Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

RNH Keep or Trade/Sell?

I have a decent RNH PC and I was considering trading/selling a few off but then I thought about McDavid going to the Oilers might increase his value. So should I just wait and hold off for now or does it really not matter? The other scenareo is that his cards go DOWN in value because of McDavid. Any opinions or thoughts on this? Also what about the other stars on the Oilers? Hall Yakapov and Eberle? Will thier cards rise or decline? Will they get traded before McDavid arrvies?

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

sell he is an over rated plug same with yak
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (26) HI
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers

Worst case I will gladly take your "plugs"

Seriously though, if you are not an Oiler fan and looking strictly at keeping them as an investment, you should probably dump them.
    I have some PC cards that I would never get rid of and they used to be worth a ton of money, but they hold a certain sentimental value.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The selling prices of the oilers will climb, but the asking prices will still be outrageous. It seems many like to burn extra cash on Edmonton oiler cards. The new season there is always hype that Edmonton, since they are technically not bottom dwellers and there's a false sense of a championship team (im a bitter oiler fan haha). But they did make massive steps in the right direction this summer. I think a lot of the money will be shot towards McDavid's rookies, which will probably hurt the sales of the others slightly. Nuge may no longer be the #1 centre, and I can honestly see him traded if McDavid appears to be capable to handle the role. Lots of teams need a centre. If your going to sell, Id sell more towards training camp when everybody is excited. As for hall, I think his value will climb back to where it was a couple years ago. He is still one of the best LW out there, and one can only imagine what the possibilities are with playing with a very talented centre

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Not sure he will ever be a mega star...but at same time better to wait and sell when HOT...which he isn't at the moment, can only get better I would think, as he will now be a # 2 center. McDavid will draw opposition best checking line. Also with new G.M Oil should get better supporting cast and possibly start winning...possibly.

Hall and Eberle are very talented, just need to be on winning team...see world Championships they score a lot and play great!
    Yak is not so great imho...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Heard a lot of trade rumors surrounding Hall and Eberle. I assume they wouldent trade RNH though as he would be a good second line center..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure Edmonton would want to pay 6mill a year for a second line center. He would be worth something to help out either defence or goaltending. Leon Draisaitl may be closer to staying with the big club. RNH may be collateral damage. Who knows I guess. I cant see them trading Hall. Eberle and Yakupov I can see on the trading block. With a new GM, anything is possible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Gotta wonder about who is going to be traded off for Defense/Goalie etc when McDavid arrives.

I think Eberle is their best player but I think they would get rid of him and Yakupov. Hard to guess exactly what is going to happen at this point so I would sell them if you think he is going to be traded or keep them if not. If they keep him and let go of Eberle that's a strong sign they're planning a future for RNH as well.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would sell RNH before he gets traded. Oilers wouldn't pay $6 millions for a #2 center. Right now, Taylor Hall and RNH have the most trade values and the Oilers will trade Hall or both Hall/RNH to get stud defenseman and goalie.

Draisaitl and Yakupov don't have much trade value right now so they will stay. Yakupov will go on a roll with the right coach just like end of this season. Anton Lander could be permanent as #3 center with McDavid, and Draisaitl.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It really depends what theory you subscribe to:

- Only so many hobby $$$ to go for Oilers cards, so McDavid will drive everyone's prices down
    - McDavid will quickly make the Oilers an offensively elite team, so everyone's prices go up.

It's probably somewhere in the middle. If Hopkins (or Hall, or Eberle, or Yakupov) is scoring at a rate that's near the top of the league (and that's a HUGE if) it will be reflected in the price of his cardboard..... but with the amount of "superstars" on the Oilers, it's going to be tough to see all those cards of all those players selling for big bucks. The "staple" RCs (and their parallels) will likely all see a nice bump in price, if those players are scoring at the rate that everything thinks they can.

Of course there is also the possibility of a trade. If that happens, anything that isn't rookie year probably tanks further. My gut tells me that you're not going to see any of them (RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, or Draisaitl) moved though. I would have argued hard in favour of moving Eberle two summers ago.... and suggested that moving one of him or Hall out was the only thing they could do to improve the rest of the team. With McDavid coming though, I'm not convinced that's the right approach anymore. Keep the whole lot of them (for now) and the eventual trade of Hopkins will happen after McDavid's ELC is up (three years from now).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast