Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not even sure why people bother with YG's anymore. ...hottest guy in hockey tyler johnson can't even hit $20......While his high end stuff is scorching...

These days you can buy cup rookies what YG's used to go for...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Not even sure why people bother with YG's anymore. ...hottest guy in hockey tyler johnson can't even hit $20......While his high end stuff is scorching...

he might be hot but only in the playoffs, he season was not that strong and he needs to do it for a couple of years before his yg gets higher is price.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Season not that strong???? He was among the leaders in points ...

Won't even matter as jamie benn yg is worthless too and he won art ross and had a bunch of good years..

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know, I think all cards are worthless. Maybe we should all get together somewhere and have a huge SCF bon fire where we throw all of our worthless cards in and watch them burn. It will probably be better than letting them sit in their storage containers and be worthless all the time. At least if we start a fire these things will have worth and not be worthless. I'm so sick of worthless things. I'm assuming that you will be the first to throw your worthless card collection in the fire, right Kuba?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

You know, I think all cards are worthless. Maybe we should all get together somewhere and have a huge SCF bon fire where we throw all of our worthless cards in and watch them burn. It will probably be better than letting them sit in their storage containers and be worthless all the time. At least if we start a fire these things will have worth and not be worthless. I'm so sick of worthless things. I'm assuming that you will be the first to throw your worthless card collection in the fire, right Kuba?

He probably hates puppies too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He probably hates puppies too.

Why wouldn't he? Puppies are clearly worthless.

SCF Rewards
    Country

YG's are far from worthless. Lots of players sell very well; Price, Toews, Kane, Crosby, OV, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Tavares, Mckinnon, Stamkos etc, etc.

Johnson is an undrafted player playing for a small market team that is not heavily collected and he still sells at 25 bucks, that's a great price for a card that has thousands of copies in the market.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And why is this a bad thing?

Why is it so horrible that rookie card of a guy having a great season is still affordable to a kid who's saved a few weeks of allowance to buy one after watching his playoff performances?

What's so hard to understand about collectors wanting to add rookie cards of solid players from the modern set with the most tradition?

I really don't understand this 'why do people bother with YGs' question... Cause collectors actually enjoy the hobby perhaps? The more salient question is why do you bother questioning why people choose to enjoy and collect what they do? If the hobby is too much of a 'bother' for you, perhaps you need to reevaluate why you're taking part in it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

And why is this a bad thing?

Why is it so horrible that rookie card of a guy having a great season is still affordable to a kid who's saved a few weeks of allowance to buy one after watching his playoff performances?

What's so hard to understand about collectors wanting to add rookie cards of solid players from the modern set with the most tradition?

I really don't understand this 'why do people bother with YGs' question... Cause collectors actually enjoy the hobby perhaps? The more salient question is why do you bother questioning why people choose to enjoy and collect what they do? If the hobby is too much of a 'bother' for you, perhaps you need to reevaluate why you're taking part in it...

It's horrible because there isn't much profit to be had. Plus, that kid is probably worthless too. What are kids doing in such a high profile investment anyways? This hobby is obviously for sophisticated adults only.

But on a less sarcastic note, this dude needs to get over it. I understand that box prices are too expensive and that the contents need to reflect that expense, but you don't have to bust boxes to enjoy this hobby. I love the fact that I can pick singles up for cheap, it means that I can buy more of them. If people want to go out and bust a $100.00 box of cards and then sell the contents for $15.00, that's their fault, not UD's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

meh, he's playing both sides. He talks about value and how much of a rip off breaking wax is but breaks some of it anyways.
    And he enters team case breaks but talks about how low they go because the product is crap.

Just trying to drive down value so he can pick it up on the cheap. Just look at the OPC Platinum thread, the Rookie Autos for a couple of bucks?

He talked about selling hundreds of cards in the last card show. I'm sure he made a pretty penny on those.

even with him on ignore, threads are ruined when he posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast