Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

What's worse that FORCING people to purchase Health Insurance???

Not covering CANCER SURGERY after forcing them to purchase said insurance.

One of the things that pisses me off the MOST is the government making it mandatory for you to purchase medical insurance or be taxed.
    That being said one of the things that pisses me off more than anything is hypocrisy.

A neighbor, 35 year old man, ask if my wife and I could feed his dogs today and tomorrow. He found out he had cancer in his thyroid and it was being removed today. April 20th.
    Of course we said we would and we saw him of Friday to tie up any loose ends. He looked VERY pissed off. He was told on April 16th, less than 100 hours before the surgery, that Mass Health would not be covering the cost of the surgery.

Why do you ask? Because these hacks determined that the surgery was ELECTIVE. That's right. ELECTIVE.
    He had Mass Health before he got his current job and the insurance at this new job doesn't kick in until 90 days after you start. He has been there about 5 weeks.

So remember boys and girls if you have Mass Health and have cancer the treatment is ELECTIVE.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

This kind of story is one of the main problems with this countries health care. If he was on welfare I bet it would be covered no problems

SCF Rewards
    Country

This kind of story is one of the main problems with this countries health care. If he was on welfare I bet it would be covered no problems

Or if he was in jail, it would be covered there too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wasn't Massachusetts the first state that had a version of Obamacare? RomneyCare I think they called it?

That was several years ago...

BTW, I've said in the past that Obamacare is far from perfect, but it was indeed a step up from what we had before, and a million times better than what the GOP have proposed....which if you're wondering is still NOTHING.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Wasn't Massachusetts the first state that had a version of Obamacare? RomneyCare I think they called it?

BTW, I've said in the past that Obamacare is far from perfect, but it was indeed a step up from what we had before, and a million times better than what the GOP have proposed....which if you're wondering is still NOTHING.

Which has WHAT to do with the fact that the STATE RUN insurance (progressives call it single payer) will not cover the surgery.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

I don't understand health insurances. You can pay premiums for years and years, but if you get cancer or some other serious illness they have to pre approve everything. Shouldn't have to pre approve anything. You pay for the insurance it should cover you no matter what happens. Elective shouldn't have anything to do with it. If you have insurance the bill should be covered. Not 100%, but whatever the policy states. I think the insurance companies and government are all in it together as a form of population control. Just a bunch of BS

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 68veg's Items on eBay

Have an NHS like the UK and this doesn't happen.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I'd rather not defend insurance companies BUT, if the surgery is truly elective (that is, doing the removal will not lead to a decreased cancer risk) then they should not have to cover it. If they HAVE to cover this elective surgery, then they would have to cover the next nose job or breast augmentation. Or what about Angelina Jolie who elected to have her breasts removed and then went further and had her ovaries removed? Should her insurance have covered that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Yes all the jailbirds get free health care.
    Or if he was in jail, it would be covered there too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

First off, state is different the fed. Secondly, Romney rubberstamped that bill because he thought the public wanted it. It seems he's said a few times it may not have been the best idea. Lastly, the GOP did propose something under Clinton, remember? It seems they thought it may not have been the best idea as well. Leave it up to the idiots on the left to all the sudden think a version of it was a good idea. It's garbage plain and simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast