Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Group Wants Air Force General Court Martialed For Religious Remarks

No, they don't want him court martialed for saying something derogatory about religion, they want him court martialed for expressing his religion.

The lengths that people will go to to try and squash the open expression of Christianity is baffling. They actually called him giving credit to God an "unforgivable crime and transgression". I am not sure if these people are just too stupid to understand the meaning of the word crime or if they are so perverted by their bigotry and hatred that they can't comprehend the ignorance of what they say.

Video posted on YouTube shows Maj. Gen. Craig Olson speaking at a National Day of Prayer Task Force event May 7. In the speech, Olson refers to himself as a "redeemed believer in Christ," who credits God for his accomplishments in the Air Force.

The Military Religious Freedom Foundation has called for Olson to be "aggressively and very visibly brought to justice for his unforgivable crimes and transgressions" by a court-martial, adding that any other service members who helped him should be investigated and punished "to the full extent of military law."

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/m...eech/27317903/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

National Day of Prayer attendees should except people to be religious

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know too much about this issue so I'll refrain from making an opinion at the moment.

But, why do we have these prayers all over government and the military?

Why the hell do we even have a "national day of prayer"?

I mean, is it not painfully obvious that even if there is a god he gives ZERO (you know what) about humans?

Look, at the end of the day I don't know if God exists or not, I honestly don't care anymore.

Because it should be obvious that if he does exist he has nothing to do with humans.

Jesus, save your breath....prayer is useless.

It's the literal placebo effect in action.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mean, is it not painfully obvious that even if there is a god he gives ZERO (you know what) about humans?

Look, at the end of the day I don't know if God exists or not, I honestly don't care anymore.

Because it should be obvious that if he does exist he has nothing to do with humans.

some people love, respect, and worship without wanting anything in return.

if Prayer is used as the only means to achieve vital goals and there are other means to achieve them, then prayer is fruitless.
    if prayer gives you the confidence you need to achieve something, then more power to you.
    If you gain courage by thinking there is something far more important than just you, and this allows you to help others, then more power to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People are mad somebody made religious remarks at a religious event?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't know too much about this issue so I'll refrain from making an opinion at the moment.

First, he was at a National Day of Prayer Task Force event, not a government event. He wore his uniform, which is certainly his right considering his many years of service, and now these nutjobs want him crucified (pun intended). It is silly to suggest that a general in the military can not wear his uniform while talking about his religious beliefs. That isn't just oppression of freedom of speech, it is just outright oppressive.

Why do we have a National Atheist Day (the fact that it is in April 1st is awesome) or Flag Day or Blood Donation Day or any other day of recognition? Somebody wants it and they certainly have a right to it.

You have the right to your opinion. Others have the right to theirs. Either way, this has zilch to do with the subject.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Same reason we have Martin Luther KIng Day,Kwanza,Passover,Presidents Day,Groundhog Day and day you pick. It is a day to observe something. You don't have to like it or respect it but DEAL WITH IT!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh man....Far right Christians are SOOO oppressed and they LOVE being the victims.

They remind me of radical feminists and their never-ending victim complex.

Wah....males are oppressing me for being a woman!

Wah....non-Christians are oppressing me for being Christian!

Wah...despite the fact that I'm most likely a white middle-class female, I'm being persecuted!

Wah....despite the fact that I'm most likely a white middle-class male/female and the overwhelming majority of Americans also classify themselves as Christian, I'm being persecuted.

Far right Christians and radical feminists....top two spots in the oppression Olympics.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Oh man....Far right Christians are SOOO oppressed and they LOVE being the victims.

Wah...despite the fact that I'm most likely a white middle-class female, I'm being persecuted!

Wah....despite the fact that I'm most likely a white middle-class male/female and the overwhelming majority of Americans also classify themselves as Christian, I'm being persecuted.

Far right Christians and radical feminists....top two spots in the oppression Olympics.

Stand up for the free speech until it comes to a Christian right?

SCF Rewards
    Country

what does that have to do with anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast