Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

It took daigle about 130 games to score 90 points....that will actually be in line with what mcdavid does lol

On a much worse team...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

McDavid will score around 120 points on first season, can't wait to buy his cards.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (39)
    Country

Im Just hoping with McDavid on the Oilers now, the team can get aggressive and trade for an actual starter and an Actual top pairing Defence. If we Don't, 6 McDavids won't help the team get to the Playoffs.
    Would like to see the Oil approach Toronto, who are rebuilding and see if we could get Bernier. If not for a rebuild i would say impossible but the leafs could possibly move him as they have Riemer who can handle the load, and lets face it they won't tank but low picks help, only help a rebuild.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

It took daigle about 130 games to score 90 points....that will actually be in line with what mcdavid does lol

On a much worse team...

And Mike Bullard once scored 50 goals in the 80s and George Hainsworth one had 22 shutouts in 44 games. What's your point? None of this is relevant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll do you one better Kuba, I bet McDavid doesn't even make it to the NHL...I bet he joins Disney on Ice or something. Let it go, let it go, won't be scoring goals anymore...

SCF Rewards
    Country

And Mike Bullard once scored 50 goals in the 80s and George Hainsworth one had 22 shutouts in 44 games. What's your point? None of this is relevant.

Daigle played in the DPE and scored 52 points....that's relevent...

Mcdavid just Macinnon 2.0....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Connor McDavid and Vladimir Malakhov, same struggle

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

If the game changes then super stars change with the game. We all know hockey today isn't like hockey in the 2000's or the hockey in 1990's or 1980's (and that's as far back as I go lol)

McDavid isn't like the other 5 Number 1 picks that Edmonton got. Or is the total 5 now? Who cares.. McDavid will bring more to the team than the others did and I am sure Edmonton will trade players away to build a team around McDavid.

If none of that happens and my worst fears come to fruition... then I offically hate Edmonton lol.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For my own curiosity's sake, I looked up his numbers....

He had 105 points through his first three years in the league (47, 50, 82 games - 179 games total) so the 130 in 90 is probably pretty darn close.

He also did that in a time when goals per game were almost 1G higher than they are now.

I get it. Once upon a time, 100 points was the mark to hit to have what everyone considered to be a pretty good season. Now 100 point would be a GREAT season, and it's hard to achieve. 1000 Points or 300 wins used to get you into the HOF too.... now, not so much.

I am not interested in debating where I think McDavid will finish, in terms of all time points in a season by a rookie (or anyone, for that matter). I absolutely think this kid has all the skills to come into the league next year and be in the top 25 in scoring, and I might be low-balling him with that number.

On a much worse team...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yeah the game has changed a lot. We won't get back to a time with enforcers and not being able to hit a team's superstar. Back in the day I remember going to my local Ontario Junior A Hockey League games in the late 80's and early 90's and some of the players in the penalty box would be so antagonized and provoked by fans that they would occasionally climb over the glass and fist fight. Yes, I was one of those antagonizers and provokers lol

But that was the past game, this is the present game and there will be a future game as well. There will always be Superstars every year no matter what game is being played.

One thing for sure is I look forward to seeing McDavid's progression over the next few years just like I look forward to the NHL season over the next few years. No love-loss here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast