Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Look I am not the smartest and don't claim to be. Can one of you experts please tell me where it is says or states that marriage is a right?????

That is completely irrelevant to the argument and everyone knows it. Can anyone tell me where it states that "being allowed to sit where you want on a bus" is a right? How about "being served in a restaurant", has it ever been stated that it is a right? No, of course not. It's a matter of discrimination, not rights.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It is not semantics. I am simply tired of hearing "Treat me the same" while demands are made for special treatment. It's hypocritical. Nobody currently has a Federally provided right to marry and no individual group should get a right that others do not. If the government is going to create some form of a law like this then it should be all encompassing and state that any two adults, regardless of gender, have the legally protected right to marry.

Let me be clear. I have no issue with gays getting married. What they need to be fighting for is to eliminate laws banning them from marriage and fighting for laws requiring that insurance companies, etc. recognize their marriages as legal unions. Technically, they can win the "right" to get married and still have insurance companies deny recognition of their marriage.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Exactly. Liberal propaganda sites spread lies and deception about the issue and people like you just accept it as fact rather than be informed about the truth yourself. It is convenient to just accept their misleading information rather than take 2 minutes and Google the subject and learn for yourself.

Let me help...

A study conducted by the independent (not conservative or liberal) Violence Policy Center found that between 2007 and 2011 gun owners used their guns to defend themselves or their homes/family an average of 67,740 times per year. LINK

Using a liberal propaganda site that I assume you would have no problem believing, HuffPost says there are an average of 30,000 gun deaths per year (it is actually more like 32,000 a year), and that is all gun related deaths including homicide and suicide. Huffington Post link

So in just 2 minutes I was able to do what you refused to do. Proof in black and white. Legal gun owners use their gun to defend themselves more than twice as often as guns are used to do harm to themselves or others. Add in that a significant percentage of homicides with guns are done with guns that were acquired illegally or by people who can not legally own a gun and the number of legal gun owners that use their gun to do harm to family, friends or themselves plummets.

It is very rare that you hear about someone using their gun to protect themselves or their home because the media doesn't want to put it out there. It doesn't serve their liberal propaganda purpose of painting guns as a bad thing. If every day they had one story about someone being murdered with a gun and 2 or 3 stories of someone being protected or saved by a gun then the public perception would become that gun ownership does save lives. The media can't sensationalize that and make money off of it, so they keep quiet about it.

And gays can get married, they just do not always get it recognized by the government as a binding marriage. What they should be fighting for is the right to have their legal unions recognized as such, not fighting to get the right to get married. Even if they get the right to get married it doesn't require any institution to recognize the union.

Hillary. She supports abortion in general and even voted to allow partial birth abortions. You will vote for her because she is the Democratic candidate, so clearly she speaks for you, right?

The proof is simple. No law exist protecting anyone's right to get married.

You'll vote for Hillary before i will.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You'll vote for Hillary before i will.

If she is the Democrat nominee you will not vote?

Either way you missed the point. Some random minister saying something is no more "speaking for conservatives" than Hillary speaks for every liberal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You gotta be kidding me....where is the special treatment?

Gays will be able to marry just like you and me and they will receive the same benefits you and I receive.

WHERE IS THE DIFFERENCE?!

Because they call it a "right"?

You really don't think you're playing semantics and you're here arguing about a word?

This reminds me of Christians saying that they'd be OK with gays getting into a "civil union" but not "married".

It's the stupidest argument they've ever come up with and these people believe in freaking magic!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

When a law is created that gives something to one group that no other group has it is called special treatment. Sorry if you don't like it, but it's true. I bet if the Fed were to pass a law ensuring that registered Republicans could own any gun and as much ammo as they want but didn't afford that protection to registered Democrats then we would see an entirely different side to the liberal position.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

No it is not irrelevant. No rights are being violated. Yes morally it is wrong but what right is violated. NONE!!
    That is completely irrelevant to the argument and everyone knows it. Can anyone tell me where it states that "being allowed to sit where you want on a bus" is a right? How about "being served in a restaurant", has it ever been stated that it is a right? No, of course not. It's a matter of discrimination, not rights.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

No it is not irrelevant. No rights are being violated. Yes morally it is wrong but what right is violated. NONE!!

I never implied a "right" was being violated. The implication is that it is discrimination. If two same sex people apply for a marriage licence they should not be denied based on their sex.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agreed but I read these posts like you do and people trow around the word RIGHTS. And that is where the confusion comes in.Maybe YOU did not say it but it has been said I will gladly dig it up if I must. Discrimination yes but marriage is not a right PERIOD
    I never implied a "right" was being violated. The implication is that it is discrimination. If two same sex people apply for a marriage licence they should not be denied based on their sex.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You gotta be kidding me....where is the special treatment?

Gays will be able to marry just like you and me and they will receive the same benefits you and I receive.

WHERE IS THE DIFFERENCE?!

Because they call it a "right"?

You really don't think you're playing semantics and you're here arguing about a word?

This reminds me of Christians saying that they'd be OK with gays getting into a "civil union" but not "married".

It's the stupidest argument they've ever come up with and these people believe in freaking magic!

I am not playing I am making a point a logical point so it should be easy for you to get since you are the international man of logic.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast