Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See m-audiofender's Items on eBay

Has anyone sold on COMC.com??

I was thinking about sending COMC.com a bulk of cards that i'm looking to get rid of, but i've never sold with them before.

Does anyone have any experience with them? If so, the more detail you can give me of your experience(s) the better!

Thank you!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I recently started using Comc.com as good way to buy from USA sellers on eBay and pay less in shipping.

I have had 8 cards on Comc.com and just I was thinking that I would be better off taking delivery on all cards and selling them on eBay I sold 3 of my cards. Those 3 cards basically paid for about 6 of those cards I purchased and shipped there. I ended up spending that money on PC cards from comc.com

That's been my experience so far. I wouldn't think it would be wise to send very low-end cards to them as they charge a small fee to put each card in your inventory.

I don't have experience in requesting shipment on my PC cards there yet as I'm waiting for more cards to have shipped to me at once.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

To date I've sold 4201 cards since I started selling on COMC in September 2013.

One of the first things you should do is take a hard look at what you're sending in, if it's low end do a search around COMC and see if there are any of the same card already for sale. If there are already a couple of the same card that you want to send in then it probably won't be worth it as you'll end up like this: http://www.comc.com/Cards/Hockey/201...Wilson/6877499. 27 of the same card with every seller trying to undercut you to the point where you won't be making anything off the card. If there's one or two of the same card and it's a couple dollar card then you should be fine but just make sure you aren't sending in anything that theres already 20+ of. High end can be tricky and doesn't always sell quickly, if you have any cards over the $50 sale price range you may be better trying to sell those here or on ebay as it will be a lot quicker. High end will sell but it will sell a lot easier elsewhere.

The actual selling part is easy. Once they get your cards they will start processing them, once they are processed they will go into your inventory and all you have to do is set the price and that's it. It will take a couple of weeks once they get your cards before you see them in your inventory to be priced, I sent in a batch of 760 cards that COMC got on March 31st that none of them are processed and ready to be priced yet but they should be ready any day now.

Remember to go into your settings and set the minimum offer percents, you will quickly be low balled and it gets annoying very quickly.

Make sure to turn on the sell on Amazon offer, your cards that sell on Amazon will be subject to a 20% off discount though. I'd say roughly 1 in 6 cards I've sold have sold on Amazon, you can check if any of your cards have sold on Amazon by going into your offer history.

When submitting it's best to fund your account ahead of time, COMC will let your account go into the negative but it's best just to have it funded properly.

Once your cards do sell and you're looking to take your money offsite you will have a couple of options and I don't just mean PP or a Check. Sure you could cash out and take the PP but you'll lose 20% from the cash out fee, instead look around the site for cards that you can buy and have shipped to yourself and sell yourself on places like here. And you could always exchange your COMC store credit for Blowout cards gift cards. Just note that whatever way you chose to cash out will take a couple of days. If you go with PP or a Blowout gift card it usually takes 3-5 days, a check can take up to 2 weeks.

And one of the biggest pluses is flipping, you can easily buy a card on COMC and simply flip it within hours. If you look closely you can find good deals that you can easily make money off of. For example I bought this Scott Darling Platinum white ice on 4/17 for $7 and sold it on 4/24 for $20.

2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Platinum White Ice #151 - Scott Darling /199
    Courtesy of COMC.com
    Sold 4/24/2015 6:20:02 AM for $20.00 Bought for $7.00

A $13 dollar profit and all you have to do is click a button, theres no shipping or handling involved. When you buy a card on COMC they just move it from the original sellers port to your port instantly, once in your port you can have a card shipped to you or you can put it back up for sale.

If you have any specific questions you can feel free to ask either here or by PM.
    Last edited by MattDMC; 04-25-2015 at 11:16 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you sell "lots" on that site?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you sell "lots" on that site?

Technically yes, it's called a port sale.

http://www.comc.com/Promotions/Port_Sale

You can put anything you want in your inventory/port into one big port sale, there is a $10 per week fee if you choose to set up a port sale.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've sold over 1800 cards there since the fall of 2013. Love the site. Incredibly easy to use.

Just remember the pricing:

It's going to cost you 25 cents to list a card, so you have to be able to get more than that to make anything on it. COMC will also add a 25 cent charge to any card that's sold (for the first time, doesn't apply to something you buy & flip).

So, when talking about base cards... keep in mind that if you can get someone to buy that card for 50 cents, you'd be breaking even. Depending on the set... that may not be all that tough to do (premium sets 50 cents is a deal) but if you're talking about a bunch of base from sets like UD Series 1, that might be tough to do. I do send in base cards of star players, and have had some success selling them.

My inventory has a ton of lower end RCs, Inserts, and Parallels. Cards that I usually price in the 75 cent - 1 dollar range... and they do sell, but slowly.

Here's my last few sales from over the weekend:

03-04 ITG BAP Memoribilia Fredrick Henry RC 75 cents
    05-06 UD Hometown Heroes Martin Brodeur 75 cents
    06-07 Sweet Shot Base Alexi Yashin 75 cents
    94-95 Score Goldline Punched Kevin Stevens 75 cents
    13-14 BTP Mario Gosselin Auto $3.75

That is the cash I got for the sales. I paid 25 cents to list each card first, and COMC also got 25 cents on each sale (the "listed price" that buyers saw for all of those would have been $1 for the first 4, and $4 for the last one).

It's an easy way to offload a lot of that "mediocre" stuff we're all sitting on :) Trouble with mailing things is that nobody wants to pay $2.50+ for shipping a card that they feel is only worth $1 (can't blame them either). Even if it's a trade - if you and I swap a couple of 50 cent insert cards.... are you jumping at the chance to spending $1.80 on a stamp, plus supplies, to make that deal?

COMC lets you buy lots of those cards (or higher end, whatever) from lots of people, and ship it all at once. Really easy, and cuts down on the s/h charges big time. I really like it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just remember the pricing:

It's going to cost you 25 cents to list a card, so you have to be able to get more than that to make anything on it. COMC will also add a 25 cent charge to any card that's sold (for the first time, doesn't apply to something you buy & flip).

Not entirely true, if you go to settings and set your account to advanced reseller mode then the $.25 added shipping charge is removed. This mainly benefits flippers though because if you want a card shipped to you that was purchased in reseller mode then they add the $.25 on to your shipping cost when you request a shipment. The good thing is you can easy switch between reseller mode and simplified mode so if you see a card you're buying to have shipped you would stay in simplified, see a card you think you can flip then switch to reseller and you save the $.25 shipping add on.

There are quite a few resellers on COMC so a good chunk of potential buyers don't even see the added $.25 as they are in reseller mode.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good info matt.....