Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Acarter13's 2015 IP Success Thread

Hey! Posting this a little late, as the season has already begun, but I have been really busy. I mainly graph the Syracuse Chiefs and their opponents, but go to an MLB game or two every year. Here is a link to my success thread from last season: https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...Success-Thread

5/3/15- Syracuse Chiefs vs. Columbus Clippers

Made out pretty well, especially for it being my first game of the season. Had help pregame getting the Clippers.
    Syracuse Chiefs
    1/1 Emmanuel Burriss
    6/6 Manny Delcarmen- (Shortking98- top 2 cards are yours)(Daveteach- '52 is yours)
    2/5 Matt Den Dekker-Daveteach-the 2012 Topps minors was sent to me by you and is marked keep. However, Matt signed 2 random cards on the page, so if I am unable to get your 2014 rookie card signed, I will send back both the signed card and the unsigned
    2/9 Tony Gwynn Jr.
    2/9 Rich Hill- Signed post game only(Arfmax- 2008 A&G is yours)
    1/1 1/1 Taylor Jordan-1 pregame and 1 postgame
    9/9 6/6 Evan Meek-Super nice guy, very friendly. Rode out of the clubhouse on a Solowheel, which is basically a motorized unicycle that you just stand on. Sign 9 pregame then 6 postgame(Daveteach-2012 Topps on the left is yours)(Royals2012-2012 Topps in the middle is yours)(Arfmax-(2012 Topps on the right is yours)
    6/9 Bob Milacki-signed all different cards
    1/1 Sam Runion

1/1 Dan Butler-4x6. If anyone wants me to 50/50 him I am definitely taking cards!!! I don;t have anything of him and would really like his 2015 heritage card
    1/1 Mitch Lively- 4x6

Clippers
    1/1 Jesus Aguilar
    1/4 Francisco Lindor
    1/1 Carl Willis-Pitching Coach

1/1 Zach Walters- Program. Doesn't sign cards still so now I have a few of these programs signed

Season Total: 43

SCF Rewards
    Country

5/22/15-Syracuse Chiefs vs. Indianapolis Indians

Showed up a little later than I wanted to, so I was only able to graph for less than 15 minutes before the game started. Made out pretty well given the circumstances

4/4 Cutter Dykstra (daveteach-first is yours)
    2/3 Tony Gwynn Jr.
    4/9 Ian Stewart
    2/2 Felipe Rivero (jaydub-second is yours)

Season Total: 55

SCF Rewards
    Country

5/24/15-Syracuse Chiefs vs Indianapolis Indians

After a HORRIBLE pregame, I managed to do extremely well post game to completely make up for it. I also got to see Jose Valverde pitch; I didn't get to see him pitch well, but at least I got to see him pitch.

Pregame
    Chiefs
    1/1 Emmanuel Burriss-Came out very badly but the 4x6 wasn't a very high quality picture either so I almost didn't even have him sign it
    2/2 Rafael Martin

Indians

Index Cards
    Elias Diaz
    Gorkys Hernandez
    Brent Morel
    Mel Rojas Jr.

Post game-Only did the Chiefs and had some help
    1/1 Bruce Billings
    1/1 Erik Davis
    1/2 1/1 Matt Den Dekker-(Daveteach-red foil is yours)
    2/2 1/1 Tony Gwynn Jr.-8x10 is for Druce26
    2/2 Rich Hill
    5/5 Jason Martinson-(Dvaeteach-Top Prospects is yours)
    3/9 3/6 Ian Stewart
    1/1 1/1 Jose Valverde-Took pictures with a lot of people after the game. Seemed friendly-ish at first but he got annoyed with everyone pretty quickly

Season Total: 84

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Looks great dude, thanks!
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

Long time since I've posted a recap!

6/16/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs Toledo Mud Hens

4/4 Emmanuel Burris
    1/1 Paolo Espino
    1/1 Matt Grace-4x6 from independent ball
    2/2 Tony Gwynn Jr.
    1/1 Rick Hague-Index Card
    1/1 Kevin Keyes
    2/6 Steven Lerud-Jaydub, the 2013 Heritage is yours
    1/1 Mario Lisson
    1/1 Caleb Ramsey-Index Card

1/1 Josh Zeid

6/19/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bisons

Gates opened at 5:00 instead of 6:00, so my girlfriend and I got there around 5:40 and got Buffalo. Didn't get a lot quantity wise, but got a lot of quality.

1/1 Jonathan Diaz
    1/1 Caleb Gindl
    1/1 Matt Hague
    2/2 Daniel Norris
    1/1 1/1 Josh Thole
    1/1 1/1 Luke Scott- Talked with him for a bit about the play he made in the 2012 Topps card, apparently that play messed up his shoulder pretty bad and he's never been the same. Really friendly guy
    1/1 1/1 Randy Wolf-You're going to like this one Druce16.....

Season Total: 110

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Looks awesome, thanks man! Wolfie was always really popular around here!
    Long time since I've posted a recap!

6/16/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs Toledo Mud Hens

4/4 Emmanuel Burris
    1/1 Paolo Espino
    1/1 Matt Grace-4x6 from independent ball
    2/2 Tony Gwynn Jr.
    1/1 Rick Hague-Index Card
    1/1 Kevin Keyes
    2/6 Steven Lerud-Jaydub, the 2013 Heritage is yours
    1/1 Mario Lisson
    1/1 Caleb Ramsey-Index Card

1/1 Josh Zeid

6/19/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bisons

Gates opened at 5:00 instead of 6:00, so my girlfriend and I got there around 5:40 and got Buffalo. Didn't get a lot quantity wise, but got a lot of quality.

1/1 Jonathan Diaz
    1/1 Caleb Gindl
    1/1 Matt Hague
    2/2 Daniel Norris
    1/1 1/1 Josh Thole
    1/1 1/1 Luke Scott- Talked with him for a bit about the play he made in the 2012 Topps card, apparently that play messed up his shoulder pretty bad and he's never been the same. Really friendly guy
    1/1 1/1 Randy Wolf-You're going to like this one Druce16.....

Season Total: 110

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have gotten really behind on my IP recaps! So here goes a few games all in 1 post.

7/10/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Rochester Red Wings

Game was a doubleheader so I had help on the Red Wings side for the first game and then help on the Chiefs side for the second game.

2/2 A.J. Achter
    1/1 Oswaldo Arcia
    1/1 Chris Herrmann

Also got Index cards of Eric Farris, Reynaldo Rodriguez, Argenis Diaz, Doug Bernier, and Jorge Polanco

1/2 Darin Mastroianni-MadMax, this card is yours
    1/1 1/1 Chris Nelson
    2/2 Joe Ross-Signed after the first games. He was charting in the stands and signed for a bunch of people. Really seemed like he didn;t want to sign but he signed everything for everyone who asked.
    3/3 P.J. Walters

7/27/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bisons

Was given free tickets to this game so I decided to go.

1/1 Joba Chamberlain
    1/1 Munenori Kawasaki
    1/1 Melky Mesa
    1/1 Dalton Pompey-Got him on a used International League baseball because I didn't have anything else of him and didn't really want to miss him. Asked him to SS and he side paneled it
    Also got Jon Berti on an Index Card

1/1 1/1 A.J. Cole-Jaydub, 2012 Heritage Minors is yours
    2/2 Tony Gwynn Jr-Arfmax, 07 A&G is yours
    9/9 Bob Milacki-Royals2012, bottom 2 are yours
    1/1 1/1 1/1 Trea Turner-Got him once before the game and then had help after the game on 1

7/28/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bisons

Again, had free tickets but this time I was already planning on going to the game.

1/9 Jeff Francis-Starting pitcher so that was nice to get him. Always nice to get an ex-Yankee, even if it was only for 2 games.
    Also got index cards of Munenori Kawasaki and 2015 IL MVP-to-be Matt Hague

2/2 2/2 Tony Gwynn Jr.
    1/1 1/1 Trea Turner
    Index card of Paul Demny

7/29/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bisons

So Strasburg was making a rehab start for 4 innings in this game so i couldn't resist going to a third game in a row. Showed up about 10 minutes before the game started due to work, so I didn't even bother with autographs before the game. Didn't miss much, because Trea Turner didn't sign and neither did Matt Skole. But I did miss Strasburg, who signed a bunch before the game(just kidding, he obviously didn't sign). Srasburg got taken out in the 4th inning and everyone left. Most left because they only came to see him pitch, and a few people left to stand by the exit to try to get Strasburg when he leaves. I figured he wouldn't even leave the same exit everyone else would so I stayed for the rest of the game and went to the gate after the game was over. Really happy I did that too. About 5 minutes after I got the gate, Strasburg pulls out of a private exit and drives past everyone. Probably 15 people sprinted after his car and tried to get him to sign at a stop sign, which I found incredibly rude. Even if he did sign for everyone who chased him and I missed him, I wouldn't even have minded. I don;t want to get an autograph if I have to be rude to the player to get it. Stayed at the gate until midnight , mainly waiting for Gwynn Jr. and Turner, but they hadn't left yet so I just left.

3/3 3/3 Taylor Hill
    1/1 1/1 Matt Den Dekker

Season Total: 166

SCF Rewards
    Country

8/1/15- Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates

Was hoping to do the Reds pregame and get Frazier, but it was completely packed so I didn't even bother. Stayed on the Pirates side up until after BP but then I wanted to walk around and see the stadium.

1/1 Joe Blanton

8/4/15- Syracuse Chiefs vs. Pawtucket Red Sox

Went to the game on my own today which kind of sucked. The game was postponed to a 7:45 start, which was rough because I found that out when I got to the stadium at 6:05. Waited around until Starting lineups were announced then decided to start on the Chiefs side then go to the Red Sox side. Lerud was catching and I was going to try to get him when he came out. Also wanted to get A.J. Cole. Ended up getting neither of them... Matt Barnes was charting but it was cold and I left early.

1/1 Garin Cecchini-Was really nice to everyone
    5/5 Humberto Quintero-Really nice, and surprisingly I was the only person who wanted anything signed by him.

Here's where it got a little frustrating

0/1 Bob Kipper-Asked him as he was walking out to the bullpen before the game and he said he would come back and sign. He was walking back to the dugout while the Chiefs were taking the field to start the game so by then I was already gone
    0/1 Deven Marrero-Blew everyone off
    0/1 Allen Craig-Signed for the 2 people directly on my right but had to leave for the National Anthem
    0/2 Jemile Weeks-Only signed for 1 little kid in a Red Sox hat
    0/4 Ryan Cook-Ignored me

Season Total: 173

SCF Rewards
    Country

8/6/15 Syracuse Chiefs vs. Pawtucket Red Sox

Decided to come back for the the last game of the series. I didn't realize this was the last game of a home stand for the Chiefs so I stayed after at the gate and tried to get players as they get onto the bus. That seems to be when I have the best luck and it was definitely true this time.

3/3 Emmanuel Burriss
    1/1 1/1 A.J. Cole-I have never seen him in a pleasant mood
    1/1 1/1 Matt Den Dekker
    1/1 1/1 Taylor Jordan
    3/3 1/1 Steven Lerud-8x10 for Druce16
    8/9 Bob Milacki-Top 3 are for MontrealExpos. Pretty positive he just didn't see the last card because he jumped around on the page for some reason while signing
    2/3 1/2 2/2 Matt Skole-Pretty sure he remembered me because he signed 2 for me pregame then only 1 postgame. Had help on the other 2
    3/3 2/2 Sammy Solis
    1/1 1/1 1/1 Trea Turner-Was pretty fan friendly this game, took some pictures
    Sam Runion Index Card

1/1 Garin Cecchini
    2/4 Ryan Cook
    2/2 Rich Gedman
    1/1 Deven Marrero
    Sandy Leon Index card

Season Total: 215

SCF Rewards
    Country

8/13/15-Syracuse Chiefs vs. Lehihg Valley Iron Pigs

Really didn't have much for either team so I got mostly everything done I brought.

1/1 Jordan Danks
    2/3 Tyler Pastornicky
    Aaron Altherr and Seth Rosin on Druce16's 8x10. Altherr is on the bottom left in the stand and Rosin is number 40 in the top middle

1/1 Richard Bleir-Charting so I got him after the game. I barely recognize him so I'm glad I finally got this signed. Thought I was going to have it forever!
    1/1 1/1 A.J. Cole-Jaydub, card on top middle is yours. Always the first one to leave when the game ends. Left within 5 minutes from the games end.
    3/3 Juan Gutierrez-Newest Chief and I already am out of stuff for him
    1/1 1/1 Taylor Jordan-Jaydub, card on bottom left is yours
    1/1 Bob Milacki-Finally done!
    2/2 Matt Skole-Done with him too
    1/1 Trea Turner-He drove out the back exit but signed for 3 kids who were waiting for him there. Really nice guy but I don't think he likes all the attention constantly

Season Total: 232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast