Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (36)
    Country

sbangayan86's Custom 'Brand-name remakes' for TTM/IP autographs!

Super impressed and excited over the amount of fantastic work displayed in this forum! Customs are truly the way to go as they offer unlimited creative potential and are just absolutely fun to produce altogether

I actually began building customs when I was around 7 years old; certainly nothing complex back then, but I liked the idea of producing cards for characters who would otherwise have none. This was one of my first (hilarious) attempts:

Fast forward to the present, I've began working with PS and Illustrator to create complimentary pieces to my Vancouver Canucks collection: so many players have represented the team, but never even received licensed cards, nevermind autos. For the past few years, I've been putting such players onto custom/brand-name reconstructed designs, then mailing them out TTM for autographs, and on occasion, getting them IP! I perhaps one day will start working on some truly original designs, but there is something about adding players to existing sets that is a thrilling challenge for myself.

Anyhow, enough talk! I plan to display some of my work in this thread, current, and throwback cards. Thanks for stopping in, and hope you enjoy these!

First my most recently completed book:

Radim Vrbata! Probably one of the better off-season signings of 2014, he's just been a great offensive force all year. Apparently, he's a pretty tough signer all around, so I was quite fortunate to catch him at a stoplight one morning during the Easter weekend. Of the small crowd of IPers at Rogers, I was the only one fortunate enough to score an auto! He signed it quite nicely too (not too big and in the correct spot). Just need to get me one of those booklet one-touches now =)
    Last edited by sbangayan86; 04-26-2015 at 07:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks really nice. I'm brand new to the forum but have been looking at it for years. I've also seen your stuff on youtube and have commented on there about techniques used. All of it is pretty cool. Any other recent ip stuff keep the updates going.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (36)
    Country

Thanks Gronk!

Here is my first Tape to Tape attempt:

Glen Hanlon signed IP!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (36)
    Country

New Keith Ballard and one of my first sticker transfer attempts. Not perfect, but hopefully more practice will make perfect

SCF Rewards
    Country

looks great!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (36)
    Country

Thanks lilmezzy!

Completed this Brad Richardson today for the set:

And all four puzzle pieces together:

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (36)
    Country

My second attempt at a Shadowbox-type custom card:

Much cleaner edges, and the printing is a lot sharper (changed the method of printing):

Also really happy that Paige VanZant signed this in just over a month's time. I sent her the surface shell only, and included one for her to keep. The background and "box" portion was constructed after the surface layer was returned!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Some very nice work!