Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Star Wars, Dark Angel, and Football Customs

I've been busy with some more custom card creations for collectors. These are the last few I've done and just wanted to post for your viewing pleasure. Any comments or questions are welcome as always and thanks for looking. -Steve

First is a Jim Brown Cut signature that was taken for the collectors personal IP experience. The design allowed for the player to be incorporated right into the cut. I designed the card but the collector knew exactly what he wanted which made the process super easy.

Next are (2) identical lettermen cards a collector wanted made of Aaron Colvin. I believe he is putting these together to make a personal nameplate and wanted to include Colvin for the "V". We found a seller that sells actual nameplate letters. The card is modeled after his favorite 2011 UD Lettermen set. Again the collector's vision made it all that much easier to create.

A big thanks to both members for allowing me to create these for their collection and the great time I had creating and building them.

I was asked by a member who I have worked with before to design and build a card for him that could house his Scott Studwell signature. He wanted the card to resemble the 2012 Museum baseball style a little. The design worked out very well with the cut as it was multiple signed notebook page with other signatures all over the place. Space was at a premium for this biuid since the cut was huge. I appreciate the collector allowing me to once again create a custom card for his collection.

I was asked by a collector to design and build a booklet sized card for his Jessica Alba signature he obtained from a bookplate. He wanted her to be portrayed as her Dark Angel character Max. This was a great way to display an oversized autograph as a card rather than a page in a book. Lots of fun as always and a thanks to the member for allowing me to create this for their collection.

Let me start off by saying this is by far the most high-end booklet I have been asked to create. I've made few different SW themed booklets, some with sketches, facsimile autographs and even a signature or two. This is the first to contain genuine signatures of four core actors. Needles to say I was a bit intimidated taking on the task of cutting these "more than I could afford" cards to create this one of-a-kind collectible. Anyone who has tried their hand at making customs knows the feeling of "NO turning back now". What I can't relate to is sending these cards off to some guy to chop up.....it's kinda insane. I would like to give a big thanks the collector for having faith in that guy and the vision to see something special.

I worked very close with the collector as he provided his idea's for the booklet design. The Star Wars poster "Style C" by Tom Chantrell was used for the cover and augmented some to fit the space. On the back I tried to give my best illusion of the opening crawl as it credits the actors and signatures in the booklet. Another challenge and concern of the collector's was to window Ford's signature in a way as to not show the original card text, guess where it's from yet? All in all I am very pleased with how the booklet turned out and hope the collector feels the same when it reaches his hands. Thanks so much for the look, Steve.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (36)
    Country

Hello! Really awesome work there!

The Jessica Alba oversized card is a great idea! Dabbling in some custom card-building also, I often run into issues with the cut autograph being too big also. And while it probably could've fit on a 3.5 x 2.5, I'm personally not a big fan of cards with a only a teeny headshot of the athlete/celebrity in the corner. Great job!

The Star Wars book is something else eh? Guinness I can see cutting up, but the other 3..too each their own I suppose! But, I'll say this much, what you created is certainly an upgrade from the oft-primitive looking Topps Star Wars autographs. Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more!

Question: when you are folding the booklet cover, what do you do do prevent cracking of the cardboard?

Cheers
    Rich

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome stuff as always. Lookforward to more.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Hello! Really awesome work there!

The Jessica Alba oversized card is a great idea! Dabbling in some custom card-building also, I often run into issues with the cut autograph being too big also. And while it probably could've fit on a 3.5 x 2.5, I'm personally not a big fan of cards with a only a teeny headshot of the athlete/celebrity in the corner. Great job!

The Star Wars book is something else eh? Guinness I can see cutting up, but the other 3..too each their own I suppose! But, I'll say this much, what you created is certainly an upgrade from the oft-primitive looking Topps Star Wars autographs. Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more!

Question: when you are folding the booklet cover, what do you do do prevent cracking of the cardboard?

Cheers
    Rich

Thanks Rich.
    It was actually the second time so far that I have used the double card style in order to fit a signature in.

Customs are so unique as they allow collectors to have something tailor made to their individual taste.

As for the booklet it's just a fold. Sometimes it cracks and sometimes it don't.

Awesome stuff as always. Lookforward to more.

Don

Thanks Don, looking forward the Chicago custom coming soon.......