Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Ovechkin

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Alex Ovechkin

USA Today Sports, reported that Ovy was the most underachieving player in the NHL, this is the same guy that promised a Game 7 Win, but notta, Ovy, your no Mark Messier, also he is reported on his way to help Russia in hockey, I was under the impression, the day after or the day after that,
    all the players met, maybe had a team meeting, cleaned out there lockers and said there goodbye's, but I guess I'm wrong in Ovy's case, again to me he is just about the GLORY, or I guess he was crying all night and he had to get out of town, either way, Ovy, it's still a team sport, for 99.9% of the players, except you.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Do you have anything substantiating that he literally jumped on a plane to the Czech Republic right after the game? Or are you just spinning out an anti-Ovechkin rant? Do you honestly think that the captain of the team isn't going to stick around for the exit interviews and cleaning out of his locker? Come on, Carol. There's a protocol to the end of the season and Ovechkin's not going to just skip out on one of the most important end-of-season functions.

"Most underachieving player?" That's not "reporting," that's expressing an opinion, and not a very valid one at that. He just had one of the best seasons of his entire career, not just for production (yet another Maurice Richard Trophy) but almost all season long every major outlet was talking about how under Barry Trotz he's become a more complete, 200-foot player. He's really embraced the new system with this coach and it paid dividends. Look at the remarkable jump in his +/- stats this year.

Not everybody gets to win the Stanley Cup. They had their chances and came up short.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Its been reported on TSN, I watching the Canada vs Belarus and they said, he was on his way to play with Russia, Russia has one spot left on the team.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

I was under the impression, the day after or the day after that,
    all the players met, maybe had a team meeting, cleaned out there lockers and said there goodbye's

That's "break up day" and Caps have not had theirs yet. They just finished playing last night and teams usually give it a few days before doing it. What is there to be said at exit interviews to Ovi anyway? He was clearly their best skater during the regular and post season. These guys have been seeing each almost every day for the last 3/4 of the year and have each other's contacts if they wanted to get in touch. Ovi jetting to play for Team Russia shouldn't be a problem in the locker room, even if he wasn't the captain. If anything, it just means the media will have to wait for him to get back (whenever that is) to get his end of the season quotes.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Ovy plays for Ovy, and nobody else, he wants to play for Russia, because he doesn't want Canada and Crosby to win it all, Ovy had a great year, 53 goals, but 25 were on the powerplay, he loves all the GLORY.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

Ovy plays for Ovy, and nobody else, he wants to play for Russia, because he doesn't want Canada and Crosby to win it all, Ovy had a great year, 53 goals, but 25 were on the powerplay, he loves all the GLORY.

If Sidney Crosby did this, it'd be called "patriotic" or whatever the Canadian version of it is.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Mmmmkay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Joel Ward, Jason Chimera, and Jay Beagle were some of the top playoff scorers for the Caps. Ovechkin should be a better GM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ovy still hasn't figured out the effort and sacrifice it takes to win a Stanley Cup. Some Russians do but most don't. That he felt like hopping on a plane right after a tough Game 7 tells me that he didn't drain the tank in that game.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

The dude actually played a heck of a season, really bolstered his leadership, and now leaves to go represent his country and gets criticized for it? I'm sorry but that's just not right.

Did you ever think maybe he's proud to be Russian? Like representing his country? Maybe I don't know, the dude loves the game of hockey? Unbelievable that someone goes off to play for their national team and gets criticized. Where was this when Crosby ran over?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast