesome hair) and Mats Sundin. What's the connection? Sittler and Sundin were Captains, but not McDonald. Its not time period because Sittler and McDonald were both on the team around the same time and Sundin was 20 years later. So... I guess three famous leafs? all HOF at least. Forever leafs? Not cool Vault. Not cool. Why no forever Habs? I dedicate this box to a Leafs fan somewhere who's hoping that Toronto loses enough this season to get the first draft pick.
    Box, #8, Card #2

NICE 1000 points Silver Lanny McDonald (Red Stamp). Okay.. so maybe this is a Lanny Mcdonald Box. Nice big jersey piece with a well proportioned dual colour for Calgary where he got his 1000th point just before retiring (6 points over 1000 in the end). The date there says March 7, 1989, so right before his Stanley cup win. Never knew that about Lanny. Ain't that nice for him? Stanley Cup, retired. Boom! Reminds me of Bourque as Lanny was before I was old enough to pay attention to hockey. Off to a solid start... if you like leafs.
    Box #8, Card #3!
    I will say that these cards are sitting "askew" in the box. The last time this happened, it was a pretty darned good box. Let's see if that continues.

Gump Worseley Game used piece. Trophy case for the Calder trophy (blue stamp) with a nice worn leather pad and a piece of stitching going down the side. Looks like a blue version. Worsley was a limited copy, so the blue probably is the normal limited version /9 as I don't think its gold. Although Gump won the Calder as a New York Ranger, he spent the later half of his career in Montreal where he started winning the Vezina trophy and had miniscule GAA in the playoffs en route to 4 Stanley Cup championships. Thanks for popping up Worsley! Next time, wear your Habs jersey please.
    Last card!
    Box #8
    Card #4
    Let's hit it!
    Pre-hype hopes!

Detroit!...? Superlative Season Gold version 1/1 (Red Superlative Stamp) 1997-98 Igor Larionov, Chris Osgood, Sergei Fedorov and Nicklas Lidstrom. Who were the Stanley cup winners in 1997-98? Before you answer what you wished (Montreal), the real answer for that time was Detroit and these guys look to be the cream of the crop for Detroit that year. Osgood, although never seeming to be elite, was a solid goaltender in Detroit for many years. Probably what helped him the most was behind behind a solid defensive core spearheaded by none other than Nicklas Lidstrom. While defence is key, if there's no one to score goals, what're you going to do? What's there the Russian Five enter in, two of which are found on this card with Igor Larionov and Sergei Fedorov.

Whelp, not Legendarily bad, but not overwhemingly great either. I have a feeling that the quad Detroit will be popular.

Two boxes to go. Stick around!

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

Box #9. 9 down... one to go

Box #9. So far, the weakest box had a Bobby Orr GU in it as the last hit. That's still a pretty damn strong box. Dryden has been my epic hit so far, as well as a stunning Lafleur GU piece. There have been others that are really good too. Let's see how much box #9 can impress. There's only two left to make a mark. Let's go Habs & ITG Vault!

Card.... #1!
    Getting excited, its hard to look

ooohhhh.... snap. And I said it out loud. I know that's not what the cool kids are saying. I don't know what they are saying, but its not that.
    Raymond Bourque BOSTON number (tri-colour, if barely), with a huge scrawling, great looking autograph (stamped red vault). I have been looking for a Bourque auto for some time and for him in Boston where he made his career. The only problem I have with this card (no, it has nothing to do with him not being Montreal) is that the "PLUS NUMBER" silver stamp is actually stamped over his autograph. That totally sucks. Bourque, you magnificient ™™™™™™™, you had your auto stamped over. Some collectors are okay with that. I don't know for sure 100%. Its still a HOF auto of one of the best D that ever lived.

Cards are asked again. Good sign.
    Box #9... card... #2!

Sjwam! (?) Its a Memorably Moments (Red version, Red Stamp) of one of my favourite goalies (see the sig) on my favourite team. A nice pack pulled Jacque Plante gamer. That photo is just eery, him staring down the camera while donning the mask. Like, "Blake, just dare to tell me that I can't wear a mask." Good vibes in box #9. Good vibes. Everything is red on this card and that GU piece is surrounded by a brick wall. Funny ITG. I also like the fact that it says "Jacques Plante - Plante Dons Mask" in the bottom right. I would have preferred the bloody visage of him donning the mask for that text, but his intense look is still good.

What else is waiting in this box? More Habs, I hope!

EDS: Text on back:
    Plante was one of the game's greatest innovators and he changed goaltending forever when he donned a mask for the first time after being injured by a shot from Andy Bathgate during a game with the New York Rangers on Nov 1, 1959.

With the text on the back, I would even more want the image from that day.
    Box #9!
    Card #3!

Leafs? Kulemin? Blue and white Debut for Kulemin, Green Vault Stamp. The jersey piece is nice with the blue and white and seam. I wonder if this is a SP version? I doubt it though. I like the fact that the date of first play is on the front of the card (Oct 9, 2008) and that we see the player stepping off the bench onto the ice with his Jersey number. I am familiar with this series of cards and I much prefer the goalie version because the player stepping on the ice for those cards is pictured as a goalie and not just a generic player. Kulemin shoots left, so its good that they show him holding the stick with his right hand, but did this card change the stick hand over for right handed shots? I don't know. I also don't care for Kulemin. so, next card.
    Box #9, Card #4
    Plante helped, but please wash the taste of Leafs out of my mouth

Brodeur Silver Patch tri colour Green Stamp. This is the first Box where the box hit was certainly in the first or second position. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with Brodeur. He's a great french goalie who just happened to play for the wrong (read, non-Montreal) team. His career also took him to St. Louis for one season, for some reason (?) rather than retiring as a New Jersey Devil. You are the all time winning-est goalie Mr. Brodeur, but I think the order of the cards in this box should have been reversed.

Happy with the Habs. What's the hit here? Possibly the Bourque or Plante.

Box #10... I'm looking at you to deliver and deliver big :foottap:

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

Box 10, this is the end, my friend

This is it folks. Box #10. The Penultimate box. Its a mystery box. I haven't looked inside to see what's there. A box of Superlative vault, is just a box of Superlative Vault. But a mystery box, there could be anything in here. Even a box of Superlative Vault Cards!

So far, this break has been great. Every box has delivered something either stunning or a superb collection of very solid cards. Given the price point and ITG's exit, I am super happy with this so far. I've pulled great Lafleur, Dryden, Plante, Orr, Gardiner, Broda (x3), Lach and Lapointe, just to name a few. My previous 4 boxes also had some epic 1920's & 30's vintage along with Beliveau, Broda, Lach, Dryden, Orr, & Ratelle.

Yet, we've reached the end of the road. Thanks to everyone for reading this far. If you've seen something you like, let me know. A lot of these will be for trade. I (Habs) think (Habs) I've (Habs) made (Habs) my (Habs) wants (Habs) clear (Habs) throughout (Habs) this (Habs) post (Habs). I also have wants other than Habs too.

What has been missing from my Break so far? More than anything, I've wanted to pull a supremely nice Maurice Richard piece. I also wouldn't have minded getting a nice Patrick Roy piece. I'm not disappointed by any means, because I've found all kinds of great new cards. But if I'm looking for something in Box 10, it would be one of those guys. Onto the break.

Box 10, last box. Card #1, first card.
    Deep Breath

Autothread Martin St. Louis. Silver version with Blue Vault Stamp. I've been expecting one of these. Every case seems to pull one. Martin St. Louis is a really classy player, as evidenced by his 3 Byng Trophies. He also helped Tampa Bay win the Stanley Cup playoffs before the meltdown that ollowed and brought them Stamkos and Hedman. What's happened to him most recently was the falling out with Tampa Bay. Apparently Yzerman snubbed him on the roster to Team Canada for the 2014 Sochi Olympics, but he ended up going anyways due to an injured Stamkos. He requested a trade soon after and now he's in NY, doing okay. Its a very nice, clean auto and you can see his #26, plus he's an undrafted Frenchman. However, he's a Tamba bay and NYR player, so its not a PC.

I'm a little afraid that this will be considered the box hit based on the last box. If so, the first 7 boxes were much better. Still, we'll see.
    Blow me away Vault with Box #10, Card... #2

I am slightly blown. Definitely a stiff breeze. Superlative Gold Game Used Jersey of Corey Perry with a very thick, 4 colour piece bursting out of the window. Anaheim is doing really well this year, despite the poor corsi, and Corey has always been a solid fantasy pickup for me with his points and PIMs. The guy already has a Stanley cup under his belt as well as a smattering of other personal awards. Its a nice piece to have if you're a Ducks fan. They're still the ducks right? I much prefer their 90's Disney Ducks with the duck goalie mask. Not quite what I'm looking for. Two cards left vault. Do your best!
    Box #10!
    Card... #3!

a VERY nice Gold version, Red stamped, Complete Career for Chsir Osgood going from Detroit to New york to St. Louis. All dual colours and a pukck in the top left is a nice touc. Close inspection shows that it has Brian H. Price scrawled on there too with the ITG logo. The borders around each of the GU pieces nicely reflect the colours of each team and, if I'm not mistaken, are actually cut apart logos that are highly zoomes in. You can see the tail feathers on the St. Louis wing, the NYI logo behind the NYI piece and the Detroit wheel behind detroit. Of course, for the purposes of the NHL license, I cannot tell what those three things are. They are merely abstract colours of the team meants to emphasize the colours of the GU pieces. Which they do wonderfully. osgood is a goalie, which is great, but he's not the goalie I wanted. which isn't so great. The background of the card, also reminds me of a circuit board. I have no idea why that was chosen. A- for effort, B- for execution.
    Last card....
    Last box
    .LAST CARD
    LAST BOX
    Do it Vault
    LET'S DO THIS!
    Holeeee crap....
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

COMPLETE JERSEY GOLD of DOUG HARVEY complete as in with complete Jersey dual colour total fadedand puck mark, complete with Emblem TRI colour faded red, Canadiens blue, and white COMPLETE with NUMBER tri colour faded red blue and white. Emblem and number are absolutely BURSTING out of the card to the point of deforming the picture. RED Vault stamp that totally matches the red of the card and a smiling, how do you do Doug Harvey face. Doug Harvey played defence for Montreal for 14 years. 4 Time Norris Trophy winner, 6 Time Stanley HOF inductee in 1973 who played with the cream of the crop of vintage Montreal players from the 50's & 60's

Wow. Box 10, I'll admit it, you blew me away.

Does this mean I have to start a Harvey PC?

What an end to this case. I've pulled a Lafleur, Dryden and Harvey all in one case. All those Leafs were mere annoyances, but the big hits, all Montreal.

Thanks for reading. If you want to trade, drop me a line. I'm happy to work out some deals. For now, I'm going to go enjoy my cards.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

amazing breaks, and a great read! really enjoyed it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12