Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I don't know why this is such a surprise, Panini has always used sticker autos in high end products. They've always been in National Treasures.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Panini loves stickers and includes them in everything so this isn't the biggest shock out there. It is unfortunate but expected.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

I've also noticed in box breaks the overload of basic jersey cards they have in this product.

Also, I've NEVER heard of Adrian Smith until 14'15 Panini Immaculate Catastrophe was released. And mind you the autos I have seen of him were all stickers! Who in the world is Adrian Smith and why is he in a $530 product for basketball?

Another AWFUL thing I've noticed in box breaks of this is how nearly ALMOST every card I've seen pulled has SOME sort of damage to the card. Be it white corners/dents or random indentations on the card which were pointed out by the box breaker.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fromtrashtotreasurechris's Items on eBay

that's the down side to "on card autos", they get handled by many people who aren't the most careful with them (ie the player signing them). They show up in a box at their house, they scribble their name across the card push it aside, and go onto the next, then its put back into a box and sent back to the company, then company sends them to the facility to be packed out, its a no wonder most cards don't show up being a pristine 10 grade. Cant have it both ways sadly.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've also noticed in box breaks the overload of basic jersey cards they have in this product.

Also, I've NEVER heard of Adrian Smith until 14'15 Panini Immaculate Catastrophe was released. And mind you the autos I have seen of him were all stickers! Who in the world is Adrian Smith and why is he in a $530 product for basketball?

Another AWFUL thing I've noticed in box breaks of this is how nearly ALMOST every card I've seen pulled has SOME sort of damage to the card. Be it white corners/dents or random indentations on the card which were pointed out by the box breaker.

Yes, and you can see plenty of flaws on Panini's own preview page of the product. That's pre-release so they basically said "who cares" and packaged them up regardless. I saw creased GU windows and miscut/mis-aligned patches. Then they reuse the same legend photos over and over and over again. It's getting tiring fast...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, and you can see plenty of flaws on Panini's own preview page of the product. That's pre-release so they basically said "who cares" and packaged them up regardless. I saw creased GU windows and miscut/mis-aligned patches. Then they reuse the same legend photos over and over and over again. It's getting tiring fast...

I've gone over the checklist to see what Knicks were in Immaculate Catastrophe and it's pretty much the same photos being used. Only differences being the size of the photo may be smaller and/or they rotate the image.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've gone over the checklist to see what Knicks were in Immaculate Catastrophe and it's pretty much the same photos being used. Only differences being the size of the photo may be smaller and/or they rotate the image.

WOW, I guess because they used them in 11/12 they think we will forget?

This Bill Russell image has been used at least 4 times already :

2014-15 Immacualte

panini-america-2014-15-immaculate-basketball-packout-64.jpg

2012-13 Panini Prizm Finalists
    Bill-Russell.jpg

2012-13 Elite
    Bill-Russell.jpg

2011-12 Limited
    Bill-Russell.jpg

2009-10 Timeless Treasures
    Bill-Russell.jpg

This is just 1 example, they do it for countless legend/HOF players all throughout their products.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow. It brings a whole new perspective when you have the evidence in front of you to see. Quite sad...

And as you said, this is only ONE example. PFT...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow. It brings a whole new perspective when you have the evidence in front of you to see. Quite sad...

And as you said, this is only ONE example. PFT...

It's pretty shocking and I doubt they will cease. Not all of us collect for the sick patches, autographs or low numbers. Some actually take photography into account. I would love to post more examples but this may not be the thread.

On the sticker thing it's a losing battle and I suppose acceptable from the standpoint that not everyone can sign directly all the time. When or where they place these is to be argued.

Worst part for me is like a 1/99 or 5/5 and people want to rave like it's some 1/1. Okay great, 5/5, 5th one John Doe slapped a sticker on. The hype gets lost with stickers fast.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Absolutely disgusting they could get this upside down

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast