Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Spring Expo recap...how was it?

Everyone,
    It has been a while since I have made an Expo and I always like hearing about how it was, what people thought etc. So far this year, to be honest it sounded pretty weak. Not a lot of excitement, not a lot of bragging etc. So those of you who went, what did you think? I am going to try and get to the Fall Expo this year, as long as work allows it. I know they aren't usually the same, but I would like to hear the good/bad/ugly. So let it fly.

Thanks
    Thad

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

This was certainly a weaker expo for me. Not a whole lot of good 90's stuff. I did manage to buy a 90-91 Pro Set Stanley Cup Holo and the 91-92 Pro Set Stanley Cup Holo. Also found a 97-98 Donrus Canadian Ice Eric Lindros Auto /750. That was it.

I also found the typical 80's RCS were priced a touch higher than the typical..so I just kept my money in my pocket on those.

Not a whole lot of good 90's wax either. I did buy a few factory sealed sets, not nothing overly hard to find like 89-90 OPC for $10.

For what I collect (80's/90's) I usually find the Fall Expo is better. The Spring Expo, I usually come home with extra money in my pocket.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I never attended the Expo in the heyday, but for all the years I have attended, I thought it was rather weak on the one day I did attend (Friday).

Not a great selection, vendors I am used to seeing not present, and some boxes even more overpriced than usual.

I usually buy a couple of boxes, redeem a ITG box and pick up some supplies that I cannot find locally.

Leaf/ITG Heroes & Prospects was ridiculously priced, and because it came out that day, I wasn't able to bring in a box from the outside, so no ITG redemption for me.

Either the vendor that has the one supply item I was looking was in a different spot and I did not recognize him, or he wasn't there, so that was a dud.

I did pick up a couple of boxes out of a pick of three that I was eyeing, the cake on top being that they were good boxes. And there were some newer items that weren't too crazy.

It just seemed emptier this year.

I do not normally go to the Fall Expo due to fund being used for the holidays and usually no ITG redemption for what I might buy, but I might go this year and see if it is any better than the Spring.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

I picked up a Tavares auto, Mackinnon young gun for decent price, a bunch of zadorov cards for my sabres stuff. However tired to trade/sell some cards got taxed GST at the border for the value of the cards I brought to Canada (never again) and was low balled on all my stuff. That being said the atmosphere was lacking alot of vendors packed their stuff up by 3pm which sucked considering I spent good money to attend the show on Sunday. Not sure if I will attend another spring show unless someone good is signing but I would go to a fall show with all the new product out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I noticed about half the people on Sunday as usual. This was my 3rd Expo in a row going Saturday and Sunday. Also by 3pm it was almost dead and a lot of Vendor's seemed to want to leave but they were being encouraged to stay until 6pm and packing up early meant you would either not be welcome back to the next Expo as it was generally frowned upon.

The redemption program seemed weaker. There weren't as many vendors displaying cards that I was looking for.

I actually managed to sell something this time! Found quite a few boxes for myself that were cheaper than 6 months ago. I found a few PC needs.

I suppose the highlight for me was actually selling something to a couple vendors but I still spent more money this Expo than all the other Expo's I've been to.

Actually the biggest highlight for me was finding a rare auto /10 on the Sunday which I found odd that 2 days passed and no one found it. Soon as I checked a website on my phone I found out it was indeed /10 so I snatched it up.

The Autographs on Saturday were huge for my buddy's Toronto Maple Leafs jersey and his Toronto Blue Jays bat getting more autos from 1967 cup and 1993 world series. He needed 4 signatures so all 3 of us had to stand in line for a while to help him out lol.

Lot of people complaining about the price of ICE, H&P being $20 more just for the redemption program and Series 2 couldn't be found for less than $100 by Saturday afternoon.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

I went on sat and did ok for myself picked up 6 of the last 9 14-15 ud yg canvas from ser2

also made a few trades and was also able to pick up this beauty for my collection

2014-15 UD Trilogy

so all in all it was somewhat success for me
    I find the spring expo is not a good for me and not as exciting, season is winding down adn no new products for release that day.
    I also miss Panini at the expo!!

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bought 2 cards..
    Sold hundreds...

Wished I had more time to look around as Saturday was really busy for me.

Overall pretty fun. Met some nice people.

If you're going to expo to buy wax...probably not the best idea...unless you like paying $100 for series 2 lol

Fall will just be mcdavid mcdavid mcdavid so....zzzzzzzz
    But we shall see...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

First Expo in a long time where I did not do a single redemption. When UD wasn't giving anything away (doing draws for giveaways, I mean), their booth looked dead compared to the fall. Anytime I noticed the Leaf / ITG area - there was a person or two there - max!

Why didn't I open anything? Because there wasn't a single product that I wanted to bust. I would have bust a couple of boxes of something for the 5 Retro-YG set... but it was only available to those of us willing to bust junk from the fall that the diamond dealers must have needed help unloading.

I did do a couple of boxes each day from that dealer on the far left wall.... UD Oilers Collection was only $95 a box (CnC was selling it for $140, lol). Did a couple of those and hit a Messier /25 I needed, so that was good. Tried my luck with '97 Beehive as well (HOF Autos fall every other box, so you've got a 1-in-12 shot at a Richard) but all I got were dud CHL autos, lol.

Picked up a few singles at a few different booths, but nothing that's going to excite the masses too much I'm afraid. I think everyone was saving their money for the Fall Expo when McSaviour YGs are going to be selling for $200+

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was very disciplined and did not buy a box the whole 3 days...

$300 stickers on Mac fwa are comedy...
    Since you're going by beckett at least use the newest ones...

Does anyone ever have lebron rookie autos at these shows?
    Spa or ultimate...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Those did exist ($300 stickers on MacKinnon FWA) but I also saw them for $175 (and I bet you could have talked those dealers down).

I was hoping to see more Yakupovs

I was very disciplined and did not buy a box the whole 3 days...

$300 stickers on Mac fwa are comedy...
    Since you're going by beckett at least use the newest ones...

Does anyone ever have lebron rookie autos at these shows?
    Spa or ultimate...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast