Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

One pack of DA Card World Hit Parade Series 3 Hockey - A Nice Crosby Parallel Hit.

I bought seven packs of Dave & Adam's Hit Parade Series 3 Hockey.

I was pretty pissed off b/c half the cards were damaged and some of the players I got were Christian Hanson & Jesse Joensuu.

It wasn't until a few days later that I realized that what I first thought was a Bee Hive Sidney Crosby base card was actually a gold parallel (inserted in 1:240 packs). Unfortunately, the card was one of the damaged ones I received. It's not too bad, but I estimate it's about a PSA 8.

Thanks for looking.

crosby F.jpg crosby R.jpg

BTW, these were waiting for me when I got home this evening from Dave & Adam's to make up for the damaged cards in my last order. Taking care of a customer, even if it was a small order like mine, is pretty impressive & IMO they're a great company to work with.

hitparade.jpg
    Last edited by fleemur12; 04-14-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Update

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stanleycuphoister's Items on eBay

I've been tempted on those....Anything else notable?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

nice, by chance are you trading the Crosby, lmk
    jim

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

that's cool they made it up to you. such a shame to see a nice Crosby parallel like that get damaged :(

hope they yielded something nice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

DA is a class act company. If you have a problem they fix it and make sure your satisfied.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

nice, by chance are you trading the Crosby, lmk
    jim

I was leaning towards holding onto it b/c it’s only a PSA 7.5/8.0 in my guesstimation, but I also could use the cash instead of a trade right now. PM me if you’re still interested. I can also get you a better scan so you can make your own call on the condition.

DA is a class act company. If you have a problem they fix it and make sure your satisfied.

They’ve always treated me well and have great merchandise. This product is pretty unique in that the cards have been repackaged, so it’s the first time I’ve ever encountered damaged product when it hasn’t been the manufacturer’s fault.

that's cool they made it up to you. such a shame to see a nice Crosby parallel like that get damaged :(
    hope they yielded something nice

It was a nice gesture that they did not have to do. Like I said to theboxbreaker96 above, it’s an unusual product because its been repackaged by the distributor, so it’s the first time I’ve had to go to D&A instead of UD or Panini with a condition issue.

The Crosby and a Vanek RC were pretty much it for the hits. No sign of the desirable redemption cards for me…

Check out the scans below to see what 12 packs yielded.

I've been tempted on those....Anything else notable?

They've sold out of the Series 3 Hockey packs, but I'll still give my 2 cents. There are several other Hit Parade Issues available right now for other sports, and I'm sure they'll release another hockey Hit Parade Series in the near future.

IMO, the player selection for Series 3 hockey is a little weak, but this is a “lottery product”, by which I mean the main draw is chasing the ten "Tremendous Ten" redemption cards. The grand prize is a 10-box case of 13-14 ITG Heroes & Prospects. Other prizes are unopened boxes, cards or $100 gift certificates for D&As. So really a percentage of the $9.50 a pack you're paying is to help defer the cost of the redemption prizes, which are the real big hits anyhow. The redemption prizes posses a fair amount of the value of the set (and the cost to D&A), so one cannot reasonably expect to find a plethora of limited & valuable cards a well. At least not without raising the price point per pack.

The damaged to half the cards is what got me miffed, but they made amends with the free packs. I think they have to work out a smoother handling and/or packaging protocol before they pack up the next series. I'm sure they're more careful with their higher-end Hit Parade releases.

Thanks for the comments & questions guys.

So there were 2 hits from the 12 packs - Crosby Bee Hive Gold and a 04-05 Authentic Vanek RC that came out of one of the free packs. The scans of the rest of the 34 cards are below. Not terrible, but not a whole lot to write home about either.

D&A1.jpg D&A2.jpg D&A3.jpg D&A4.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

A couple of nice hits, the Abdelkader future watch is selling decently right now thanks to a career high 23 goal season.