Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

They showed 3 cases tonight where this riding technique was used (2 suits settled and a third still in the courts) and they had a retired cop saying he too had done the same when he was active. I guess it depends on what police force you work for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

who is worse, those siding with the criminals with no "evidence" or those siding with law enforcement?

See...this is EXACTLY why cops get away with all the nonsense that they do.

Because people say things like this.

"C'mon guys, who are we going to believe? An officer of the law who is sworn to obey the law and to act like a professional....or some low life who has a rap sheet?"

I even said it about that cop who shot down that man in South Carolina in the back....if that video didn't exist, I KNOW FOR A FACT that people would side with the cop if only because of this good cop vs. bad guy dichotomy.

Let's think about this clearly....the cops picked him up, they had him in custody and he died due to a spinal cord injury.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU LET SOMEONE IN YOUR CUSTODY DIE?!?!

Can you actually do your god damn jobs?

We the tax payers are paying cops salaries and this is what we're getting in return?

Incompetence, unprofessional behavior, and corruption.

NO, I do NOT condone the riots in Baltimore, they are NOT helping the situation, but I DO understand the anger and frustration.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This country is intentionally being torn apart.......

Blacks and Whites should not trust each other
    The police cannot ever be trusted
    If you have Christian convictions you are the worst person on the planet
    It is OK to bring in illegal immigrants to take the jobs that unemployed Americans should be taking (African Americans need to stay quiet about this)
    War on Women
    Don't you dare insinuate that Islam is anything but peaceful
    American Veterans are labeled as terrorist threats

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

It is OK to bring in illegal immigrants to take the jobs that unemployed Americans should be taking (African Americans need to stay quiet about this)
    War on Women

Yep, the idiots on the left are going to get what they want. They better be careful what they are asking for IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

War on Women

And all liberal ideals...shocker

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so now what do all of you who constantly accuse the police and side with the criminals have to say?

I hope the mayor and her gang gets sued and better yet, I hope they get sent to jail.

They lied, falsified, incited a riot, just to name a few.

shows all of you need to wait till the evidence comes out before you blame the popo for all the issues. usually I chose to believe the none criminal side before the evidence then after evidence is revealed, I side with who is right according to it.

But that is just a crazy Christian conservative.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

CNN)Attorneys for the six Baltimore police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray want the case dismissed or State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby's office to be taken off the case. A lengthy motion filed Friday in Baltimore City District Court cites a variety of concerns, including conflicts of interest and questions about the office's independent investigation.
    Earlier this week, Mosby told CNN she would stay on the case.
    "There is no conflict of interest. I'm going to prosecute. I'm the Baltimore state's attorney. My district includes every city in Baltimore city. A number of crimes that take place in Baltimore city and unfortunately in the district we live. Where is the conflict?" she said.

State prosecutor drops huge bombshell 02:23

PLAY VIDEO

The court document spells out what the defense sees as five conflicts of interest:
    1) Mosby and her husband, City Council member Nick Mosby, stand to gain financially and politically.
    The couple live in the area where Gray was arrested and Nick Mosby represents the district where much of the rioting and looting took place. The defense alleges he had a personal interest in stopping the unrest and as the husband of the state's attorney was in a position where he could influence the Gray case.
    "It is inconceivable that Mrs. Mosby was not influenced by the challenges presented to her husband as community leader of neighborhoods that were literally 'up in flames,' " the document says.
    2) Someone in her office has a personal relationship with a potential witness.
    Janice Bledsoe, a deputy state's attorney, will be one of the lead prosecutors on the case. She is in a relationship with a Baltimore television news reporter, Jayne Miller, according to the Baltimore Sun. The investigative reporter was one of the first people to speak to the second prisoner in the police van carrying Gray. Donta Allen told Miller and other media outlets like CNN that he never told police that Gray was intentionally trying to injure himself, as was written in an application for a search warrant. The motion calls for the parties involved, including Mosby, to recuse themselves.
    3) Her office took a role in investigating the case.
    The defense says it will want to call investigators from Mosby's office as witnesses. But they will be unduly influenced because Mosby is their boss and wants a conviction, the officers' attorneys claim.
    4) There is a pending civil claim against her office.
    On Thursday, the city and the state each received a notice that the defense believes it has cause to file a civil lawsuit claiming unlawful arrest and detention of the six officers. The officers were justified in their arrest of Gray for an illegal knife, the document says, so detaining them amounted to false imprisonment. The motion also says Mosby's public comments expose her to civil liability. The letters act as a request for a financial settlement for "more than $75,000" for each officer.
    5) An attorney for Gray's family, William "Billy" Murphy, is a close friend, supporter and a lawyer who represented Marilyn Mosby in an ethics complaint.
    There is no doubt Murphy and Mosby know each other well. He was on her transition team after she was elected to the state's attorney's office. He last year donated $5,000 to Mosby's campaign, according to Maryland campaign reporting records.
    The motion says Mosby's pursuit of criminal charges, especially the ones involving the intent of the officers, "potentially has a direct financial impact" on Murphy, who likely will sue on behalf of the Gray family.
    The defense also says that because Murphy personally represented Mosby in an ethics case that she has a conflict of interest.
    Murphy told CNN on Friday he hadn't read the filing and couldn't comment on the specifics of it.

Baltimore prosecutor: There is no conflict of interest 03:47

PLAY VIDEO

Call for special prosecutor

The motion also says Mosby "egregiously violated" the officers' rights to due process when she "publicly and with inciting rhetoric" announced the case against the officers by reading every word of the charging documents. The motion also says Mosby's statements to the young people of Baltimore revealed her political and personal motivation in the case and betrayed the U.S. Constitution and ethical requirements of prosecutors.
    The motion calls for the case to be dismissed, and if not, for a special prosecutor to be appointed.
    Gray was arrested April 12 for possessing an illegal knife and suffered a fatal spinal injury while being transported in a police van to a booking center, Mosby said.
    The officers face various charges that could lead to decades in prison.
    Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr., who drove the police van, faces the most serious charge, one count of second-degree depraved-heart murder. If convicted he would face up to 30 years in prison. Other officers have been charged with crimes like involuntary manslaughter or second-degree assault.
    The six officers have a preliminary hearing on May 27.
    In announcing the charges, Mosby said the incident began when two police officers on bike patrol "made eye contact" with Gray, who then ran.
    When officers caught up to him, he surrendered and was placed on the ground, arms handcuffed behind his back. He said he couldn't breathe and asked for an inhaler, but he did not get it, according to Mosby.
    Although police found a knife in Gray's pants, it was a variety allowed by Maryland law, and police had no reason to detain him, the prosecutor said.
    The motion says the knife was illegal under Baltimore city code.
    "If, in fact, the knife was unlawful ... the foundation of the state's argument (that the arrest was illegal) collapses," the document says.
    After Gray was arrested he was put in a police van that started off for a police station.
    Goodson stopped the vehicle four times over the course of the approximately 40-minute ride to the police station. At the first stop, officers took Gray out, put shackles on his ankles and placed him -- still handcuffed -- headfirst and on his stomach in the back.
    At the last stop, Goodson picked up another man who was put in the back of the van on the other side of the partition that keeps prisoners separated.
    Mosby said the officers were "grossly negligent" for failing to get Gray medical help, despite his requests, until arrival at the Western District Police Station.
    By then, he was no longer breathing.
    Gray was rushed to a hospital, where he underwent surgery.
    He died a week later.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

so now what do all of you who constantly accuse the police and side with the criminals have to say?

I hope the mayor and her gang gets sued and better yet, I hope they get sent to jail.

They lied, falsified, incited a riot, just to name a few.

shows all of you need to wait till the evidence comes out before you blame the popo for all the issues. usually I chose to believe the none criminal side before the evidence then after evidence is revealed, I side with who is right according to it.

But that is just a crazy Christian conservative.

What did I miss? Did he die in police custody or didn't he?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

He was arrested legally and flung himself around in an attempt to injure himself, so he would go to hospital before jail.

Cops were accused of an illegal arrest (false) beating the guy up (false) and causing his injuries (false).

so I guess you missed it all?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

He was arrested legally and flung himself around in an attempt to injure himself, so he would go to hospital before jail.

Cops were accused of an illegal arrest (false) beating the guy up (false) and causing his injuries (false).

so I guess you missed it all?

The knife apparently was legal in the state but illegal in the city of Baltimore. So the arrest very well could have been legal. I don't know if the DA has precedent of state law overriding municipal law, or if she just erred in laying that particular charge. As for the "flung himself around" claim; that's coming from a ear-witness that could not see anything as far as I know. Do you KNOW otherwise?

How those two things end up in accusations of lying, falsifying and inciting? You are going to have to explain what I missed there too. It appears I haven't missed anything other than your conjecture.

And I wonder why 5 cops gave statements, and the driver would not?

Obvious explanation; the 5 thought they didn't do anything wrong (which they may have not); the driver on the other hand??
    Last edited by habsheaven; 05-09-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast