Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Removing COA Holograms from Photos

Hey guys, not card related but hopefully someone can help. Anyone ever removed a hologram from their signed hockey 8x10s? if so, how'd ya do it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Peel it with a razor blade? Who knows, why would you?

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah but its like the tamper proof one, you peel it off then some letters from the word VOID stay behind, and doing some QA/QC using JSA

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Ah I get it. Try steam. Use an iron on the label and blast it with steam, maybe put a towel between the iron and photo. Or blast it from behind.

Uhh, dont know of any other methods atm.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

The only methods I know can potentially damage the color on the photo. I've used Goo Gone to remove stickers from things and my first attempts you can tell were just that. Discoloration, removal of color and degredation of the paper. I personally wouldn't bother to remove a COA from a photo, not because of a fear of damaging it, but that I personally don't have a problem with it being there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I can't really share my issue at this point of why, but PSA screwed me because of the COAs that are on it. They won't admit it but it's complete Crap. Photos are 100% legit. So want to remove them and send them to JSA and see what happens.