Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Google the Airbus A380 buddy. Based on what you said, that thing is a glider, too.

Thanks habs for pointing that out for me and helping me out. I thought maybe I was going crazy.

Duane, you are more knowledgeable than me in some areas. But trying to beat me in a debate on planes isn't happening.

Don't underestimate those on the right, they're a different breed. Another member on here still thinks he knows what accountants don't do, after I, an accountant, told him otherwise. The brain is a funny organ sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Don't underestimate those on the right, they're a different breed. Another member on here still thinks he knows what accountants don't do, after I, an accountant, told him otherwise. The brain is a funny organ sometimes.

But, unless you give us proof that you're an accountant, how would we know?? I demand to see your college transcript, work credentials, a list of 15 clients and 4 personal references, and your birth certificate! Hmm, this seems somewhat similar to what a group of people did a few years ago when they didn't think somebody was qualified to run the country....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

But, unless you give us proof that you're an accountant, how would we know?? I demand to see your college transcript, work credentials, a list of 15 clients and 4 personal references, and your birth certificate! Hmm, this seems somewhat similar to what a group of people did a few years ago when they didn't think somebody was qualified to run the country....

Yeah, I know. I've been planting the seeds; dropping hints, mentioning who I work for in threads for years, all in the hopes someday I would be able to claim to be an accountant just to make a point in a thread. It's genius I tell you.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A little self-awareness goes a long way. You described it with (which andrewhoya bolded in his response) "the overall smallness of the craft". That was an outright lie. The craft is large and heavy.

It's amazing how well you point out the lies of others , yet can't recognize one of your own.

The article says the plane seats just one person and weighs "just 2800 kilograms" so they are clearly leading readers to believe it is a small, lightweight aircraft. Again, where did I lie?

But thanks for carrying his water for him since he clearly dodged the question.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Google the Airbus A380 buddy. Based on what you said, that thing is a glider, too.

Thanks habs for pointing that out for me and helping me out. I thought maybe I was going crazy.

Duane, you are more knowledgeable than me in some areas. But trying to beat me in a debate on planes isn't happening.

LOL did you just compare a plane that carries 850 passengers to a plane that carries 1 person as being the same based on wingspan? Let me guess, next you are gonna tell me a motorcycle and a bicycle are the same because they both have 2 wheels...

And as I already pointed out to your waterboy, I didn't lie, I based my statement off of info in the article. So I repeat, where did I lie?

Also just wanted to point out...

That is absolutely 100% not true at all.
    A) Again, the aerodynamics of the plane are what is keeping it grounded. Not the solar powered instruments and avionics.
    B) I'm curious as to what 'extreme heat' and 'extreme cold' refers to. Engines are not invincible and cannot fly in every condition imaginable.

It seems you know more than even the people involved with the plane...

While the team is used to waiting, they are clearly eager to move on.

"Our boss is the sun," says Solar Impulse spokeswoman Claudia Durgnat.

Perhaps you should see if they are hiring since you seem to be far more knowledgeable about the technology they are working with that they are.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Another member on here still thinks he knows what accountants don't do, after I, an accountant, told him otherwise. The brain is a funny organ sometimes.

again, accountants do not tell us when to hire. accountants do not specialize in demographics or trends in an industry. you can tell when the company is making a profit, but that does not indicate if you need to hire. you can increase revenue without increasing staff, in fact that is the best way to increase revenue.

in fact we are doing a 1/2 million upgrade while running in the red and we will hire inspite of running in the red.

so you are saying accountants specialize in demographics and industry trends?

so there may be some employers who hire based on increased revenue, but not all companies or industries do this. creating the same revenue with less employees equals more profit.

so my funny brain does not need to be approved by you, when I actually live the life and know what our accountants do and do not do, I hardly need to hear I am wrong from someone who is not even here, has never worked in my industry nor, has never worked for my company.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

again, accountants do not tell us when to hire. accountants do not specialize in demographics or trends in an industry. you can tell when the company is making a profit, but that does not indicate if you need to hire. you can increase revenue without increasing staff, in fact that is the best way to increase revenue.

in fact we are doing a 1/2 million upgrade while running in the red and we will hire inspite of running in the red.

so you are saying accountants specialize in demographics and industry trends?

so there may be some employers who hire based on increased revenue, but not all companies or industries do this. creating the same revenue with less employees equals more profit.

so my funny brain does not need to be approved by you, when I actually live the life and know what our accountants do and do not do, I hardly need to hear I am wrong from someone who is not even here, has never worked in my industry nor, has never worked for my company.

Your spin is epic. I NEVER claimed to know YOUR company, or YOUR industry, or what YOUR accountants do. My claims were what I DO, and HAVE DONE, as an accountant. YOU told me that accountants DO NOT DO what I was telling you I DO, because YOUR accountants don't do it. YOU were adamant that YOU KNEW what accountants DO based solely on your accountants' job.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

The article says the plane seats just one person and weighs "just 2800 kilograms" so they are clearly leading readers to believe it is a small, lightweight aircraft. Again, where did I lie?

But thanks for carrying his water for him since he clearly dodged the question.

Duane, of all people, you should know better than to believe the false reporting of CNN. C'mon now.

I'm not going to take the time to write out a response calling you out because, as habs pointed out, you are physically unable to accept when people call you out, and I am not going to waste my time beating a dead horse. So, sure, we'll just leave it at "you didn't lie anywhere", because I don't want you losing sleep tonight.
    LOL did you just compare a plane that carries 850 passengers to a plane that carries 1 person as being the same based on wingspan? Let me guess, next you are gonna tell me a motorcycle and a bicycle are the same because they both have 2 wheels...

And as I already pointed out to your waterboy, I didn't lie, I based my statement off of info in the article. So I repeat, where did I lie?

Also just wanted to point out...

It seems you know more than even the people involved with the plane...

Perhaps you should see if they are hiring since you seem to be far more knowledgeable about the technology they are working with that they are.

I'd love for you to show me a seat map of an airline that flies 850 passengers on a plane. I'll be waiting patiently here. You said SIZE. Not number of passengers to carry. I will quote you: "the overall smallness of the craft". HOW does this have ANYTHING to do with passenger loads??? Smallness relates to surface area, which is comparable to the world's largest passenger craft.

Thanks for proving my point with the quote. You seem to be changing your story. First, you mentioned how it is grounded because of the wind, its "light weight", and a weak engine. Now, you're saying it's only the sun. Problem is, it is sunny in China. The reason why they cannot take off is because of the wind (but NOT because of the plane's "light weight", as the wind can wreck havoc quickly).

Habs, much respect to you for still being sane after all of these years on here.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Duane, of all people, you should know better than to believe the false reporting of CNN. C'mon now.

I'm not going to take the time to write out a response calling you out because, as habs pointed out, you are physically unable to accept when people call you out, and I am not going to waste my time beating a dead horse. So, sure, we'll just leave it at "you didn't lie anywhere", because I don't want you losing sleep tonight.

I'd love for you to show me a seat map of an airline that flies 850 passengers on a plane. I'll be waiting patiently here. You said SIZE. Not number of passengers to carry. I will quote you: "the overall smallness of the craft". HOW does this have ANYTHING to do with passenger loads??? Smallness relates to surface area, which is comparable to the world's largest passenger craft.

Thanks for proving my point with the quote. You seem to be changing your story. First, you mentioned how it is grounded because of the wind, its "light weight", and a weak engine. Now, you're saying it's only the sun. Problem is, it is sunny in China. The reason why they cannot take off is because of the wind (but NOT because of the plane's "light weight", as the wind can wreck havoc quickly).

Habs, much respect to you for still being sane after all of these years on here.

First, you brought up the Airbus A380. Depending on which one you intended to refer to...

The Airbus A380 800 is a passenger plane made in France with capacity for 853 passengers in a single class or 644 in a two-tiered class.

And it turns out that isn't even the biggest one...

The Airbus A380 900 is a passenger plane from France with a travel range of 8,100 nautical miles or 15,000 kilometers. It can accommodate 900 passengers in a single-class set up and 656 in double-class configuration.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...ger-airplanes/

But being the pilot here and thus the expert, you already knew all of this, right?

As for me saying "smallness" having to do with passenger loads...well that is pure physics. Vehicles that only carry one passenger tend to be small.

I didn't prove your point. I said solar energy is unreliable. You said the solar plane is not grounded because of issues with the solar energy component. The article clearly says "The sun is our boss", an obvious statement to the need for sunlight. And I know it hasn't taken off because of winds...I said that already. It also has been waiting for the days in that area to get longer...thus the need for more sunlight.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

solar is a great thing,sure not a cure all but "all things in moderation"

anything you can do to break away from the corporates,choke the feds of funds and be more independent you should do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast