Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Where is everyone?

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO, buckets are better than lists. Lots of jerseys / patches / autos change hands. Many things can be wrong with autos ( smudges / cut off the sticker / etc ), also when you see a Patch card on a list with ( 3clr ) at the end, your going to want to know exactly what your trading for.

One thing I hate ( and im sure we've had this talk before sometime ), but I hate buckets organized by team. Im sure some people love it. But I dont collect certain teams. I collect a few players, and only specifics. I am very picky with what goes into my player PC ... but much more easy going with the other PC. I find the easiest buckets for me to dive into are ones with very simple sections:

- High End

- Autos

- Memorabilia

- Rookies

I dont want to look through sub albums and sub albums. If I go into a bucket and see more than 20 folders, without a high end section, I usually end my search right there.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lots of good traders dissapears and a lot of bad ones appears (specially on Facebook). one or 2 years ago we only have SCF and a couple of others sites to trades. Now with Facebook, a lot of trades are done with easy talk with the Facebook chat. Even with the fake Facebook traders... That's a reason why I'm slowly going away from the hobby.

Also, I found really difficult these days to find a trading Partner to build a set. I'm a set builders, and it's really difficult to makes fair trades. a lot of traders are looking for a 100 BV card for 10 cards with 10 BV....

I dont really cares about BV when I need the card for my set or PC, but not at any cost.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I refuse to look through buckets and I only collect Gretzky or other HOF autos, sorry for not being diverse enough for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

I refuse to look through buckets and I only collect Gretzky or other HOF autos, sorry for not being diverse enough for you.

Hey, that's OK if that's all you want to collect. But if you've got base singles or inserts you're trying to trade off to set/player collector's like me, don't be shocked if I don't have any high end Gretzky's to trade you for them. Maybe sell them to me/us? Not sure what you can do otherwise.

(Not singling you out, just using you as an example to others that have made similar offers).
    PM please for quicker response

My Want list site:Hidden Content

Cards - they're like 2˝" by 3˝" slices of crack!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

This is probably only the third time I've logged on this year. My busy life had caught up with me. I moved end of December. A lot came up, and my priorities took over. While the lure of the hobby is still there for me as I have picked up a few decent cards here and there(locally only), I just do not have any time left over to even be able to concentrate long enough in making any real trades or sales/purchases.

Hopefully some day I will get back at it, but for now everything else takes precedence.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

Rich,

Ebay & here seems to go in spurts for me. Ill go weeks without a sale or trade and then have several.

I usually stop bumping my WTTF threads after 75-100 total responses and start a new one. This is helpful as some people may have the show me only new threads option checked.

I rarely rarely rarely look at thread that aren't new. It's a waste of time checking threads that are bumped when nothing has changed. If you have new items to look at and want to make a deal...let us know that you have something new to offer! On other forums you can edit the title of your threads as well so you can announce a change in the title, add the date of change, or something.

I have no problem trading by BV or SV but I also hate when people screw around over $1 or $2 here and there. I don't need a deal to be 100% even to the penny SV or BV if I want what I'm getting in return!

I enjoy checking buckets but if they have 100 folders I'm out! I don't have time to look through every different year of a product or every team, especially if you want a higher end item of mine and all I can find are inserts and low end jerseys in return.

If you have a trade list you should organize it, same as you would a bucket. Make four or five categories and let that be it. I hate sifting through a stack of base cards and inserts when someone is asking about my autographed cards.

Then there is the "let's trade" post to which there are a dozen response from potential traders and no response from the original poster. This happens too often. Even if I don't have something you want just say so. Why take the time to look through my tradelist and bucket, both of which are small and well organized, and not take the twelve seconds to say "I looked through your stuff but didn't see anything I could use. Thanks anyways." Simple and courteous.

so there is an answer to the question, "where is everyone"?
    Too many clowns here

This particular clown tried to convince me that a 3 color Stamkos patch is the same value as a 4 color.

your efforts to lowball to win a deal are now becoming legendary huskies]

Posting something like this makes me not want to talk trades with you. And reading your passive aggressive arrogant comments in that forsberg honorable numbers thread just reinforces that. You don't like the value another person has for a card then simply walk away.
    Last edited by hang time; 06-24-2015 at 01:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

At a recent Ottawa cards show another site member asked me how I get so many trades on this site. My answer to him was that I always take the time to answer all PMs and I don't waste other members time. I also offer the other member the opportunity to make a trade proposal first, but I am willing to do it if they don't have the time. I added that you should also be willing to negotiate regarding the final contents of a trade, and that I always make it perfectly clear that I don't make use of buy and sell data, especially from shady auction sites. Quoting auction sites and not answering PMs is a one way ticket to the ignore list so we don't waste each others time.
    Last edited by piper1; 07-31-2015 at 07:54 AM.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

At a recent Ottawa cards show another site member asked me how I get so many trades on this site. My answer to him was that I always take the time to answer all PMs and I don't waste other members time. I also offer the other member the opportunity to make a trade proposal first, but I am willing to do it if they don't have the time. I added that you should also be willing to negotiate regarding the final contents of a trade, and that I always make it perfectly clear that I don't make use of buy and sell data, especially from shady auction sites. Quoting auction sites and not answering PMs is a one way ticket to the ignore list so we don't waste each others time.

Great post, Pete.

I've always enjoyed dealing with you - you're fair and you don't get too caught up in the details that for some can prevent a deal happening.

Just to put this out there for folks...I recently put up a thread looking to trade a lot of common YG's for 1-2 Habs cards. Pete pitched me a couple cards of guys I like, boom done.

Sometimes it's just that easy - here's some cards I like for some cards you like.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011