Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

The only thing worse for him right now would be winding up in Toronto and the media ripping him apart when he doesn't have a point in 3 of his first 5 games because the Leafs losing 3-1 & 4-2 on blown leads.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

If the game changes then super stars change with the game. We all know hockey today isn't like hockey in the 2000's or the hockey in 1990's or 1980's (and that's as far back as I go lol)

McDavid isn't like the other 5 Number 1 picks that Edmonton got. Or is the total 5 now? Who cares.. McDavid will bring more to the team than the others did and I am sure Edmonton will trade players away to build a team around McDavid.

If none of that happens and my worst fears come to fruition... then I offically hate Edmonton lol.

Next year will be the 5th 1st overall pick lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

lol

Yeah you're right, only 4 so far. I would rather not imagine Edmonton getting a 5th next year though, that's for sure.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

Wow I'm glad nobody is talking up Eichle... Maybe get his cards on the cheap

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even if Eichel plays better and gets more points he'll sell for less than mcdavid...

But he might have a better chance to shine on the east coast....no one watches west coast games anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

About 10 years ago, there was a team with a bunch of hot shot "Young Guns", a couple Calder Cup championships, and no good veterans on the team to teach the young kids anything about winning. That team was the Washington Capitals. Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Green, et al. Now you have McDavid, RNH, Eberle, and Shultz, and everyone is just assuming that they are going to learn how to win all on their own and collect Cup after Cup. It doesn't work that way. You need a good mix of veteran leadership/experience and youthful enthusiasm/talent. If you only have one, you may make the playoffs, but you wont do anything once you make it.

You can argue the differences all you want. Canadian v American team. Canadian v Russian players. etc. But the similarities are stark.

If the Oilers don't make some trades and acquire some decent vets to teach the kids a little something about maturity, they will win as many Cups as the Caps have. And if that happens, McDavid's cards will be closer to Ovechkin's than Crosby's (regardless of the fact that he is Canadian and not Russian). They will always be expensive, but they wont ever be more expensive than next year...
    Last edited by Sharky94; 04-21-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

About 10 years ago, there was a team with a bunch of hot shot "Young Guns", a couple Calder Cup championships, and no good veterans on the team to teach the young kids anything about winning. That team was the Washington Capitals. Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Green, et al. Now you have McDavid, RNH, Eberle, and Shultz, and everyone is just assuming that they are going to learn how to win all on their own and collect Cup after Cup. It doesn't work that way. You need a good mix of veteran leadership/experience and youthful enthusiasm/talent. If you only have one, you may make the playoffs, but you wont do anything once you make it.

You can argue the differences all you want. Canadian v American team. Canadian v Russian players. etc. But the similarities are stark.

If the Oilers don't make some trades and acquire some decent vets to teach the kids a little something about maturity, they will win as many Cups as the Caps have. And if that happens, McDavid's cards will be closer to Ovechkin's than Crosby's (regardless of the fact that he is Canadian and not Russian). They will always be expensive, but they wont ever be more expensive than next year...

What, you don't think having Andrew Ference around to show the kids how to cover up an "equipment malfunction" counts as maturity and leadership?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

There isn't a less deserving team than Edmonton to get McDavid. They can't get their act together with the current young talent. May as well give Edmonton the first 5 picks as it would be squandered. One can only hope he pulls a Lindros and Edmonton will be forced to make a trade. Realistically it would likely serve them better in the long term.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins

I am calling it right now Eichel is going to be a major bust in the NHL, he is a little punk who is going to get completely rocked once he gets to the big leagues ( I maybe still bitter about BU beating the sioux in the frozen four)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gretzky just called McDavid the best player to come into the league in 30 years:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Wayne...629/story.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast