Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whether you guys want to admit it or not. The USA has a problem with guns, and it's your GUN CULTURE that is leading the way. Open carry only enhances this gun culture.

I can't hear you while I am reloading....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

SO basically you will start a thread to ignite a fire but offer up no input. Hence like running away eh that is typical Alex.
    http://reverbpress.com/justice/open-...m-in-policing/

I won't bother making any commentary on what is going on, I'll leave that up to you.

All I know is that if Open Carry is legal, ANYONE should be able to do it.

Personally, with all the nonsense that Cops are pulling, I'm beginning to FAVOR Open Carry laws.

Citizens should NOT fear their government...

Thanks to American Cops I am now 100% FOR the 2nd Amendment.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Once again it seems like some people are trying to start a race war because Hindenburg Hilliary's poll numbers continues to nose dive so they have to distract morons with this junk trying to passed off as news.

This story you probably didn't hear about because the media couldn't use it as race bait. In Atlanta, GA a black man with a gun stops a white guy from stealing his car and the police show up and everything goes smoothly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ly-Dollar.html

Fannin felt that Horn was trying to carjack him so he pulled his handgun out, WSB reported.

Horn tried to convince Fannin it was a big mistake and that he had hopped into his car by accident, but the would-be victim wasn't buying it.

He ordered the man out of his car and held him at gunpoint.

In a cellphone video of the incident Fannin said: 'Do you just get into random people's cars... You thought I was your friend?

'So you woke up stupid this morning?'

When police arrived on the scene, they found Fannin standing over Horn while the robbery suspect was face down in the parking lot.

Fannin placed his gun on the ground after officers arrived and was given a hearty handshake in appreciation of his effort.

He said: 'Honestly, I look at it like this. That is one less guy I got to worry about bothering my mom when she's out grocery shopping,

Horn was charged with attempted robbery and entering an automobile.

Stories like this happen all the time but you don't hear about them because they are positive and common. You only hear about the freak stories that can exploited so CNN can get some viewers.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Throw that 55% out the window and what are you left with? The remaining 45% of gun deaths dwarf other civilized countries. Guns are the problem.

Well let's see. According to gunviolencearchive.org in 2014 there were 12,529 people killed by a gun in 2014. However, they count officer involved shootings (3,179) in that number, which I think is biased. They also include shootings in defense of home invasions (2,591), which is idiotic. Taking out the officer involved shootings and home defense shootings leaves us with 6,759 people killed either intentionally or by accident. If we take out the aforementioned 55% then we drop to 3,042. That gives us a ratio of .95 gun deaths per 100k population. That is a pretty low ratio for a country with the most guns per capita in the world.

What I would really like to see is some solid data on the number of homicides committed with legally owned guns. I bet the number is infinitesimal.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Once again it seems like some people are trying to start a race war because Hindenburg Hilliary's poll numbers continues to nose dive so they have to distract morons with this junk trying to passed off as news.

This story you probably didn't hear about because the media couldn't use it as race bait. In Atlanta, GA a black man with a gun stops a white guy from stealing his car and the police show up and everything goes smoothly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ly-Dollar.html

Stories like this happen all the time but you don't hear about them because they are positive and common. You only hear about the freak stories that can exploited so CNN can get some viewers.

You hit the nail on the head. There is no money to be made on feelgood stories about gun ownership so the media ignores those while sensationalizing the bad ones for everything they can milk out of it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Well let's see. According to gunviolencearchive.org in 2014 there were 12,529 people killed by a gun in 2014. However, they count officer involved shootings (3,179) in that number, which I think is biased. They also include shootings in defense of home invasions (2,591), which is idiotic. Taking out the officer involved shootings and home defense shootings leaves us with 6,759 people killed either intentionally or by accident. If we take out the aforementioned 55% then we drop to 3,042. That gives us a ratio of .95 gun deaths per 100k population. That is a pretty low ratio for a country with the most guns per capita in the world.

What I would really like to see is some solid data on the number of homicides committed with legally owned guns. I bet the number is infinitesimal.

Duane you can play with the numbers all you like (many of which are debatable) but it doesn't matter. They are so far skewed out of whack with the rest of the civilized world that you will never be able to legitimatize them. It's the culture. Much like the meme I just saw on twitter of the 10 yo girl proudly displaying her gun. She can't drive, work 40hrs, vote, apply for the military, etc, etc, but she CAN own a gun. Old man shoots a theatre go-er, Zimmerman shoots a teenager, old guy shoots loud teenagers, toddler shoots mother in Walmart, sibling shoots sibling, it never ends. Mentally insane teen shoots up a school; resulting in a cry for MORE guns in schools. Then you question people who are concerned with a man walking down the street with an AR15 over his shoulder. That's the society you want. You want such an occurrence to be the norm. See nothing wrong with it. I'll end with that. No point trying to convince you there is a gun culture, let alone convince you that it is a problem,

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Old man shoots a theatre go-er I am unaware of what you are talking about. Was he charged? Zimmerman shoots a teenager in self-defense, old guy shoots loud teenagers this rings a bell, but I can't recall the exact situation, toddler shoots mother in Walmart what does this have to do with gun violence?, sibling shoots sibling siblings stab each other, beat each other to death, etc. guns are a tool, not the cause, it never ends. Mentally insane teen shoots up a school with illegally gotten guns; resulting in a cry for MORE guns in schools. Then you question people who are concerned with a man walking down the street with an AR15 over his shoulder not many legitimate people walk around with an AR15 because of open carry, most open carry a handgun. This AR15 thing was for shock effect, nothing more. You missed the point.. That's the society you want. You want such an occurrence to be the norm. See nothing wrong with it. I'll end with that. No point trying to convince you there is a gun culture, let alone convince you that it is a problem,

Responses in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven
    Much like the meme I just saw on twitter of the 10 yo girl proudly displaying her gun. She can't drive, work 40hrs, vote, apply for the military, etc, etc, but she CAN own a gun.

And herein lies the problem with people like yourself. You really don't know anything about gun rights, gun legislation, gun laws or guns in general. No, a 10 year old can not own a gun. Nor can they buy one or open carry one. Stop getting your anti-gun propaganda fix from Twitter and HuffPost.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Responses in bold.

And herein lies the problem with people like yourself. You really don't know anything about gun rights, gun legislation, gun laws or guns in general. No, a 10 year old can not own a gun. Nor can they buy one or open carry one. Stop getting your anti-gun propaganda fix from Twitter and HuffPost.

I think the guy was 73 and shot the man for using his phone before the movie started to check on the babysitter. Yes, he was charged. Convicted too, I think but I am not bothering to look it up right this second.

Yes, Zimmerman was a self-defense claim and he shouldn't have been convicted. Question is; would he have been so brazen to follow Trayvon if he wasn't packing a weapon?

At least you sort of recall it. This old guy (actually only about 50ish) was convicted.

It doesn't have to do with gun violence, I never said it did. I am talking about the gun culture which compels this woman to carry a gun in her open purse at Walmart.

Guns are a more effective, immediate TOOL.

Where do they get the illegal guns? From the legal owners that buy them like a sneaker fetish.

I didn't miss the point. A stranger to you walking around with any type of gun plainly visible SHOULD concern you, but it doesn't. You think the concerned citizen is the one being abnormal.

Yes, "OWN" may be the wrong choice of word. How about "USE"? Like the kid at the shooting range that shot the instructor in the head because the instructor and her parents saw no issue with a "kid" wielding an automatic weapon too powerful for her.

It's really an interesting analogy from someone looking at it from the other side. Gun culture is much like religion, those caught up in it can never see that they are. The Church uses childhood indoctrination because of the absurdity of their position, and the NRA and gun manufacturers use a much more natural FEAR approach to indoctrinate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

i dont like open carry guys,i automatically see them as scared and/or paranoid and there is nothing more dangerous than a scared animal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Whether you guys want to admit it or not. The USA has a problem with guns, and it's your GUN CULTURE that is leading the way. Open carry only enhances this gun culture.

it must be,its america we the people's trump card on the government,the u.s.a. is the only country where the citizens have more fire power then their government and i like it that way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast