Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

FINALLY! A GOOD Cop story I am PROUD to make a thread about!

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/19/us/ohi...shoot-suspect/

^So here we have a suspect that runs TOWARDS a cop yelling at him to SHOOT HIM!

The suspect is clearly mentally disturbed but the cop refuses to shoot him.

At one point the cop even FALLS to the ground....who knows what the suspect could've done to him!

And yet he still shows an amazing level of restraint....I'm not gonna lie, this cop could've shot him dead, we could've seen the video and I think MOST people would agree that he was in the right to shoot him.

The amazing thing is that even if the suspect does NOT value his own life....the Cop does, and for that I think he seriously deserves a lot of praise and honestly, probably a raise or some type of reward.

This is the type of cop we need, I can't think of any more positive praise, he really showed incredible courage in this situation....I just wish America would have more cops like this one.

PS: IMO, this video also shows why we DESPERATELY NEED body cams on cops.....lets say the cop does shoot him (which would've been defensible IMO) then we have VIDEO EVIDENCE that proves that the suspect was probably a DANGER to the life of the cop, he charged at him, he was acting very violent, and at one point the cop is on the ground.....Body Cams not only protect citizens they protect cops too!

At the end of the day, the reason why I have such contempt for American cops is because I am genuinely saddened and angered when I hear about the way some of the bad cops treat their fellow humans....regardless of what a suspect has done, as a cop you are a symbol of justice and the law, and as such you HAVE TO BE better than the suspect at a moral level.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-23-2015 at 04:36 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Saw that a few days ago. The cop showed tremendous restraint. Most cops would have shot the guy and I can't say that I wouldn't have either. Kudos to the officer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

A cynic could say; "body cam, no weapon seen, white guy". It's no wonder he didn't shoot him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^Actually, there are a few people saying that he didn't shoot because he wasn't a black guy.

And that's just dumb.

Two separate times the suspect charged at him, and was practically begging him to shoot him.

In a situation like that, I truly believe that the last thing going through your head is the color of the suspect.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^Actually, there are a few people saying that he didn't shoot because he wasn't a black guy.

And that's just dumb.

Two separate times the suspect charged at him, and was practically begging him to shoot him.

In a situation like that, I truly believe that the last thing going through your head is the color of the suspect.

I think the guy literally said "Shoot me!"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I'm not sure I could have acted in such a way. Good cops are getting lumped in with bad ones far too often for my liking. Are there racist and terrible cops out there? Sure. But they are very much in the minority. I know quite a few cops, and they're good and decent people. This cop should seriously be rewarded for his restraint though. Unreal stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

and I will add; asking the cop to shoot you as you come at him, is a clue to the intentions of the "attacker". He wants you to hurt him, not him hurt you.