Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Cool ROUND 1: Montreal vs Ottawa Discussion Thread

In a little less than 4 days, the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs will start and one of the series kicking off on that day is the Montreal vs Ottawa match-up! This one features hands down the best goalie in the NHL (if not the world) this season Carey Price vs. the hottest goalie in the 24 last games Andrew "Hamburglar" Hammond so, what say you?
    price-hammond-getty-images.jpg

Who wins this one? It's also the Hamburglar vs. The Max 67, can he handle that one? Too heavy to handle if you ask me!

CCW_4IsUIAAGR5U-600x300.jpg

For me, and probably unsurprisingly, the Habs take this one in 6!

Here is the schedule:

GAME 1: OTT AT MTL WED APR 15, 7:00 PM ET ›
    GAME 2: OTT AT MTL FRI APR 17, 7:00 PM ET ›
    GAME 3: MTL AT OTT SUN APR 19, 7:00 PM ET ›
    GAME 4:MTL AT OTT WED APR 22, 7:00 PM ET ›
    GAME 5: OTT AT MTL FRI APR 24, TBD * ›
    GAME 6: MTL AT OTT SUN APR 26, TBD * ›
    GAME 7: OTT AT MTL TUE APR 28, TBD

What do you think? Who takes this one? is the Hamburglar's fairytale about to end? Will Max Pac be back for the playoffs? Will Price follow his record breaking season with a similar performance in the postseason?

Let's hear it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Habs in 5, Sens have been playing playoff hockey for months. Here comes the letdown.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Other than facing Tampa Bay, this is the one match-up for the Habs that I was worried about. Ottawa had Montreal's number this season but we also need to remember Price was not in net for two of those loses. He alone has a great impact on a series.

My other concern for the Habs is will Pacciorety be able to play at 100%?

I was really happy to see the Sens also make the playoffs. I just hoped the two Canadian teams in the east would not have met in the first round. At least it is guaranteed that a Canadian team will make it to the second round in the east. :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Habs in 5, Sens have been playing playoff hockey for months. Here comes the letdown.

While I like that prediction i'm not sure the comedown will be that quick for the Sens...but you make a valid point re: playing playoffs hockey for ages

Other than facing Tampa Bay, this is the one match-up for the Habs that I was worried about. Ottawa had Montreal's number this season but we also need to remember Price was not in net for two of those loses. He alone has a great impact on a series.

My other concern for the Habs is will Pacciorety be able to play at 100%?

I was really happy to see the Sens also make the playoffs. I just hoped the two Canadian teams in the east would not have met in the first round. At least it is guaranteed that a Canadian team will make it to the second round in the east. :)

Yeah I was rooting for the Sens as well to make it, shame we have to meet them in the first round though, I think it's great that there are 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs, shame two series are all Canadian though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I'm a Habs fans but I'm really scared about this one. I will say Mtl in 7

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm a Habs fans but I'm really scared about this one. I will say Mtl in 7

Well, if it's in 7, i'll see it live as i've got tickets for game 7...but i'd rather it didn't take 7 lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Sen's in 6.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Well I'm going to go with the Canadiens in 6 as I think Carey is just good enough to steal a couple of games.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Ottawa in 6. I don't think their run is done yet

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I say Habs in 6. The challenge for Ottawa will be how their young stars handle the playoff pressure and if they can continue their hot streak (Hammond, Stone, Hoffman, Pageau). For Montreal, hopefully Pacioretty is healthy as he will be needed for a deep run. All-round though the Habs have a great team with the top goaltender. It's too bad there are 2 all Canadian series going on, but at least it means there will be 2-3 Canadian teams in the next round.

I actually bought tickets today for game 3 in Ottawa on Sunday... just hoping the Sens don't cancel my order since they are cancelling some orders outside of Sens region. I don't cheer for either team but wanted to see some great hockey, which is something I've been painfully missing being a fan of the Leafs and Oilers lol.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast