Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rubio In The Lead

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow...sorry I brought the cake thing up. That wasn't my point. My point was that the primary issue is their feelings are hurt. They can go somewhere else and get a cake made but they find it offensive to have to do so because they are gay. Ultimately when someone is discriminated against the primary issue that they deal with as an individual is hurt feelings. When someone is spending the rest of their life in a wheel chair because they fought for our country and they are offended by someone burning a flag then it is their feelings that are involved.

Freedom of speech is a fine thing that I fully support, but just like freedom of speech has limits, or at least it should, someone can claim freedom of speech when expressing their hatred for blacks, Jews or gays and it is protected, but it doesn't make it right anymore than burning a flag that someone gave their life or will suffer the rest of their life to fight for the ideals that it represents.

At any rate, my biggest point has been proven here. Hillary is a liberal, not a moderate and certainly not conservative leaning, because burning the flag is something conservative in general oppose and something liberals in general do not oppose. This is exemplified by the fact that the only people here arguing that flag burning is freedom of speech are liberal-minded people.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See meandsharon11's Items on eBay

most businesses have a sign when you walk in the door that states; "We have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason". the whole cake thing is about them being bent out of shape about it. were they discriminating? possibly, but there are far more legitimate reasons why they wouldn't do it. Maybe it offends the business owner? It's their business and that's their right to do what they do and who they do it for. whether anyone likes it or not they just don't have to do it simply because someone else wants it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

most businesses have a sign when you walk in the door that states; "We have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason". the whole cake thing is about them being bent out of shape about it. were they discriminating? possibly, but there are far more legitimate reasons why they wouldn't do it. Maybe it offends the business owner? It's their business and that's their right to do what they do and who they do it for. whether anyone likes it or not they just don't have to do it simply because someone else wants it.

A business can put up a sign. Doesn't make what the sign says legal. I can tell you there are many, many, many people out there that still disagree with interracial marriages. Who here wants to say that the baker can refuse to bake a wedding cake for THAT couple?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234