Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Done with Upper Deck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I've been done with UD for a while, the last UD box I broke was Series 1 and thats only because it was free (won it here for the guess the score contest).

In the last year I've broken 3 cases of Panini product and 4 cases of ITG plus some individual boxes of each... and 1 free box of UD.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alternateego's Items on eBay

I don't see the problem myself... but everyone has a complaint it seems

SCF Rewards
    Country

So youre complaining about getting 2 decent hits ..... that are too high numbered for your liking?

Then you complain to UD that the cards they make are too big, the 1 touches or holders are too expensive ... and that they should care about you reselling these cards.

Not sure what world you live in.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alternateego's Items on eBay

So youre complaining about getting 2 decent hits ..... that are too high numbered for your liking?

Then you complain to UD that the cards they make are too big, the 1 touches or holders are too expensive ... and that they should care about you reselling these cards.

Not sure what world you live in.

threads like these make no sense to me, they're pointless and fall on deaf ears. that's what I think

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Remember when you could chose from OPC...and OPC, and 1 set a year, and...well that was it, no #'d, no jerseys, no...well nothing!!!!! Just some croaked cut cardboard tossed in a stinky ole shoe-box...a one-touch? what is that lol!
    Life is rough these days though :P
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Why would anyone think UD, or any card company, is in the business to help you resell their cards? I think it's better that 300 people can own that Lundqvist. This is a hobby, not a means of producing income.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

He's complaining about the value and unique size of the cards produced these days. Now you have to go out of your way to find something to hold this size of a card and likely for no reason because it's only worth $5. You spent $100+ to get it and now you have to spend more to hold it.

I get it. That's why I only break ITG. Don't feel like breaking 8 boxes of Upper Deck to get 1 box that makes me feel like I did well when I can just buy 1 box of ITG and feel good about it.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

This thread should really be in the hockey card talk section, but I guess that's besides the point. It's one thing to rant, but these threads come across really whiny. No one is forcing you to buy the stuff, and clearly upper deck has had no problems selling their product to those who enjoy it. Don't like it, don't buy it. Also if you're that worried about the cost of storing it, you could buy a 35 ct. Box for about .50 that works just fine with a decoy behind it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12