Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fair is Fair....I'm calling out the LEFT!

^So a bunch of students at UC Bekeley decided to hold a protest demonstration at the school....OK, so far it's harmless.

They made a human chain and BLOCKED students who did NOT agree or did not want to protest along with them from attending classes.

WHAT?!?

I'm sorry, I MUST say it once more....WHAT?!?!?

NO, absolutely NOT!

I don't care how valid your protest is, I don't care how angry you are, I don't care period!

YOU DO NOT get to force your ideology on those that don't agree with it...and you do NOT stop students from attending classes THEY PAID FOR because you think your agenda demands people to acknowledge it.

What makes me very displeased is that MOST of these students would probably classify themselves as "liberal"....but there is NOTHING liberal about this.

By blocking students from attending classes they are INFRINGING their rights and are acting in an authoritarian matter.

IMO this is exactly what the FAR LEFT looks like and it is exactly why I'm against it....Far Right, Far Left....it doesn't matter, they are both extremes measures of the spectrum and NEEDS to be called out.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Totally agree. I have a distaste for most practices performed by protestors on either side of the aisle. If you want to protest, that's fine. Want to inconvenience the public, that's fine too. Want to totally deny the public access to something, No, you can't do that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

^ I agree.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See freethrowtommy's Items on eBay

You aren't calling out "the left" or liberals. You are calling out idiots.

There are idiots on both sides who people from that side don't want to be associated with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This thread is momentarily refreshing because I so rarely see the left ripping on their own folks and that is healthy thought to evaluate everything that you hear or see.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You aren't calling out "the left" or liberals. You are calling out idiots.

There are idiots on both sides who people from that side don't want to be associated with.

I think many college students identify themselves as being "liberal".

I don't know for certain what these particular protesters identify themselves as, but my best guess would be somewhere in the Left side of the political spectrum.

I personally don't agree with what they did, but if they are doing this and are going to be branded as "Leftist students" by the majority of people....I wanted to make sure to call them out.

And that's not to say that Left leaning individuals/groups aren't doing other stupid things on any given day....but this was brought up to my attention by a friend and I saw some news stories about it and it became a big talking point on some other forums I frequent, and so I wanted to talk about here too.

You're right, I don't want to be associated with these people because they don't represent the political ideologies I support.....and thus if they call themselves "liberal" or are part of the "Left", I want to make sure I say that I disagree with their position.

And at the end of the day, I'm a person that CONSTANTLY bashes the far right and conservatives in general....but it's not because they are the Red team and I'm on the Blue team....I bash them because of the illogical and straight up moronic things they say and do.

But I'll bash the "Blue team" just as hard.....especially the "Deep Blue team".

P.S. And just so we don't get into logical fallacies here....the red vs blue thing I'm talking about is a simplified analogy.....I know that people can be NEITHER conservative or liberal and I also know that just being a conservative or liberal doesn't mean you automatically support X or Y.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-25-2015 at 02:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also know that just being a conservative or liberal doesn't mean you automatically support X or Y.

Actually many on both sides of the aisle did not get the memo. They follow their leaders like sheep. I personally find the blind adulation and following of Obama to be frightening. I would imagine the liberals would say the same of Rush Limbaugh.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

stupid misguided punks

why aren't they in compton or east l.a. protesting the massive death toll by gangs?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Good job pointing out the hypocrisy here, Alex. Agreed. They are definitely not living up to tolerance principles with that behavior.