Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

removing post until I can confirm the card. thanks
    Last edited by pensforlife87; 04-13-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: removing until issue is confirmed and resolved

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Where did you get the Greztky. It doesn't exist in the set ??? LMK

Serge

SCF Rewards
    Country

Card #28, is the Wayne Gretzky, the back of card says, You have received a NHL 500 goal scorers card from the 2001-2002 parkhurst series, on the front of this card is a piece of a game used jersey worn by Wayne Gretzky while playing for the Los angeles kings. PGS -28 I've had the set since 2002. Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for pointing this out to me, I never looked into it, I assumed the set was 28 cards, like the bap set, the cards have sat in a card box in a closet since 2003, they just got looked at, cause were moving, its hard to say where it came from 13 years ago, I collected a couple 1000 cards back then, as a major card collector, I have 1000 jersey cards from 2001 to 2003, in both sets of the 2001-2002 - 500 goal scorers, I looked them up and In the Game made all the cards for both sets, the Parkhurst set, and the Be a Player set, the only difference in the two sets, as far as I could see, is the number 1 card, and the number 28 card, were different players in each set, all 28 players were the same, just the card numbers were switched, and the gretzky jerseys were different.

in the bap set, gretzky is card 01, and is a Edmonton jersey card, and the #28 card is a Bobby Hull Chicago blackhawks jersey card, on the parkhurst set, card 01 is a Bobby Hull Chicago jersey card, all cards #2 thru #27 mirror each other, same player and same jersey in each set, and in the parkhurst set I have a #28 gretzky la kings jersey card, with a grey jersey piece.

So I looked at the card with a large magifyer, it looks litho printed, and similar to the rest of the cards as far as color and logos and cutting goes, has the nhlpa logo, nhl logo, and Ted Saskin printed auto, and says 2001 in the game inc, made in Canada, and as far as I can tell, its looks exactly the same, like the rest of the set, I compared each card in the set, they all look the same.

I just collected them, and I have handled thousands of cards, so I can tell what a real card looks and feels like, its the same thickness at the rest of the cards, I measured the thickness with a micromator, all the cards came in at 42 pts thickness.

Ill try to contact someone at in the game, but I know they got out of the hobby a year ago, so there may not be anyone to answer, they sold out to Leaf cards, (which is a ™™™'s end of a card company) he wouldn't have a clue about this, and I think Parkhurst is dead, I couldn't even find a active web page. be a player is Upper deck I believe.

Ill bring the card to the card show in may, and have a PSI guy, or a beckett guy look at it and tell me if its a real card, I looked on Hockeydb, and their check list for the set goes to card 27, lanny mcdonald, but that might not mean much, it may have been a late release, or a mistake card, they added 2 cards late in the bap set, ron francis and Brendan shanahan, I didn't get either one, so that set lists as 28 cards, but its actually 30 cards .

I got both sets in 2002 when they came out, and I was trading and buying a lot of cards back then, I lost interest after the strike in 2004-2005, when the market was flooded with ™™™™ cards....Ill let you know the results after the show.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, This is the checklist from ITG
    P-3 500 Goal Scorers Game-Used Jerseys
    PGS-1 Bobby Hull Chicago
    PGS-2 Mr. Hockey Detroit
    PGS-3 Marcel Dionne Los Angeles
    PGS-4 Phil Esposito NY Rangers®
    PGS-5 Mike Gartner Toronto
    PGS-6 Mark Messier Edmonton
    PGS-7 Steve Yzerman Detroit
    PGS-8 Brett Hull St. Louis
    PGS-9 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh
    PGS-10 Dino Ciccarelli Detroit
    PGS-11 Jari Kurri Los Angeles
    PGS-12 Luc Robitaille Los Angeles
    PGS-13 Mike Bossy NY Islanders®
    PGS-14 Dave Andreychuk Boston
    PGS-15 Guy Lafleur Montreal
    PGS-16 John Bucyk Boston
    PGS-17 Maurice Richard Montreal
    PGS-18 Stan Mikita Chicago
    PGS-19 Frank Mahovlich Montreal
    PGS-20 Bryan Trottier NY Islanders®
    PGS-21 Dale Hawerchuk Philadelphia
    PGS-22 Gilbert Perreault Buffalo
    PGS-23 Jean Béliveau Montreal
    PGS-24 Pat Verbeek New Jersey
    PGS-25 Michel Goulet Chicago
    PGS-26 Joe Mullen Calgary
    PGS-27
    PGS-29 Ron Francis
    PGS-30 Brendan Shanahan

PGS-28 do not exist

You have a counterfeit or a REALLY RARE card

cheers

Serge
    Lanny McDonald Toronto

SCF Rewards
    Country

I looked on several sites, on In The Game inc site, the checklist for 2001 - 2002 parkhurst set, only shows PGS -01 to PGS -27, it doesn't list PGS-28, or a PGS -29 or PGS 30 card, the Be a Player set, the back numbering is listed as GS-01 to GS-28, and includes card GS-01 - Gretzky Edmonton jersey card, there is no GS-29 or GS-30. I believe the ron francis and Brendan shanahan cards were special add on's and only made and released after the cards hit the open market, which is a normal occurrence, they always added late cards and extra players to the sets, after the set was launched, to sell the rest of the release out, they used to call them, "Updated versions", im hopeful your right and its a very rare card, im going to hang on to the set until I find out, weird stuff happens in hockey cards all the time, I have 2 ken Dryden cards from topps 1979, one ken Dryden card, that says "now retired" on the front, and the first release of the same card, without the "now retired" on it. they printed now retired on the second run, im hopeful this card is a late release. like the francis and shanahan. on the Mask set, they were 35 cards, and added 5 Update cards, to make the set 40. after it was released. ill let you know after the show. when a expert looks at the card. thanks for letting me know...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I found a in the game link for a updated checklist, for that 2001 - 2002 series, with a bunch of screw ups on it, it lists all the additional cards they added to the release, the ron francis and Brendan shanahan cards were added to both parkhurst and be a player sets, but were not numbered, and are listed in the beckett, only under BAP, as NNO cards, I also have the Milestones set in that series, which is 52 cards, and it says the set was numbered wrong, the original set was M-01 to M-22 and they added in a second release, M-19 to M-52. which means 4 cards would have overlapped, it says they were suppost to be numbered M-23 to M-56. and they say, the 4 overlapping numbered cards, were the same cards, and the same release counts, so I guess I have to look at that set as well, also in the added sets, they made a Heritage Jersey 30 card set, the 01 - Gretzky card is also a LA kings Jersey card, so they were making Gretzky la kings jersey cards in that same set, so Im hopeful that gretzky card was made, just not listed, and maybe released late, and the mask set was 30 cards, and updated with 10 cards, not 5 as I thought, so I am going to check that set out, which I have as well, they added about 300 additional cards to the first release. cheers

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Francis and Shanahan are numbered. I have them. I got them both in the BAP Update boxes they are PGS -29 and PGS 30. If your card is legit, it is very RARE. Wayne Gretzky sign a contract with UD in 2001 for the exclusivity of his card. The 2000-01 BAP Memorabilia is the only 500 goal card from the Great One. So like I said before, maybe they pulled his card away from Parkhurst and forgot a few ones or it is a counterfeit. It isn't listed ANYWHERE. So I believe that you have a counterfeit.

cheers

Serge

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't say counter fit, looks very legit to me.

Awesome set!

Many times companies "accidentally" have cards that swernt supposed to be made / even exist make its way out the back door. Or they could have forgotten, stopped the presses on that card a little too late and have them "accidentally" make their way out.

Having the whole set, it should be very easy to see if the Gretz is fake or not.

I believe this actually just happened with ITG Motown Madness, the Vernon is not on the checklist but one if them members here still has one. I believe he contacted ITG about it but hasn't heard back.

There is also a guy from Vancouver that pulled an insert from 10/11 panini pinnacle that wasn't supposed to exist.

Can't trust companies checklists / sites all the time
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, I hope for your sake. I have been upgrading these 500 goal sets since the beginning (2001). And I know a lot of people that did those sets. You are the ONLY one that has a Gretzky.

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast