Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Done with Upper Deck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scottswats's Items on eBay

Done with Upper Deck

Ok I've been away from hobby a couple years so this is probably an old rant but I'm pissed off right now. After buying a box of 14-15 ICE and getting a nice Kuz Lustrous Rookie Auto but then seeing it was /349 bummed me out. I was going to leave it at that but I just bought 2 packs of 14-15 trilogy for $40 and pulled a blocker patch of Lundqvist and its numbered /300. Does UD not realize that we have to buy holders for them and then sell (if we want) for next to nothing because its numbered too high. Of course they do, they just don't give a hoot. I pull a patch sized card that needs a case and it will cost me 1/3 the selling price of Lundqvist to buy one.

Can't wait to pull a McDavid Patch auto RC /2999 next year. I'm sure UD will make sure they are one per box again. Just like Lindros RC's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Without any competition from other companies producing similar cards there are two reasons for the high numbers. One is they have no competition and two because now that there are no other companies producing these cards a card numbered to /300 would be like a card numbered to /150 if Panini were around.

Same reason why inserts /100 from the 90s sell for more than a /10 now, because there were less sets then so there were literally only 100 copies whereas lately they have been 20 different versions of a /10 so there is actually 200 of them.

And yeah I've been done breaking Upper Deck for a while except the odd box cause I'm bored or curious.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Har Har, a card numbered to 150 is worthless as well!!

I won a Kesler (worthless) 11/12 Limited Banner Season Gold /25 (worthless) parallel a couple weeks ago for 99 cents :)

The last box I opened up was UD2 I think? And a UD1 and an OPC this year. Thassssss it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Without any competition from other companies producing similar cards there are two reasons for the high numbers. One is they have no competition and two because now that there are no other companies producing these cards a card numbered to /300 would be like a card numbered to /150 if Panini were around.

Same reason why inserts /100 from the 90s sell for more than a /10 now, because there were less sets then so there were literally only 100 copies whereas lately they have been 20 different versions of a /10 so there is actually 200 of them.

And yeah I've been done breaking Upper Deck for a while except the odd box cause I'm bored or curious.

Agree on the competition. But it's so hard to get the NHL licence that I don't think we'll see many other companies in the market very soon...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Kind of liked it when Panini was in on it. Sure they blew the market up with parallels (see Certified) but at least UD had some competition to fend off.

The only thing UD I typically open are UD1 or UD2 Blasters/Tins. And that's because they go on sale at Dave and Adams for like $9.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry guys, busting wax is an addiction. Your dealer (Upper Deck) is gonna keep dealing as long as you're buying.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kind of liked it when Panini was in on it. Sure they blew the market up with parallels (see Certified) but at least UD had some competition to fend off.

The only thing UD I typically open are UD1 or UD2 Blasters/Tins. And that's because they go on sale at Dave and Adams for like $9.

I find it funny that Panini was so roundly criticized for huge numbers of parallels and yet Trilogy and OPC Platinum are so popular even though there's Rookie autos /399, /225, /99, /49, /25, /10, /5, /3, /1 but that's totally cool because, you know, it's UD........

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I find it funny that Panini was so roundly criticized for huge numbers of parallels and yet Trilogy and OPC Platinum are so popular even though there's Rookie autos /399, /225, /99, /49, /25, /10, /5, /3, /1 but that's totally cool because, you know, it's UD........

I think the amount of parallels in OPC Platinum and Trilogy are absolutely ridiculous. I can't even keep track of everything going on with Trilogy. Gold, Radiant, Inscription RC Auto, there's just too many. It's like Artifacts, random parallels now where the GU are like /12 and what not. Some things are just too much. I like just regular UD (to an extent) Base, /100, /10, and maybe a printing plate if you find one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really liked Panini, they had some great card ideas, same old with upper deck... but again, too many cards produced. I also think that by producing less, the card value market would go up

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you are opening boxes to make money then you have the problem not Upper Deck. If you aren't collecting or trading what you hit then you are gambling that you hit something big, and just like gambling there are more losers than winners.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast